The Fastest Xbox of All Time

nicklmg

Not as fast as my electric toothbrush!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

18 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

sorry, but you only need 30FPS because the eye cant see faster. The Xbox one clearly has smoother frames. 

/s

Damn, so theres no difference between my 60Hz  and my 144Hz panel??

So I spent 400€ too much on the 144Hz panel??!

the fastest xbox ever...because its not a xbox.

very easy just take all the xbox crap hardware out the xbox and e voila ...

honestly this is a case mod at most. i mean i love case mods. its great but you cant call it a xbox when its just the xbox box with pc inside :D

i was hoping they like watercooled and oc-ed a real xbox or something with that title

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Would like to know more about that power supply :)

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

33 minutes ago, Syfes said:

Would like to know more about that power supply :)

same here. the best one i can find online is a 120W 20pin mini DC/DC power supply. would love to remake this. first attempt was powered by an i7 2600K 

EDIT: if you got to the startish of the video, they say its a hdplex power supply. looks like it can go upto 800W

9 minutes ago, crash987 said:

same here. the best one i can find online is a 120W 20pin mini DC/DC power supply. would love to remake this. first attempt was powered by an i7 2600K 

EDIT: if you got to the startish of the video, they say its a hdplex power supply. looks like it can go upto 800W

I think they used this one: https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-400w-hi-fi-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html

Probably in combination with a Dell 330W external power brick.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

Oh, the OG XBOX - good memories.

Apart from looking fancy, is there something special about the riser they're using? Do the sections give it more flex when its run "diagonally"? 

If it doesn't work, you make it work
If you can't make it work, you try harder
If you say that you can't try any harder, you're lying

i feel like desoldering all the unused I/O on both the GPU and MOBO would have been better. And you could route the GPU though the on-board display out, meaning that it wouldn’t need any I/O of its own and give more room for a small form-factor water-cooling solution without needing to modify the exterior.

overall, really cool though.

2070 is definitely unnecessary, but good job :)

Mine has a low profile 1050ti that breathes through one side of the XBox (no riser), a Ryzen 5 2600, and a flex ATX PSU where the original PSU used to be; mine isn't for gaming at 4K.

I also aligned the DVD faceplate better, kept the original front panel LEDs, and the eject button will also start the machine. I haven't installed the original ports yet.

@AlexTheGreatish

Not sure I'm aloud to ping. Did the video show the back when it was finished? Also, was there an internal USB hub used in the build(I was waiting to see what you used)?

5 minutes ago, JTrevail said:

2070 is definitely unnecessary, but good job :)

Mine has a low profile 1050ti that breathes through one side of the XBox (no riser), a Ryzen 5 2600, and a flex ATX PSU where the original PSU used to be; mine isn't for gaming at 4K.

I also aligned the DVD faceplate better, kept the original front panel LEDs, and the eject button will also start the machine. I haven't installed the original ports yet.

@AlexTheGreatish

Not sure I'm aloud to ping. Did the video show the back when it was finished? Also, was there an internal USB hub used in the build(I was waiting to see what you used)?

Hmm it looks like there is no shot of the back, I know there was one in the Floatplane version but something weird had happened to the GPU so I asked for it to be replaced, guess instead it was just removed. For USB it was just some USB 2 cables (USB 3 was too bulky to fit).

6 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Hmm it looks like there is no shot of the back, I know there was one in the Floatplane version but something weird had happened to the GPU so I asked for it to be replaced, guess instead it was just removed. For USB it was just some USB 2 cables (USB 3 was too bulky to fit).

Damn, I only have one header for USB 2.0 on my B450; the search continues.

just wait for tesla to launch an xbox into space. fastest ever

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Hopefully this video will start another wave of people making these builds. I always love seeing people making sleepers out of consoles.

Error 404 humor not found.

So what AC Adapter are they using along with the HDPlex PSU? I’m assuming a normal 330W laptop adapter but curious if they had a larger one.

I am actually mid build of a similar project too this.

FULL CUSTOM WATER COOLED = AMD Ryzen 1700X + AsRock B450 itx/ac + 2x8GB ADATA D10 DDR4 + EVGA GTX 1070 FTW  Integra 450W SFX + Intel 660p 1TB SSD + Modded Fractal Design Node 202