Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YourNewPalAlex

Cheaper, but good alternatives for dbrand skins?

Depends on the phone you have and the quality you want from it.

Ebay is as good a place to start at, if you search for something like "*phone model* vinyl", for cheap phone skins, you get what you pay for. Dbrand use actual quality material, the cheap skins you'll find online from China are likely to be super thin, barely sticks, hard to apply and what not. Talking from actual experience with those....

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Etsy, decalgirl, ebay?

Dbrands skins are super nice though. It's not just a shitty sticker, they're fairly thick material and have durability

Hi how are ya

Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Etsy, decalgirl, ebay?

Dbrands skins are super nice though. It's not just a shitty sticker, they're fairly thick material and has durability

Hey man, trust me there is cheaper stuff that has the same thiccc ness, like gadget shielz, also i have to point this out while searching 

IMG_20190123_034232.png

17 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Ebay is as good a place to start at, if you search for something like "*phone model* vinyl", for cheap phone skins, you get what you pay for. Dbrand use actual quality material, the cheap skins you'll find online from China are likely to be super thin, barely sticks, hard to apply and what not. Talking from actual experience with those....

Nah man, i didnt mean THAT cheap, like there are good alternatives for dbrand, i found out about gadget shieldz, guess what they use "premium materials" in there words and they do use 3mm skins too, soo?? Thats what i meant by cheap but good.

18 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Going to be getting a poco f1,  i wouuuld want the dbrand quality but not sure if its possible, again dont know about gadget shieldz since i kinda heard about them like 5min ago.

10 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Hey man, trust me there is cheaper stuff that has the same thiccc ness, like gadget shielz, also i have to point this out while searching 

Then if you've already found better alternatives whats with the questions lol

And yeah, Dbrand is infamous for their violent marketing, its great.

Hi how are ya

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Then if you've already found better alternatives whats with the questions lol

And yeah, Dbrand is infamous for their violent marketing, its great.

Heyyyyy one more question, that dbrand prism really impressed me, any alternative for that since i cant really buy that for the poco, it doesn't exist...

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Heyyyyy one more question, that dbrand prism really impressed me, any alternative for that since i cant really buy that for the poco, it doesn't exist...

Couldnt say specifically.

I've used tempered glass ones on my phones off amazon since like 2012 and have never had a screen crack. Not sure what's available for the pocophone but might as well take a look

Hi how are ya

I just buy a roll of vinyl from amazon and have plenty of extra for the same price as one dbrand skin, so I replace it every few months.

Just cut it yourself, end up being 100x cheaper than dbrand.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

$12 just for skin actually sounds pretty cheap. Considering good leather case is about same price.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/23/2019 at 3:51 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

$12 just for skin actually sounds pretty cheap. Considering good leather case is about same price.

dunno man, thats a case, it protects the phone, this is just for looks.

28 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

dunno man, thats a case, it protects the phone, this is just for looks.

And grip and protection. Plus at that price I'd imagine it being more durable than leather.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I was a skeptic of DBrand myself. But, I can say after buying a Note 8 skin I dont think I'll go back to a case. I'm careful with my phones, but with a screen protector I cant envision myself breaking the device from a drop. It feels like quality, and is easy as hell to put on. Also legit 3M adhesive is just confidence inspiring.

Obviously a case offers more protection, but I digress.

Main PC: i5-8600K (6C/6T), MSI Z370M, T-Force Delta II RGB 16GB, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crutial MX500 1TB, WD 1TB HDD, ROG STRIX RX-580 8GB, Seasonic Evo 620W, Fractal Define Mini C TG

NAS: PowerEdge 2900! Zeon 5050, 2GB RAM, Storage to come, ATI ES1000, Dell 920W psu x 2 (redundancy)

School Laptop: Thinkpad X201T. i7-L620, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, Intel iGPU

Phone: Galaxy Note 8

Random devices in various stages of working: Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G3 Clamshell (for a custom build, just a case), iBook G4 (For Sale.), 2011 Macbook pro 15" (Dead as a doornail. No idea.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.)

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

And grip and protection. Plus at that price I'd imagine it being more durable than leather.

nah man a skin wont protect your phone from falls lets be honest, scrathing sure, but dbrand doesnt have full cover skins, at least for the poco, it only has back skins and it doesnt protecc the sides. A case protects all of the back and the sides, with drop protection.