Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadowpod

HUAWEI copying ideas from a music video and claiming it as their own on their MediaPad M3 Lite Commercial

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

The Original Version: 

HUAWEI's version for their MediaPad M3 Lite

https://imgur.com/gallery/2OKD7de

Engadget Link "Huawei plagiarized a music video and turned it into a tablet ad"

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/23/huawei-plagiarized-music-video/

Do you think Nigel John Stanford, the creator of the original music video can win a copyright lawsuit against HUAWEI?

Edited by Shadowpod

This company is hilarious. Just when you think you've heard it all. They keep on giving. 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Doesn't seem like they're directly ripping off of the video (making clips and posting it in their own). The concept isn't really owned by anyone (or at least, it shouldn't) since it's just playing with sound.

CPU - i5 6600k | RAM - 16 GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - MSI Gaming X RX470 4GB | MOBO -  Asus z170-P

29 minutes ago, Shadowpod said:

Do you think Nigel John Stanford, the creator of the original music video can win a copyright lawsuit against HUAWEI?

To put it simply: lolno. 

Huawei is based in China, a country known for having minimal copyright laws.

If the trial was held in China, the creator probably wouldn't get a fair trial and if the trial was held outside of China then I doubt much action would be taken against Huawei.

I'm not liable for anything that may happen to you and your PC if you decide to follow my advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

Make sure to tag or quote who you are trying to reply to, that way they will see your answer.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List 3.0 | Posting Guidelines | Build recommendations

solution: research what's seditious in china and incorporate that in the work, so copying it would go against their laws and not copying those parts would lose the nuances and be written off as lousy ripoffs

which is why my first novel* will have gay people in it

i'm talking out of my ass here, but feel free to point out the failings in this train of thought because.....

7 hours ago, Shadowpod said:

Not if Huawei licensed the piece.

It's interesting that after 9 replies no one has thought that maybe they did it legit.   You know companies do that all the time.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Is it technically illegal to copy something shot for shot? They use different props, actors, music, cameras, and so on. So it's all their own stuff unless it would be considered stealing an idea? But can you patent a shot list?

PC Specs: i7 6EiGht00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GTX1080 Zotac Amp ExTrEme),64Gb DOminator PlatinUm, EVGA G2 seven5zeroWatt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGTX, Windows 10, K70 RGB, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. SAMSUNG 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 980tiZotacStockBIOS.zip☻♥■∞{╚§XÅD{┘Æ╩mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo

If Huawei took it down, then there's something definitely going on 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

What you see there is a substantial copy of Nigel's original artwork. His copyright was infringed. For a western world, it is serious. For Chima, especially when it comes to foreigners... and taking into account Huawei's power in the area - no chances. It would be even enormously difficult to find a lawyer that has no interest conflict with Huawei. The maximum compensation for copyright infringement in Chana is 7000 dollars if you win the case while it would cost 200 000 - 300 000 dollars to develop a case.. I am in the same position. My copyright was infringed by a JAPANESE company that designed an enormously large ceiling for Huawei's headquarters in Shenzhen.  Theu offered compensation that does not reflect the scale of the project and changed the design. If interested read more in my Blog https://crowndome.com/victoria-balvas-battle-with-huawei-copyright-infringement-dispute