Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SRRAE

100% CPU - found the cause but cant resolve it

Posted · Original PosterOP

A while ago I posted on here about my CPU always being at 100%.  Its not always the same application causing the issue. When I close the offending task/program causing the 100% CPU usage just jumps to another one.

This happened on my old i5 2500K setup and its doing it on my Ryzen 2600X setup.

I work from home from time to time and I join meetings with either Webex or Skype for business and I've found it's installing the browser plugins which starts of the 100% CPU issue.  I thought it was just the Webex plugin as after a fresh Windows install and having no CPU usage issue, it started straight after installing the plugin and joining my first meeting.
I've just done the same with a Skype for business meeting.  CPU acting normally, has done since my last windows install, and as soon as I install the plugin and join the meeting, 100% CPU.  Even when I reboot, the CPU usage is 100%. 
Uninstalling the plugin doesn't resolve the issue.  In the past I've had to do a system restore to a previous date and then the CPU usage goes back to normal.

Any advice what I can try before I have to do a system restore (which I don't want to do every time I have a work meeting from home)

Thanks

Might be a workaround - install the stuff in a virtual PC and use it that way.

3 minutes ago, 191x7 said:

Might be a workaround - install the stuff in a virtual PC and use it that way.

I was planning on doing that.
I have no idea why it happens to my computer.  Unless it's a comparability issue an old capture card I still use.  Its basically the only bit of hardware consistent with both builds.

I've attached task manager screen shot.  As you can see LED Keeper was taking 100% I've stopped the service restarted my computer and now, its something else that takes up the CPU.

CPU.jpg

I've just rebooted and this is what it's like as soon as its finished booting.

CPU2.jpg