Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tedstonegenious

How to get a drive to appear on the quick files

Right click, 'pin to quick access'

Posted · Original PosterOP

Most of the files I use and manage are on my D drive. But I think after an update, the D drive disappeared from the menu on the left side. I can still access it by clicking on "this pc" and everything else still works. But the extra work it's forcing is annoying. How do I get it back there?

Posted · Best Answer

Right click, 'pin to quick access'

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

wow.. just wow. 

you mark enderman's post as answer but not mine? i posted the exact same answer as him first. 

(i am very competitive lol)

5 hours ago, Tedstonegenious said:

Most of the files I use and manage are on my D drive. But I think after an update, the D drive disappeared from the menu on the left side. I can still access it by clicking on "this pc" and everything else still works. But the extra work it's forcing is annoying. How do I get it back there?

If you're quick typist, use keyboard to access your drives. Just type D:\ in filename field and press enter. Dialog box remain open and you'll see D drive directory listing. You can also type (or copy and paste from explorer address field) full path - it moves you to that path immediately. Or you can even type filename at the end of that path and you'll save your file directly to that path (if path contain spaces, you'll need to type everything in quotes).