CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer -- Loudness

Dim

My God. I removed the cable for the front 200mm Red LED fan (on purpose) while doing some extra cable management to see if there was a difference...

I hear the sound of silence.

Literally nothing.

It's amazing.

That front 200mm fan produces around 150 decibels all by itself. Yep, that's a helicopter.

Do you have a CM storm enforcer? Did you also encounter the ridiculously loud fan?

I just hope my system doesn't suffer without the front intake, but to be honest the dust build-up was so great that it probably didn't work anyway.

Why is there no easily removable dust filter ._.

You can easily make your own dust filter out of pantyhose, works ridiculously well honestly. I had a really old crappy fan that had really large fans, I ended up getting some aftermarket fans and with the use of a fan controller they were near silent, made a load of difference.

I think once I get a LNA for this 200mm fan and the other 120mm fan (that is still loud though no where near as much) I'll be set.

Also I am so confused.

I have my CPU overclocked to 4.2GHz and I'm running a $20 air cooler.

It doesn't get hotter than 50C under load.

Even with only one 120mm system fan.

Idling it's 30-35, which is insane considering I live in Australia; the current room temperature is 30.

How is it doing cooling so well?!

Sandy Bridge (I'm going to assume its that) doesn't get that hot. You also probably have a decent cooler, I'm assume a Hyper12?

well im using cm storm enforcer. I have 0 problem with my front intake 200mm fan (it produces almost no sound for me). the only sound that bugged me is the stock intel cooler. that is all

*note: my case is sitting on the floor

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Yeah my case is pretty much always next to me.

The system fans are notoriously loud though; I might get a couple blue LED 200mm and 120mm fans though. BitFenix or something.

maybe get a cooler master megaflow fan. Moves alot of air and it is not very loud.

Yeah my case is pretty much always next to me.

The system fans are notoriously loud though; I might get a couple blue LED 200mm and 120mm fans though. BitFenix or something.

My old pc used to be next to me all the time and i can't do much to make it more silent.

*just my experience*

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB