not performing as expected,

Hello, LTT community

Recently i've sttarted to notice my PC isn't performing as it used to do. My specs are i5 6600k with 4.1 overclockked, and 1060 6gb, with 8gb of ram. In CSGO, i have all the lowest settings,but upon benchmarking I only get about 70 fps regularly. Before you say anything, i've turned off the xbox DVR, I've set my game to high priority, closed all unnecessary programs in the background, got fans running up to 70%, tried -high in the launch options, my temps are stable, and i've recently changed the thermal paste. However there is one more thing. I've noticed my HDD is starting  to slow down, may that be an issue?

I've tried posting on steam forums also, got no help from there, genuine "turn off dvr" comments.

Thanks for help in advance.

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

Do you use MSI Afterburner? If yes turn off the RivaTuner overlay stats and see if that helps.

With such specs u should get minimum 200fps even on high w/ MSAA on.

1 minute ago, Exaco said:

Do you use MSI Afterburner? 

I do not.

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

1 minute ago, Yttrizy said:

I do not.

Try checking ur temps while ingame ( keeping HWMonitor in bg and checking max temps after some gameplay is easiest way ).
Also u can try to run userbenchmark and see if ur HW performs as expected.