How to connect second monitor, I cant find tutorials and its not working.

Premoz1

I got Dell monitor as a second monitor. It said "no signal" and I changed the cable from vga to display port by clicking buttons on the monitor. And it didnt show that "no signal" message again. So nothing wrong with the cable. But my pc doesnt recognize it. When I go to win10 settings, it says "no other display recognized" or something like that. And all the tutorials are on the old win10 version. And btw always when I turn the monitor on, it says "Entering power saving mode".

Where are you connecting the monitor to? If you have a graphics card, they should both be getting plugged into there. If it's a motherboard; same thing. Plug them both into the motherboard I/O. Which two cables are you using?

2 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

Where are you connecting the monitor to? If you have a graphics card, they should both be getting plugged into there. If it's a motherboard; same thing. Plug them both into the motherboard I/O. Which two cables are you using?

I am plugging them both in gpu. I am using DVI-D on my main monitor and I am using adapter on the second one. Plugging hdmi on my gpu and display port on the monitor.

33 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Is the adapter bad? What adapter is it?

its adapter that has male display port and female hdmi. And its not bad. It recognizes the display port but doesnt recognize it to pc idk man

Unplug your main monitor and try plugging in your 2nd display only, without the adapter. If it works, you know something is going on with the adapter.

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Unplug your main monitor and try plugging in your 2nd display only, without the adapter. If it works, you know something is going on with the adapter.

I cant. My monitor doesnt have hdmi

9 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

its adapter that has male display port and female hdmi. And its not bad. It recognizes the display port but doesnt recognize it to pc idk man

Are you sure the adapter is not one-way (i.e. each end must be either input or output).

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Does it have displayport or dvi? What monitor is it? Do you still have your asus strix rx580?

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Does it have displayport or dvi? What monitor is it? Do you still have your asus strix rx580?

Yea I have rx580 and the monitor has displayport, and it doesnt have hdmi. Dell p2341h or something like that

Plug your monitor in with displayport then. You have 2 displayport outputs from your card.

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Plug your monitor in with displayport then. You have 2 displayport outputs from your card.

Yea but I dont have any displayport cables.

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Run to the store? Order one online?

Mehh if the issue is something else than cable I just wasted 10€

51 minutes ago, NinJake said:

then return the cable if it doesnt work..

Yea but the guy who sold me the monitor and the adapter just said that it worked for him.

Try Settings-System-Display them where it says Multiple displays chose 'Extend desktop to this display' I once had a similar problem and thought it was the cable but this fixed it.