Should I do it?

After returning from a work trip in Pittsburgh my main system was damaged beyond repair, so now I have to build another system. Last night my cousin had come over to visit and nag at me about what had happened and asked what were my plans, I explained and he said my idea was a little stupid and explained why. 

Even if AMD did launch the cpu's at computex it will probably be till july before cpus and motherboards will be purchasable and if I was going to aim for a B550 board it'll probably be launched in August/September and purchasable in November or December. I was planning a 2200G last night and thought of what he had said, should I buy a 2600? or just say with my plans and get 2200G for my work and wait till it launches, I do a lot of digital editing and rendering. 

Please advice thank you. 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

If your just looking to get by i'd go with the 2400g at least. I'm impressed by the 2200g but would think it would be a pain for rendering. Anything at all salvageable from the original system?

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~

7 hours ago, GeoSquigg said:

If your just looking to get by i'd go with the 2400g at least. I'm impressed by the 2200g but would think it would be a pain for rendering. Anything at all salvageable from the original system?

Well the 2.5 ssd works but the nvme died I don't think the cpu may work but afraid to put it in another board, may fry another board. 

Not too sure about the ram but I think it's got lifetime warranty so I'll see if I can RMA it, the psu is definitely fried I had aio liquid drip out of the psu and the board was soaked

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570)