Game cpu requirement between base frequency and turbo boost

AC1
Go to solution Solved by ZeouLs,
35 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Assuming that there is a cpu-intensive game requiring 2.8ghz to run and my laptop cpu has only a base frequency of 2.2ghz but is able to turbo boost up to 4.1ghz. Will the game run smoothly?

Long Answer: How it works is, your CPU doesnt turbo when it's not doing heavy tasks. If a heavy duty task starts like games or if you do something like cinebench, then the core boosts up into turbo mode. Running it in turbo mode at all times would drain the battery pretty fast.

Short Answer: Yes

Additional info: By you saying 2.2GHz with a 4.1GHz turbo I'm certain you are talking about 8750h. Now if it is in fact the 8750h your turbo on all 6 cores is 3.9 GHz, turbo on 4 cores is 4.0GHz and turbo on 2 cores is 4.1 GHz. I know it's kinda confusing but thats how it is. So if you run turbo on all 6 cores you should keep in mind for future, that your clockspeed only goes up to 3.9GHz on 6 core turbo

Assuming that there is a cpu-intensive game requiring 2.8ghz to run and my laptop cpu has only a base frequency of 2.2ghz but is able to turbo boost up to 4.1ghz. Will the game run smoothly?

should run just fine.

graphical requirements are the actual issues you might run into. 

35 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Long Answer: How it works is, your CPU doesnt turbo when it's not doing heavy tasks. If a heavy duty task starts like games or if you do something like cinebench, then the core boosts up into turbo mode. Running it in turbo mode at all times would drain the battery pretty fast.

Short Answer: Yes

Additional info: By you saying 2.2GHz with a 4.1GHz turbo I'm certain you are talking about 8750h. Now if it is in fact the 8750h your turbo on all 6 cores is 3.9 GHz, turbo on 4 cores is 4.0GHz and turbo on 2 cores is 4.1 GHz. I know it's kinda confusing but thats how it is. So if you run turbo on all 6 cores you should keep in mind for future, that your clockspeed only goes up to 3.9GHz on 6 core turbo