Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord Xeb

Unprotected Government Server Exposes Years of FBI Investigations

Posted · Original PosterOP

A massive government data belonging to the Oklahoma Department of Securities (ODS) was left unsecured on a storage server for at least a week, exposing a whopping 3 terabytes of data containing millions of sensitive files.

The unsecured storage server, discovered by Greg Pollock, a researcher with cybersecurity firm UpGuard, also contained decades worth of confidential case files from the Oklahoma Securities Commission and many sensitive FBI investigations—all wide open and accessible to anyone without any password.

Other severe files exposed included emails, social security numbers, names, and addresses of 10,000 brokers, credentials for remote access to ODS workstations, and communications meant for the Oklahoma Securities Commission, along with a list of identifiable information related to AIDS patients.

While the researcher doesn't know exactly how long the server was open to the public, the Shodan search engine revealed that the server had been publicly open since at least November 30, 2018, almost a week after (on December 7) Pollock discovered it.

Some real bad juju here. Someone is going to be loosing their job and ODS is going to be in a world of hurt. 

From some other news articles on this. It also looks like this leak basically allowed anyone to download government files. 

Source

ZDNet

Original article from Upguard

I am Lord Xeb from OCN. Fear me!

"Everyone is an expert in something. Never approach an interaction thinking someone is otherwise. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others for simply being ignorant within your realm of expertise." ~ Unknown

Yikes

~New~  ThinkPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004 

FBI, please make your files more secure.

- A citizen that is paying your salaries

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

1 hour ago, I-r0k said:

FBI, please stop hiding your shady dealings along with the extremely shady dealings of all of our "representatives".

- Another citizen that is paying your salaries.

Leak all of it.

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose. By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy, otherwise known as The Beast.

You just be careful. Computers have already beaten the Communists at chess. Next thing you know, they'll be beating humans.

When the average citizen has better internet security than a federal/state agency... 

ORIGIN OF *breath in* Boi - YouTube

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

50 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Maybe they shut down the security systems because of the government funding?

I doubt it. This kind of stuff is pretty important.

Please quote or @ me so I can see you responded!

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

PSU Tier List v3 

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-9700k

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

Posted · Original PosterOP

This was prior to this mess we are in. Someone was an idiot/incompetent. 

I am Lord Xeb from OCN. Fear me!

"Everyone is an expert in something. Never approach an interaction thinking someone is otherwise. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others for simply being ignorant within your realm of expertise." ~ Unknown

GG No Re, someone is having the worse case of the shits today!

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|2X GTX 980 in SLI| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Please remember this the next time someone says government agencies should have access to our private information.

Leaks like these happens constantly, and the more access the government agencies has to our information, the more of it will become readable by everyone.

The only proper security is one with no backdoors or other deliberate weaknesses, even if "they can only be accessed by the government".

Now I'm wondering whether senior government officials even set a passcode lock on their phones 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

15 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Please remember this the next time someone says government agencies should have access to our private information.

Leaks like these happens constantly, and the more access the government agencies has to our information, the more of it will become readable by everyone.

The only proper security is one with no backdoors or other deliberate weaknesses, even if "they can only be accessed by the government".

I'll remember this the next time someone asks me to feel bad about a government employee not getting paid.

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose. By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy, otherwise known as The Beast.

You just be careful. Computers have already beaten the Communists at chess. Next thing you know, they'll be beating humans.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, I-r0k said:

It sounds like this was Oklahoma's fault, not the FBIs.  Oklahoma just happened to have FBI files on their server.

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor