Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
James

No, THIS is the CLEANEST Setup.

Given how YouTube's been screwing your uploads over, I'll be waiting an hour or so before watching since I don't want to see it in 360p.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Given how YouTube's been screwing your uploads over, I'll be waiting an hour or so before watching since I don't want to see it in 360p.

It's at 720p currently for me right now (4.16PM)

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's at 720p currently for me right now (4.16PM)

Oh wow, suitable quality for viewing on mobile

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

I'm at work so I can't listen, but looking through the video it looks like some kind of adapter box you plug into your laptop.

That's so clunky.

I can build a desktop PC with only 1 cord to it, and that's the power cord.

Everything else can be wireless.

Keyboard.

Mouse.

Network.

Video card. (yes, it did exist)

So much cleaner...

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

the only problem I have with that desk is the thickness of that 'shelf', maybe could've been thinner . Next time maybe having GPU on the left side where's that weird drawer(?) built in, instead of having it quite awkwardly hidden in that box?

I don't know about you, but I like having a laptop and desktop as separate entities 😛

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I don't know about you, but I like having a laptop and desktop as separate entities 😛

well, that's fine... this is for folks who use their $2000+ devices :D 

3 minutes ago, PeterBocan said:

well, that's fine... this is for folks who use their $2000+ devices :D 

Haha, what makes you think I don't use them?

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

23 minutes ago, dizmo said:

100%, I hate doing things on laptops.  Have 2 only if I must.  

I would never want the performance of a laptop over the price/performance ratio of a desktop.  Im guessing this is for those who have the laptop extreme and more money to burn and must hate desktops.

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiator, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, 2x Gigabyte HD 7850 2gb GPUs in crossfire, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, PCCOOLING 160w TDP air cooler, 60gb Patriot SSD Win 10 boot drive, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Roku 55" 4k TV

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, M.2 Intel Wifi/Bluetooth

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

APU Laptop: I need to clean this things TIM up so it can boot into Windows 7 for more than 5 minute before overheating at idle, it has things, I just haven't been on it in 2 years or so

Three "PC mod" videos this week. I have to tell y'all that I liked every one. Of course, I really like clean/minimalist/stealth design aesthetics and generally dislike the flashy/"loud"/"gamer"/maximum-RGB styles that are common today, so...they all get thumbs up from me.

Also, watching these videos really makes me want to buy a CNC router.

In actuality you guys should of picked a different laptop. The Razor Blade Stealth is only a 2 PCIe lane thunderbolt 3 output device. So the Blade Stealth is actually only outputting 16Gbps not the 40GGbps you think. So instead of the ~25% performance loss on 40Gbps, you're getting ~35% drop. So I would use a Razor blade, lennovo yoga, or even a macbook pro 13in (only the 2 TB3 ports on the right side of the 13in touch bar has 4 PCIe lanes, and the Non touch bar only has 2 TB3 2PCIe lane thunderbolt 3 ports), and the 15In has 4line PCIe thunderbolt 3 on all 4 ports. While its not big deal really, but i would want to get out all of the power out of the GPU if it was my setup. 

So other than that love what yall did. Practically my setup but I use a Macbook, and I only have a TB3 dock by cable matters. I am looking to get a EGPU at some time. But TB3 EGPU's are expense. 

Just another confusing and usb c/ thunderbolt 3. But still not a big deal at the end of the day. 

Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/eGPU-Two-PCI-e-lanes-no-problem.266658.0.html

Edited by Milli5410
Added a comment, and added some missing words I didn't output to the keyboard. Thanks dyslexia
1 hour ago, trogdor0 said:

Three "PC mod" videos this week. I have to tell y'all that I liked every one. Of course, I really like clean/minimalist/stealth design aesthetics and generally dislike the flashy/"loud"/"gamer"/maximum-RGB styles that are common today, so...they all get thumbs up from me.

Also, watching these videos really makes me want to buy a CNC router.

Yeah, it really blew up in 2018. i was literately RGB all things computer. Like S  t if im working late I dont want a strobing blue, green, and red sun shining at my eyes. White Leds are cool to me if its not over done, but how it now its overkill. Thats why i think sleepers are getting more popular with LTT because of not the overly done RGB. 

2 hours ago, Tristerin said:

100%, I hate doing things on laptops.  Have 2 only if I must.  

I would never want the performance of a laptop over the price/performance ratio of a desktop.  Im guessing this is for those who have the laptop extreme and more money to burn and must hate desktops.

Totally. I mean, I don't need a lot of power on the go, so I usually just grab an ultrabook instead of a gaming/workstation laptop. They usually get substantially better battery life (which is kind of the point of on the go stuff, isn't it?), easier to carry around, and, best of all, loads cheaper.

Here's what I kind of take away from this project. It's very cool, and is definitely sleek. But for the average user? Why not just grab an ultrabook and a desktop?

I mean, the cost of the GPU enclosure is $375. If you factor in the costs for the rest of the kit needed to get it to work, you can build a desktop for that, and avoid the bottlenecks.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($87.83 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX850 128 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($24.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Cougar - MX340 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $467.67

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

Linus Tech Tips How Well does this game run on Arma 3. I can only get 30 fps, How Much fps can that get?

Also can you make a video on what is the best computer to run arma 3 with?

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Why not just grab an ultrabook and a desktop?

I mean, the cost of the GPU enclosure is $375. If you factor in the costs for the rest of the kit needed to get it to work, you can build a desktop for that, and avoid the bottlenecks.

Yeah Exactly. For me its picking between building a totally separate computer for around $500-$600 (with some used parts from online), or just spending around $400-$500 on a EGPu and just use my laptop. Because my laptops processor is a current gen i7 8850H and it isn't too bad, and I could get one performance level better GPU and recoup the performance loss though TB3.

So its either having a separate computer that cost a little more with more or less performance than a Laptop connected though TB3. So consumers like me have to decide wether plugging in a single cable into your laptop is that big of a deal to justify building a separate computer. 

Hey guys, industrial designer here, I would love to collaborate remotely with you guys in future builds to help you get the ergonomics right and other design aspects!

Hi, everyone. I’m very new to the form and joined because of this video.

I have an Acer Nitro and it has a USB-Type C looking port. On the Acer’s website it states to be a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port. Would this work with a dock like the one features in the video? Thank you.

A list of laptops that have the right TB ports would be handy here.

On the other hand, a high end Clevo unit with an 8-core CPU could be used too, assuming it has the proper TB port(s).

I think a follow-up project to this should be how you could do the same with a Surface Go tablet and it's docking station, because there have already been examples of this done with the old Surface Pro 2 tablet from 2014, without the need to customize a desk at all.

5 hours ago, Aware said:

Can you link the desk itself? or where you bought it from? 

I'm interested as well, pretty much all desks nowadays are particleboard unless you spend a grand or 2 on a solid wood one.. I love that color tone of that desk vs the darker tone I have currently..