Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skullbunny

Hey - any tips and tricks on how to get my Blue Yeti to pickup less noise from my Speakers?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've got loud speakers, and sadly, its really a hard time adjusting it in such way my microphone picks up my voice - but doesn't trigger by the sound out of my speakers.

The microphone isn't Analog - its digital. Mostly using Discord.

Any cheeky comments such as 'use a headset' or 'use headphones' are...yeah. Thanks.

Windows or your audio drivers might have a noise suppression or echo cancellation option, and I know Discord has both of those built in. If neither of those work your options are basically move your mic farther from your speakers, lower your speaker volume and listen harder, or lower your microphone volume and talk louder.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-3820 | Corsair H100i | ASUS P9X79-LE | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 1866MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R5 Windows 10 Pro / Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K Touch | Intel Core i5-7300HQ | 12GB Generic (Crucial?) 2133MHz DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1050 | 256GB Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD | Windows 10

3 hours ago, Skullbunny said:

I've got loud speakers, and sadly, its really a hard time adjusting it in such way my microphone picks up my voice - but doesn't trigger by the sound out of my speakers.

What mode do you use with Yeti and what is the space setup of the speakers and mic(i.e. are they very close to the mic etc) ? Because if you use cardioid mode with Yeti it will record sounds that are directly in front of the microphone.

You could try placing noise cancelling phone behind the microphone.  I can't recall if the Yeti has an omni-directional mode.  This could also help.