Upgrade from GTX 950

Bouncyslime555
Go to solution Solved by Wh0_Am_1,

Welcome to the LTT forums! At the moment, if you want to go new I would recommend the RTX 2060, or if you want to go used, I would recommend a 1070 ti or Vega 64.

Hey guys, I currently have a system with a

-i5 6600

-gtx 950

My budget is $100-400, so what would be the best graphics card for me to upgrade to? I'm probably going to move to an 8th gen or 10th gen CPU next year if that helps. I mostly play csgo and black ops 4

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Bouncyslime555 said:

Hey guys, I currently have a system with a

-i5 6600

-gtx 950

My budget is $100-400, so what would be the best graphics card for me to upgrade to? I'm probably going to move to an 8th gen or 10th gen CPU next year if that helps. I mostly play csgo and black ops 4

Thanks.

RTX 2060 shouldnt be bottlenecked too much by the i5-6600, but you can upgrade your CPU later to unleash it's full power.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Welcome to the LTT forums! At the moment, if you want to go new I would recommend the RTX 2060, or if you want to go used, I would recommend a 1070 ti or Vega 64.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

RTX 2060 shouldnt be bottlenecked too much by the i5-6600, but you can upgrade your CPU later to unleash it's full power.

It won't bottleneck at all, as long as he stays away from older games like Crysis. P.S. the 2060 is only slightly faster than the 1070 ti, and the 6600 is only slightly slower than the 6700, and the 6700 is able to keep up with the 1080 ti.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

It won't bottleneck at all, as long as he stays away from older games like Crysis.

it most probably will at 1080P but it should be "okay" until he upgrades, but if he's on a 60Hz 1080P monitor then upgrading is pointless

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, syn2112 said:

it most probably will at 1080P but it should be "okay" until he upgrades, but if he's on a 60Hz 1080P monitor then upgrading is pointless

Nah, the slightly faster 6700 is more than capable of keeping up with a 1080ti at 1080p. Game devs have taken into account the fact that Intel until just recently has been sitting on their hands while Nvidia has continued to innovate, so to compensate games are now more GPU bound, thereby allowing the pairing of a 1080 ti with an older CPU such as the aging 3770.

Thanks so much guys! I think I'll go for the 2060 since its apparently better than the 1070ti

I'd get A RX 570 for less than 150$ its twice as good as the 950, if you have 250$, Then a RX 580/590, and if you have 350$, 2060.