Should I reinstall Windows after changing the motherboard??

Hello guys I've changed the motherboard passing from a B350 to a X370, both from Asus, now it is better to make a fresh installation of windows 10 or could I avoid to reinstall it??

I'm a fan of reinstalling windows when changing motherboards since I tend to break some things in my Windows installs, but there is absolutely no necessity behind it. You can run on the same Windows install across however many hardware changes you want now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Try not to. Usually if you have issues it will be the registry, something that you can't do anything about it.

Then format and reinstall.

I would reinstall.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

I would simply "Reset" Windows from the Recovery section if anything. I reinstalled Windows on one of my builds after changing the motherboard and cpu, and the process to have Windows reactivated was ridiculous. On the phone with a couple tech's for two hours before they eventually issued a new Key.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

I would do a fresh install because it is best practice. There are likely drivers that differ between the new motherboards and the easiest way to limit any conflicting drivers is to just do a fresh install. 

In my opinion, yes. It's good practice if you change to a different MOBO. I had this issue on hand and forgot to reinstall and ran into some compatibility issues before fixing it with a clean boi install.

Do not reinstall Windows, it's waste of time. System will work the same good as "new" (because it will be basically the same).

Windows do not use drivers for non-existing hardware. In rare case of any conflict (I never had one, but who knows) - you can use tools like Ghostbuster.

That "good practice" is not so good - people use it "just in case" becasue "SOMETHING wrongt MAY happen" etc. It's like someone ask you to drive faster on fast route and you're answering "no, better not to do that, I always drive 50km/h and it's best practice to drive always the same speed". No, it's not. It's lack of any practice. :)

First of all run your PC with same windows installed if you see some problem with your PC, then don't waste your time in fixing them and install fresh windows

ok for now doesn't look anithing going wrong, so I'll wait and then see if there are some troubleshooting