Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

The Fastest Xbox of All Time

On 2/28/2019 at 3:15 AM, JustPIE said:

My motherboard kept shutting down as soon as i connected the "- power led" after 5 seconds.

The weird thing was that without the "- power led" the leds would turn on when the buttons made connection.

I ended up de-soldering the leds and wiring them directly to the "+ power led" and "- power led".

Thanks to the holes under the leds they kept there original position (with help of some hot glue 😀).

I have my LEDs going to the same pins, and the switches to the power. I remember there being something funny about the PCB, but it was easy to follow the traces.

Thanks to the video, I'm now spiraling into madness as I plan out how to make my old Xbox 360 into a PC, non-sleeper because there's no way you'd be able to do it without drilling holes in the plastic shell. 🤔

On 3/2/2019 at 11:32 PM, JTrevail said:

I have my LEDs going to the same pins, and the switches to the power. I remember there being something funny about the PCB, but it was easy to follow the traces.

I got it working, led wire going to leds and led neg wire going to ground 3 and power reset and going to ground 1, but when the psu is one and the "pc" turned off the led's still are turned on, any ideas?

Posted (edited)

I decided to ignore the reset button. PC kept crashing when I hook it up.

Almost done with the tedious task of drilling out the holes for the USB.

15520675833754034113318664358634.jpg

15520676923675910286118569340554.jpg

15520677061107211460855947139596.jpg

15520677153732998182343743580050.jpg

Edited by JustPIE
Typo
5 minutes ago, JustPIE said:

snipped

I'm going to do the same with the USB's, use the controller port housing. What do you meant the ignore button is the reset button? whats the ignore button?

53 minutes ago, AYyyKez said:

I'm going to do the same with the USB's, use the controller port housing. What do you meant the ignore button is the reset button? whats the ignore button?

Whoops, i did a derp. I ment "I decided to ignore the reset button."

Advice: first remove the metal pins by melting the solder and wedging it towards the back.

2 minutes ago, JustPIE said:

Whoops, i did a derp. I ment "I decided to ignore the reset button."

Advice: first remove the metal pins by melting the solder and wedging it towards the back.

the ones on the side of the port holding the top metal shell on?

1 minute ago, AYyyKez said:

the ones on the side of the port holding the top metal shell on?

You can just wedge a small screwdriver between it from the back it and it will become lose but yes, also remove that. :)

I mean the contact points.

1 minute ago, JustPIE said:

You can just wedge a small screwdriver between it from the back it and it will become lose but yes, also remove that. :)

I mean the contact points.

oh, yeah, i see what you mean, Thankyou! :)

On 3/5/2019 at 10:21 AM, AYyyKez said:

I got it working, led wire going to leds and led neg wire going to ground 3 and power reset and going to ground 1, but when the psu is one and the "pc" turned off the led's still are turned on, any ideas?

Something is wrong, maybe test the LEDs and the switches to make sure they aren't sharing a ground on the PCB or something. It's weird that the lights are still on though. Does the PC run ok if you start it with a screwdriver without the front panel connected?

5 hours ago, JTrevail said:

Something is wrong, maybe test the LEDs and the switches to make sure they aren't sharing a ground on the PCB or something. It's weird that the lights are still on though. Does the PC run ok if you start it with a screwdriver without the front panel connected?

Im prettty sure its the pcb, i can have the LED's without the neg attached and they still work cos power neg is attached. ill have to try swaping the grounds, i ahve a temp fix. if the pcb LEDs are plugged into HDLED and no PLED they work fine. no idea what difference this makes but itt does something.. :S

On 1/25/2019 at 4:30 AM, JTrevail said:

IMG_20190124_220600.thumb.jpg.3d62c5071a6d92161720c3b13ea1653c.jpg

What video card did you use? Is it connected directly on the motherboard or through a riser?

The video card that I want to use it too width so I have to place it flat. :( (Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 Mini ITX OC 6G)

On 3/10/2019 at 9:51 AM, JustPIE said:

What video card did you use? Is it connected directly on the motherboard or through a riser?

Zotac GTX 1050ti low-profile, but the CPU and the PSU can handle a better low-profile GPU down the line. I'm not using a riser.

Would like to share my experience, this has been working since November. If you really want you can fit a SFX psu, with some obvious modifications to the chassis. 

It's a Ryzen 5 2600 on a fat4l1ty b450 itx, 16gb gskill DDR4 3000, RTX 2080 and enermax 650w psu. A little bit junky but works flawlessly. Everything is under liquid metal thermal interface otherwise temps would be too high. They are 75 CPU, 75 GPU in gaming.

IMG-20181028-WA0012.jpeg

IMG-20181025-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20181028-WA0007.jpeg