Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheCynicalCris

Witcher 1 running very poorly

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

I've recently played Witcher 3 on my PC, medium/high details at 50-60fps. Averything okay. No I've purchased Witcher 1 Enchanced Edition from GOG, but on high settings games runs at 15-20 fps. GPU usage stays around 16-30% and CPU at 25-30%. GPU doesn't even kick into higher GPU clock speed, stays at around 700MHz (max is 1189MHz). Newest Nvidia drivers, other games work as usual. What's wrong and what can I do bout that?

Try disabling the environmental sounds in the game settings or setting the affinity of the process to 1 core. This game is known to run like a certain substance.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360 | CPU: i5 7200U | RAM: 8 GB

Witcher 1 is not very well optimized, especially on newer hardware. Try the suggestion above by tikker, but I am not sure what else you could do. There might be a bunch of mods or fixes posted online for performance or something, just search and see what you find.

SKYLAKE (Gaming PC)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon R9 390X GAMING 8G | COOLER: Corsair H110i GTX | MOBO: ASUS Z170-DELUXE | RAM: ADATA XPG Z1 DDR4 16GB (3000MHz) | SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 128GB | HDD: WD BLACK 2TB | CASE: Corsair Graphite 760T V2 (Arctic White) | PSU: Corsair AX860

KABYLAKE (Laptop)

Spoiler

Apple MacBook Pro (2017) 15-inch with Touch Bar | CPU: Intel Core i7 7820HQ | GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 560 4GB | RAM: 2133MHz 16GB LP-DDR3 | SSD: Apple PCIe NVMe 512GB

READ THE COMMUNITY STANDARDS! CLICK HERE

Its a 2007 game, it's not optimized for current GPU. It maybe using just a little of the gpu power and capped the performance so it doesn't go bananas.

If it's not capped you maybe seing 500fps and AI running like they haven't poop in a week.

30 minutes ago, Husky said:

Witcher 1 is not very well optimized, especially on newer hardware. Try the suggestion above by tikker, but I am not sure what else you could do. There might be a bunch of mods or fixes posted online for performance or something, just search and see what you find.

I've seen a bunch of mods, but non of them (as of now) seem to run on Enhanced Edition and it'a common issue in modding community in my research. You know any place I can find some mods to help me and not break the game :).

Seems odd, I played through that after beating TW3 as well and haven't had any issues. Have you looked/asked on GOG? They tend to do pretty good with making sure all their games run on current systems. Could even try their support page.

As to the game itself... I highly suggest you don't play it. It's awful.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:59 PM, JZStudios said:

Seems odd, I played through that after beating TW3 as well and haven't had any issues. Have you looked/asked on GOG? They tend to do pretty good with making sure all their games run on current systems. Could even try their support page.

As to the game itself... I highly suggest you don't play it. It's awful.

Thanks, just reported this issue directly to GOG :).