Jump to content
Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morgan MLGman

New gaming monitor, need advice on what's good in 2019 and the status of FreeSync on Nvidia GPUs

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be buying a new gaming monitor in a week. My quarterly bonus is quite large this time so I want to finally upgrade my old DELL U2711 (2560x1440, 60Hz, IPS, 27") to something newer.
Despite the age of my current monitor, its specs are still quite good and its colour reproduction is amazing (this panel was used in iMacs at the time as well) so the bar is fairly high :P

For gaming I'm looking for a panel with these specs:
- 2560 x 1440
- 144Hz or higher refresh rate
- minimum 27" and maximum of 32"
- G-Sync or FreeSync (as it should be working fine on Nvidia cards as well) - leaning towards G-Sync more but on the other hand FreeSync gives me an option to buy an AMD card in the future too.
- IPS, don't know if VA panels are as good colour-wise and in terms of viewing angles, if they are then they're an option too
- Don't really care about reaction time
- Don't really care if it's curved or not
- I'm not interested in Ultrawide monitors

I've heard some good things about the newly released Gigabyte (Aorus) monitor, however there might be better options for the price.

Now to the budget - well, it's hard to say because I'm in Poland and everything is overpriced here compared to the US. I planned on spending just short of 700USD when converted but that won't get me the same monitor that's just under 700USD in the US so keep that in mind.

My PC specs are in my signature if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: I found this spreadsheet that's a compatibility list of FreeSync monitors with Nvidia cards, maybe that'll be helpful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ej9mOe5NamLldpfyFfXrqvLMZP-aG2Zi1su7QzPRNJY/edit?fbclid=IwAR14CJw4cSoP1oxk9hfxV1qA_g9pbEIyLdEMwpW8vZOnOgVoJDk08ytN2qI#gid=0


CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 TG White PSU: Corsair TX650M (2017)
Displays: AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, ADATA SP550 240GB M.2, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-3820 | Corsair H100i | ASUS P9X79-LE | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 1866MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R5 Windows 10 Pro / Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

 

Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K Touch | Intel Core i5-7300HQ | 12GB Generic (Crucial?) 2133MHz DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1050 | 256GB Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD | Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be buying a new gaming monitor in a week. My quarterly bonus is quite large this time so I want to finally upgrade my old DELL U2711 (2560x1440, 60Hz, IPS, 27") to something newer.
 

well...i would suggest a 144hz or 165hz monitor from the list of supported freesync monitors nvidia approved...or a Gsync monitor with the same specs...

BUT...your current monitor has very nice specs...basicaly all you would gain from the new monitor is high refresh rates and adaptative refresh...which is nice

don't get me wrong but i doubt it's worth that much money...personally i upgraded from a 24'' 1080p 60hz TN monitor to this cadillac of a monitor and it was

night and day...but in your case, unless you play a lot of first person shooters and other games that strongly benefit from silky smooth animations, not sure it's

worth it...maybe you'd be better to just overclock your current monitor and see if you could get it to 70hz or something and then lock it there with vsync or something...

i dunno man, not sure what i would do personally.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Don't really care about reaction time

You mean response time?

 

And you should, because ghosting would ruin any large amount of movement on your screen.


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

 

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You mean response time?

 

And you should, because ghosting would ruin any large amount of movement on your screen.

he's looking at higher end high refresh rate monitors...and none of these suffer from any kind of ghosting or other form of pixel response issues or anything...they are all top notch...i guess that's why he said not to bother with that, and he's right ;)

 


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.8ghz - 1.2v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

well...i would suggest a 144hz or 165hz monitor from the list of supported freesync monitors nvidia approved...or a Gsync monitor with the same specs...

BUT...your current monitor has very nice specs...basicaly all you would gain from the new monitor is high refresh rates and adaptative refresh...which is nice

don't get me wrong but i doubt it's worth that much money...personally i upgraded from a 24'' 1080p 60hz TN monitor to this cadillac of a monitor and it was

night and day...but in your case, unless you play a lot of first person shooters and other games that strongly benefit from silky smooth animations, not sure it's

worth it...maybe you'd be better to just overclock your current monitor and see if you could get it to 70hz or something and then lock it there with vsync or something...

i dunno man, not sure what i would do personally.

Well, the problem here is that this current monitor started to slowly break because of the heat that it generates, it's a very old monitor (although a very high-end one at the time, costed over 1K USD) so I want to replace it or use it as a second one instead of the 24" TN panel that I use for that purpose.

It generates ton of heat and draws around 100W of power constantly because it has an old backlight technology inside. LEDs were a thing already at the time but they didn't offer as good colour accuracy as the tech inside so it was still in DELL's highest-end products. The IPS panel itself starts to show its age on one side of the monitor and I found a dead pixel so it seems to be slowly dying...


CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 TG White PSU: Corsair TX650M (2017)
Displays: AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, ADATA SP550 240GB M.2, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

he's looking at higher end high refresh rate monitors...and none of these suffer from any kind of ghosting or other form of pixel response issues or anything...they are all top notch...i guess that's why he said not to bother with that, and he's right ;)

 

Yeah if you were exclusively looking at the good stuff then I guess it wouldn't matter, kind of like spending a boatload of money on a power supply. You can be fairly certain it doesn't suck.


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

 

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

well...i would suggest a 144hz or 165hz monitor from the list of supported freesync monitors nvidia approved...or a Gsync monitor with the same specs...

BUT...your current monitor has very nice specs...basicaly all you would gain from the new monitor is high refresh rates and adaptative refresh...which is nice

don't get me wrong but i doubt it's worth that much money...personally i upgraded from a 24'' 1080p 60hz TN monitor to this cadillac of a monitor and it was

night and day...but in your case, unless you play a lot of first person shooters and other games that strongly benefit from silky smooth animations, not sure it's

worth it...maybe you'd be better to just overclock your current monitor and see if you could get it to 70hz or something and then lock it there with vsync or something...

i dunno man, not sure what i would do personally.

The difference between 60hz and high refresh rate is massive. I honestly can't play on a 60hz monitor anymore even in slower paced games. Smooth is smooth regardless of the gameplay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You mean response time?

 

And you should, because ghosting would ruin any large amount of movement on your screen.

Agreed. The ghosting on my dell 1905fp is crazy, because it has a 20ms response time. Obviously monitors like mine aren't for sale anymore, but the point still stands.


Please quote or @ me so I can see you responded!

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

 Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

PSU Tier List v3 

 

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-9700k

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

 Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

 

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Agreed. The ghosting on my dell 1905fp is crazy, because it has a 20ms response time. Obviously monitors like mine aren't for sale anymore, but the point still stands.

I don't think that will be a problem on a modern ~600USD monitor ;)


CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 TG White PSU: Corsair TX650M (2017)
Displays: AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, ADATA SP550 240GB M.2, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Still can happen if you get a faulty monitor. 

I'll replace it immediately if I get a faulty one, I wouldn't consider that a problem...


CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 TG White PSU: Corsair TX650M (2017)
Displays: AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, ADATA SP550 240GB M.2, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I'll replace it immediately if I get a faulty one, I wouldn't consider that a problem...

I guess just make sure you don't get beaned by a shitty pixel policy.


Please quote or @ me so I can see you responded!

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

 Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

PSU Tier List v3 

 

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-9700k

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

 Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

 

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I guess just make sure you don't get beaned by a shitty pixel policy.

What do you mean? That the company might not consider that a defect and refuse to RMA?

Also, now that I think of it getting a cheaper FreeSync monitor is a better choice because I might get an AMD GPU in the future and it will also work with it, a G-Sync one wouldn't and would force me to pay premium...


CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 TG White PSU: Corsair TX650M (2017)
Displays: AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, ADATA SP550 240GB M.2, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

What do you mean? That the company might not consider that a defect and refuse to RMA?

Yeah, It's really bad with Newegg and sometimes brands aren't too nice. I don't remember which companies are nice or not, I'm sure you can find some information about all the main display companies.


Please quote or @ me so I can see you responded!

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

 Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

PSU Tier List v3 

 

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-9700k

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

 Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

 

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
25 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Yeah, It's really bad with Newegg and sometimes brands aren't too nice. I don't remember which companies are nice or not, I'm sure you can find some information about all the main display companies.

Thanks for the tip. btw. what do you think about the newly released Gigabyte AD27QD?


CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 TG White PSU: Corsair TX650M (2017)
Displays: AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, ADATA SP550 240GB M.2, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Thanks for the tip. btw. what do you think about the newly released Gigabyte AD27QD?

Honestly, it looks pretty cool. I would have probably picked one up if I had waited to get my monitor so I could have a gigabyte setup. The hardware unboxed people received it pretty well, so it looks good to me. I assume you've watched a lot of reviews on it, but you'd be a guinea pig when buying it because I think it's gigabytes first display. See if you can find a pixel policy on it.


Please quote or @ me so I can see you responded!

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

 Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

PSU Tier List v3 

 

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-9700k

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

 Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

 

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, mxk. said:

Honestly, it looks pretty cool. I would have probably picked one up if I had waited to get my monitor so I could have a gigabyte setup. The hardware unboxed people received it pretty well, so it looks good to me. I assume you've watched a lot of reviews on it, but you'd be a guinea pig when buying it because I think it's gigabytes first display. See if you can find a pixel policy on it.

Yeah, I just watched/read all of the reviews in English that were from trustworthy sites and they all said that the feature-set is quite good for the money and the panel itself is a new one which did great in tests...

I'll check the policy and I'll ask our local retailer when it's going to be available because it's still listed as pre-order here. PL price for it is around $660. This is the top of my budget but I'm willing to spend that much.

EDIT: The alternative for this monitor price-wise would be the ASUS ROG STRIX XG32VQ which looks very cool but it doesn't have HDR and it's a VA panel. It's curved though (not sure if that's good or not, never used a curved monitor) and it's 31,5". There's also the MSI Optix MPG27CQ which is also VA, also curved but 27" and also costs the same.
The Gigabyte one looks the most compelling.

There's also the Samsung C27HG70QQUX but I'm not sure how their QLED technology improves image quality because it's also a VA panel, it's costs the same as well.


CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 TG White PSU: Corsair TX650M (2017)
Displays: AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, ADATA SP550 240GB M.2, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, I just watched/read all of the reviews in English that were from trustworthy sites and they all said that the feature-set is quite good for the money and the panel itself is a new one which did great in tests...

I'll check the policy and I'll ask our local retailer when it's going to be available because it's still listed as pre-order here. PL price for it is around $660. This is the top of my budget but I'm willing to spend that much.

EDIT: The alternative for this monitor price-wise would be the ASUS ROG STRIX XG32VQ which looks very cool but it doesn't have HDR and it's a VA panel. It's curved though (not sure if that's good or not, never used a curved monitor) and it's 31,5". There's also the MSI Optix MPG27CQ which is also VA, also curved but 27" and also costs the same.
The Gigabyte one looks the most compelling.

There's also the Samsung C27HG70QQUX but I'm not sure how their QLED technology improves image quality because it's also a VA panel, it's costs the same as well.

the gigabyte one is probably the best choice


Please quote or @ me so I can see you responded!

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

 Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

PSU Tier List v3 

 

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-9700k

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

 Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

 

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×