Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Romi

Only one device for YouTube TV

Posted · Original PosterOP

Heya, I'm wondering how to block other devices from using 'watch on tv on youtube' and only allow my device. Since my whole family is only on one wifi adress some connect either by mistake either on purpose. So yeah, that's quite annoying, like right now my brother-in-law connected to youtube while I was watching Linus xD so at least that gave me the idea to come over to this awesome and resourceful community forum. So any idea how to watch youtube in peace?

Yeah, but everybody can add themselves, like I was watching Linus and I just saw a pop up "name phone connected" and then I saw how he lowered the volume and then I had to interrupt the video to go.to the youtube menu and kick him out which was very annoying. Anybody can connect from the youtube app from their phone just by tapping on the "watch on tv" icon which is quite a problem.

I'm already logged in, and makes no difference, anyway I reported this problem and maybe they will add some sort of security in the future. Because when you link a device over the wifi, you need no passcode, no code, no password, you need nothing, and that's a problem since everybody can link up to your smart tv on youtube if they are on the same wifi adress.