Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

The Fastest Xbox of All Time

Not as fast as my electric toothbrush!

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

18 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

sorry, but you only need 30FPS because the eye cant see faster. The Xbox one clearly has smoother frames. 

/s

Damn, so theres no difference between my 60Hz  and my 144Hz panel??

So I spent 400€ too much on the 144Hz panel??!

I read this as the fastest Sexbox of all time.

I need to go to bed...

the fastest xbox ever...because its not a xbox.

very easy just take all the xbox crap hardware out the xbox and e voila ...

honestly this is a case mod at most. i mean i love case mods. its great but you cant call it a xbox when its just the xbox box with pc inside :D

i was hoping they like watercooled and oc-ed a real xbox or something with that title

"I know its stupidly overdone and unreasonably unneccesary but wouldnt it be awesome if ..."

CPU: Delidded i7 7700k Cooling: Stock cooler (temporary)  MB: ASUS z270i  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB  GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero  DISPLAY: LG 34UC88-B 21:9 1440p SSD(OS): Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD(Games): Samsung 840 EVO 250GB  HDD(Scratch): WD Blue 500GB HDD(Downloads): WD Blue 320GB HDD(Long-term): WD Green 2TB (external)   PSU: Corsair SF600 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Would like to know more about that power supply :)

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = EVGA GTX 1070 FTW = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS with G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

33 minutes ago, Syfes said:

Would like to know more about that power supply :)

same here. the best one i can find online is a 120W 20pin mini DC/DC power supply. would love to remake this. first attempt was powered by an i7 2600K 

EDIT: if you got to the startish of the video, they say its a hdplex power supply. looks like it can go upto 800W

9 minutes ago, crash987 said:

same here. the best one i can find online is a 120W 20pin mini DC/DC power supply. would love to remake this. first attempt was powered by an i7 2600K 

EDIT: if you got to the startish of the video, they say its a hdplex power supply. looks like it can go upto 800W

I think they used this one: https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-400w-hi-fi-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html

Probably in combination with a Dell 330W external power brick.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = EVGA GTX 1070 FTW = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS with G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

Oh, the OG XBOX - good memories.

Apart from looking fancy, is there something special about the riser they're using? Do the sections give it more flex when its run "diagonally"? 

If it doesn't work, you make it work
If you can't make it work, you try harder
If you say that you can't try any harder, you're lying

i feel like desoldering all the unused I/O on both the GPU and MOBO would have been better. And you could route the GPU though the on-board display out, meaning that it wouldn’t need any I/O of its own and give more room for a small form-factor water-cooling solution without needing to modify the exterior.

overall, really cool though.

2070 is definitely unnecessary, but good job :)

Mine has a low profile 1050ti that breathes through one side of the XBox (no riser), a Ryzen 5 2600, and a flex ATX PSU where the original PSU used to be; mine isn't for gaming at 4K.

I also aligned the DVD faceplate better, kept the original front panel LEDs, and the eject button will also start the machine. I haven't installed the original ports yet.

@AlexTheGreatish

Not sure I'm aloud to ping. Did the video show the back when it was finished? Also, was there an internal USB hub used in the build(I was waiting to see what you used)?

5 minutes ago, JTrevail said:

2070 is definitely unnecessary, but good job :)

Mine has a low profile 1050ti that breathes through one side of the XBox (no riser), a Ryzen 5 2600, and a flex ATX PSU where the original PSU used to be; mine isn't for gaming at 4K.

I also aligned the DVD faceplate better, kept the original front panel LEDs, and the eject button will also start the machine. I haven't installed the original ports yet.

@AlexTheGreatish

Not sure I'm aloud to ping. Did the video show the back when it was finished? Also, was there an internal USB hub used in the build(I was waiting to see what you used)?

Hmm it looks like there is no shot of the back, I know there was one in the Floatplane version but something weird had happened to the GPU so I asked for it to be replaced, guess instead it was just removed. For USB it was just some USB 2 cables (USB 3 was too bulky to fit).

6 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Hmm it looks like there is no shot of the back, I know there was one in the Floatplane version but something weird had happened to the GPU so I asked for it to be replaced, guess instead it was just removed. For USB it was just some USB 2 cables (USB 3 was too bulky to fit).

Damn, I only have one header for USB 2.0 on my B450; the search continues.

just wait for tesla to launch an xbox into space. fastest ever

CPU: Intel 6700k 4.6GHz_____Motherboard: Gigabyte z170x gaming 3_____Cooler: Corsair H105_____RAM: Corsair LPX 4X4GB(16)_____GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Aero SC

PSU: EVGA 650w SUPERNOVA_____CASE: NZXT S340 blue_____Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse: Rzer deathadder Chroma_____Headphones: Bose QC25

Microphone: Blue Yeti Black_____Monitor (1) Benq 144hz gsync (2) Dell 60hz.

Razer blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.