Why did you buy an Android phone?

Had a Windows phone when I worked for TMobile, won an iPhone in an online contest, now using an Android phone because it was cheap at $50. I only use it for texts, phone calls and Instagram. I don't use it to catch the Pokemans or keep up with family news on the Facething while Twittering on the toilet.

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

Why?

I didn't buy mine but I probably would have because -

Cheaper

Lots of competition

Hardware of each competitor gets updated even less than every 6 months (also a con)

Easily replaceable

Most still have the 3.5mm Audio Jack

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

because i hated the fact you couldn't share any files with Bluetooth from an apple product, at the time i just didn't want to buy a product i can't share files with friends, everyone in India went to Nokia/Sony Ericsson/Samsung instead, and when android came around those companies adopted those features, and nokia was left to dust as it was an odd man out, now apps that people use like whatsapp got support on android and not Symbian OS of nokia, and everyone in India was a samsung/sony android users. if apple had let users interact with each others in the 2005-8, that would have been a different story. 

now that you use android, and know what disadvantageous and anti consumer apple is, i don't think people of India would ever switch to apple, also there's a perception only rich people buy it here, most of the film directors here use it as a status symbol. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

5 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

you couldn't share any files with Bluetooth from an apple product,

I could do that on my nokia e65 10+years ago~~ even then my friends used iphone 3s regreted getting one seeing a sliding non smart phone

these are "advance features" which apple disabled for everyone, you just arent allowed to use a device that way lol 

so limited functions and resolution, no wonder why the os is smooth

Pretty simple for me...

• iOS just isn't great for me, many things just seem to be in the wrong place, or you can't do things that I might want to do easily or in some cases at all. I dislike the look of it. This is probably more because I don't have to use it often and usually only have to do it when someone has broken something on their phone or iPad at work and can't figure out how to fix a phone on their own, despite them having owned iPhones for god knows how long.
  • I'm generally not a fan of the way the actual phones look.

Customisability and the freedom (mostly) to do what we want with the devices we paid for. 
iOS seemed too, "either it's our way or the highway", to me. Android - I can do what I want. I love iOS, but I would never use it day to day for my main phone.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

#1 Price-
Picked up a Moto G6 this month to switch to Google Fi for $200 and it came with $100 credit toward my plan. (had to stop giving verizon all my $$)
It is a pretty good phone for the $$ and has expandable storage at least.
#2 I hate apple and there are limited choices.

-User interface (ios is disgusting)

-file management

-customization without needing to jailbreak/root

-better app support and easier to sideload apps that arent on the appstore

-i dont need to have it bound to software on my computer to make use of all the features.

-affordability (this used to be a point for me, but i dont think i say it now that i have my Hydrogen..)

-headphone jack (some of us just arent ready to move to bluetooth for everything in our life)

-repairability.

i have tried to give apple a fair shot when looking for new phones in the past, but the only thing theyve ever had over android was battery life and a better camera. neither of which was enough to make me switch when compared to everything i'd be giving up

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

having a phone i can use without problems (which my little brother and mother do have with iphones)

paying the price of a iphone 7 for a phone that graphicly outperforms a iphone x (3dmark)
having a fingerprint sensor

android being soperiour to me

oled over "liquid retina"

USB C

choise

On 10/19/2018 at 3:48 PM, Sauron said:

I don't like wasting money.

There's nothing I need that an expensive phone can offer, and it just so happens all iPhones are expensive.

Aside from that, I don't like being limited in my customization, and Android is better than iOS in this respect.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Way cheaper, i can open downloaded stuff from the internet, way more customization and i like the more friendly eco system

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

I bought the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 to my girlfriend and boy those 300$ cant be beaten by anything, only downside its the plastic chasis but well thats the reason I'm using a huawei p9 , because I droped like 10 times or more and it stands like a champ, I cant complain about people buying a 1k iphone because I have like 1k(maybe 1,5) on peripherials for my pc(headphones , dac,amp, mic, mechkb, mouse with top sensor, 165hz 2k gsync screen....) So like allways its a matter of priorities, people say its wasting money, well some people wants a 1k iphone, others 1k handbag, others maybe shoes, others like a 40-60k car, Me , Im driving a Toyota Yaris that cost me the same as my gaming setup, so just advice people that they dont need to have a 1k phone if they didnt tried 400$-600$ ones, same as telling people to dont buy a 2080ti with a 1080p 60hz monitor, or  to buy a mustang to drive 500km each day.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Because my Lumia 950 is getting the axe for support by December

My faves:

File Management

Cheaper price (Usually buying after the new stuff gets released, the previous product can be had for much lower prices)

I run a OnePlus 6t after my Galacxy S7 died, after that phone I'll stay away from Samsung.

As a sysadmin:

Basic Tools, WiFi analyzer, I can FTP, RDP, etc.

As a student:

Fully customizable interface, I can have my google calendar on my home screen, see my grades and assignments when I swipe to the left.

Cheap, $550 flagship.

Other Pros:

Google integration is convenient.

1080p Screen (something even an iphone 8 doesn't have)

Camera is better than I need it to be, although not stunning.

Cons:

Apple is seemingly much more secure.

Although more apps are "free" you're paying with your personal data and/or advertisements.

Android is more about the ability to choose, The Samsung fanboys are just as bad as the Apple ones. If you picked up a note 9 because it's currently the best phone on the market and has the best camera than awesome. If you picked one up because you wanted to upgrade your note 8 you're abandoning the best part of android.

If I could install IOS on my OnePlus, I would.

Never dismiss a possible solution because of a respected brand.

IT Admin perusing a bachelor's in Computer Engineering.

Because I can side load apps (mainly emulators), have expandable storage and access to the file system.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

I know I’m not the target audience for this forum. I love my iPhone 7. But I don’t believe that my refurb 128gb iPhone 7 was worth the $600 (CAD) at the time (around April 2018). My next phone will definitely be an Android. The idea of buying a $300 phone that does most things really well and using it for 1 maybe 2 years is enticing. I feel like I have to use my iPhone 7 for at least another year to make it worth my $. 

tl,dr Price! 

I find it easier to use? I had to use an iPhone a couple years ago for a few weeks and it felt clumsy and unintuitive to use. Maybe that's just because I used Android phones before though... ? 

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

36 minutes ago, Syfes said:

I find it easier to use? I had to use an iPhone a couple years ago for a few weeks and it felt clumsy and unintuitive to use. Maybe that's just because I used Android phones before though... ? 

iPhones are unintuitive! There’s no back button for one! And the Settings menu is confusing AF. Also, it takes way too many clicks to add someone’s contact from a text. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

iPhones are unintuitive! There’s no back button for one! And the Settings menu is confusing AF. Also, it takes way too many clicks to add someone’s contact from a text. 

-the fact that you have to leave an app to access that apps settings

-the multitude of submenus in settings that make zero sense at times why its located where it is

-lack of back button and the fact that not every app supports swipe-back

-everything is non-intuitive in iOS for Xphones. At least android runs you through a quick tutorial. 

Very flexible. I like to customize layouts for a certain clean look. More options to chose from. More control. Those have been most of my main reasons.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I specifically bought an galaxy S9+ because no iPhone has a finger print scanner, and no iPhone has a headphone jack, and no iPhone has a back button. 

One of those 3 probably could have sold me on an XS

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

my only reason is because most android phones are cheaper, i could customize it the way i want, i can install some random unauthorized app easily and im already used to how the system works. the only complain i have for android are the play store and just how bad the reccomended apps and their payment system.

11 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

iPhone has a finger print scanner, and no iPhone has a headphone jack

6S and SE. Still supported, still very relevant in terms of performance.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.