RTX 2060 Stream Encoding

I just watched one of the latest videos from NVIDIA regarding the 2060 with "built-in" streaming encoder.  Apparently no other RTX has this "hardware" encoder.

Increasing the FPS while decreasing CPU utilization with minimal performance hit.

I really look forward to Linus testing this out thoroughly to see if this really is true and would make a world of difference for someone like me looking for a powerful, budget-friendly video card to game and stream at the same time.

Here is the video:  

I'm interested in seeing how this stacks up against something like a 1070.

Pascal was said to be better at NVENC encoding than Turing.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Kelso-USMC said:

I just watched one of the latest videos from NVIDIA regarding the 2060 with "built-in" streaming encoder.  Apparently no other RTX has this "hardware" encoder. 

All the gtx cards singe the gtx 600 series has had this, its gotten better over time, but nothing new here.

Increasing the FPS while decreasing CPU utilization with minimal performance hit.

They made a obs patch that reduces overhead, but the idea has been there all along.

I really look forward to Linus testing this out thoroughly to see if this really is true and would make a world of difference for someone like me looking for a powerful, budget-friendly video card to game and stream at the same time.

They kinda already did this with this video.

Its just the nvidia encoder is now a bit higher quality and lower overhead.

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Source? Everything points to turing having better quality, more video feautres, and being faster than pascal cards.

They already did a video comparing it. Also been referenced several times in their other videos. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

They kinda already did this with this video.

Its just the nvidia encoder is now a bit higher quality and lower overhead.

That video is almost 2 years old.  Long before RTX was released.  I'm curious how the RTX 2060 performs while streaming and does it really perform the way NVIDIA says it will.

Not looking forward to plonking down $700+ for a 1080 or $600 for a 12 or 16 Core processor.

1 minute ago, Kelso-USMC said:

That video is almost 2 years old.  Long before RTX was released.  I'm curious how the RTX 2060 performs while streaming and does it really perform the way NVIDIA says it will.

Not looking forward to plonking down $700+ for a 1080 or $600 for a 12 or 16 Core processor.

rtx really hasn't changed much, quality is a bit better, but not much has changed.

Here is a comparison.

For someone who is streaming for fun or doesn't want to spend that much, nvenc is fine.

18 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

For someone who is streaming for fun or doesn't want to spend that much, nvenc is fine.

Based on this video, I should then stick to my original plan and use my old PC to handle the capturing/streaming with something like an Elgato HD60 Pro PCIe.

Therefore, my new PC with an RTX 2060 would be able to handle CoD BO4 just fine (hopefully up to 144 Hz).

You would still need something to encode on the other pc. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 hours ago, Kelso-USMC said:

Based on this video, I should then stick to my original plan and use my old PC to handle the capturing/streaming with something like an Elgato HD60 Pro PCIe.

Therefore, my new PC with an RTX 2060 would be able to handle CoD BO4 just fine (hopefully up to 144 Hz).

Dont buy the Elgato, thiers no reason to use a capture card if youre only streaming PC games... use NDI and if you choose to stream console games or a Nintendo switch... use Aver Media never buy "elghetto" 

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm interested in seeing how this stacks up against something like a 1070.

This isnt true at all... NVIDIA has released benchmark results showing a 10-30% increase in performance with little to know FPS drop in comparison to Pascal 

Source: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk 

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Source? Everything points to turing having better quality, more video feautres, and being faster than pascal cards.

Debunked.... See above response 

2 hours ago, Connor_LindTV said:

Debunked.... See above response 

Huh, that source you linked shows turing having better image quality, and being faster, and supporting more features

Which the ltt video shows. The same forums in which we are on. Imagine that. 

21 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Huh, that source you linked shows turing having better image quality, and being faster, and supporting more features

thats confuising seeing as this clearly says RTX has better quality... image.png.7b38663ffcfc42c2520506527a7c035e.png