Youtube trends you hate

poochyena
11 hours ago, Spotty said:

Clickbait titles

Clickbait thumbnails (the particularly egregious ones where it's a picture of a girl grabbing her breasts on a video titled "you won't believe what they got banned from twitch for")

18:9 aspect ratio

i kinda understand the clickbait thing, it's all about getting picked up by algorithm. it's about getting broader audience.

what i can't stand is things not in the benefic of existing audience. example like 18:9 video is one of them, yes you have some expensive equipments and that makes good video so you can have your archive so your future b-roll will be easier to process and saves your money.

what about audience? how many of us have expensive phones as big as a cutting board with noodle aspect ratio? while we are talking about it, why dont you make 21:9 videos instead?

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

12 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Amen. 

How I feel after all this time on the forum you replied to one of my posts

Chosen Toy Story GIF - Chosen ToyStory GIFs

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

12 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Rediculous looking thumbnails, bonus points for a super surprised looking face, pretty much clickbaity images.

This channel always made me chuckle with their thumbnail consistency : https://www.youtube.com/user/Matthiasiam/videos

i used to dislike their content delivery style, because the damn algorithm picked a topic i was interested in for me.

until i heard they turn down the whole youtube rewind thing because they think youtube nowadays is all about advertisement instead of user. and considering how much exposure that thing can bring your channel, that makes me respect them. still not liking their style tho.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

The fact that Youtube censors channels, even ones that arent banned or deleted. Try typing "China Uncensored" and it NEVER recommends it. It has almost 1 million subscribers too. I wonder why that specific channel is censored ?

Youtube's blatant biased and psychotic agenda. 

Elsagate being allowed while anything that Googles insane management disapproves of is sent down the memory hole or demonitized.

Youtube was a good idea but its complete shit now.

1 hour ago, Amazonsucks said:

The fact that Youtube censors channels, even ones that arent banned or deleted. Try typing "China Uncensored" and it NEVER recommends it. It has almost 1 million subscribers too. I wonder why that specific channel is censored ?

Must be a regional thing, because I had no issue with China Uncensored:

Screenshot_20190122-142807.thumb.png.60f14e618e65d9f063b55f0553dec259.png

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

13 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Must be a regional thing, because I had no issue with China Uncensored:

Screenshot_20190122-142807.thumb.png.60f14e618e65d9f063b55f0553dec259.png

No i mean the suggestion. Try typing just about any partial channel name like Linus Tec... or something and youll immediately see Linus Tech Tips as a recommendation. China Uncensored has to be typed and searched for and its never recommended even if you type most of the channel name. Typing China Uncens... doesnt give you the recommendation and their content doesnt show up in recommended no matter how much you watch it.

Long intros, especially with annoying music. If an intro is more than 5-10 seconds, then I click off. 

Obnoxiously lengthy self promotion ("Like and subscribe to my channel") at the very beginning of the video, or as the author is just about to get into the point of the video. A simple and quick like and subscibe request is fine, but when the person goes into length about why or how to subscribe, then it gets old. Better yet save it until the end or at the very least during a period of downtime in the video.

Clickbait.

Lazy reaction channels. I like watching some reaction youtubers, like those for GoT or other interesting videos, but they have to actually show that they care about what they are watching, not just "Uh's" or "Hm's" throughout. 

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

3 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

No i mean the suggestion. Try typing just about any partial channel name like Linus Tec... or something and youll immediately see Linus Tech Tips as a recommendation. China Uncensored has to be typed and searched for and its never recommended even if you type most of the channel name. Typing China Uncens... doesnt give you the recommendation and their content doesnt show up in recommended no matter how much you watch it.

Also not an issue:

Screenshot_20190122-144453.thumb.png.f683b994137da1f538d8ed30bc1419ec.png

Even searching "China u" gives me China Uncensored :

Screenshot_20190122-144559.thumb.png.00a2b4dcee5bf7b3e7e3e1bacb72bf3c.png

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Youtube alining me politicly.

It was recommending me far left videos for awhile and lately far right.

For years I didn't get any political videos at all recommended.

The only thing I can think of is that my hobbies have are now politicised. 

I only know that I have been hitting the "not interested" button a lot lately. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

On 1/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, 1kv said:

I hate vloggers.

Not all vloggers, but just vloggers that overhype every single thing they do and try to stretch out the video as long as possible. I also hate people who flex money.

<snippity snip schnip>

basically this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBeast6000

Current Build:

MoBo:  ASUS Sabretooth TUF Z87   CPU:  Intel Core i7 4770k stock   GPU:  XFX Radeon 7850 HD (old and POS, but works for what I need it for)   Ram:  16GB HyperX DDR3 (1600 MHz) | SSD:  OCZ ARC 100 240GB  |  HDD:  1 TB Seagate Blue 7200rpm  |  PSU:  Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 | Case:  Cooler Master HAF 932   Cooler:   ? Stock Intel Cooler ? 

3 hours ago, CaptainHammer said:

Yeah, it just depends on what type of video he does. At least some of his videos don't make me cringe (unlike other certain youtubers).

It's mostly people like ricegum I hate though, since they go out of their way to show off their wealth as much as humanly possible.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:20 AM, LinusTech said:

Amen. 

*Ahem

(although I can't be all that mad since you addressed thumbnail quality in a vid a while back)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I bugs me that every sponsored vid, they ALWAYS say "this video is actually sponsored by massdr.."

What do you mean ACTUALLY? I get the point XD

fake gleam giveaways

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

2 hours ago, aezakmi said:

fake gleam giveaways

That's a thing?

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

To me, gaming channels have gotten really old and theres only a small collection of youtubers I watch that play video games. Its gotten too formulated and its all the same. I enjoy csgo frag movies with actually good editing, not someone throwing together some trash into a timeline and calling it a good frag movie.

Also, this guy, FranzJ is very entertaining to me. I've never seen csgo content like his and I often see clones of his channel imitating his channel or just full out copying it. 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

11 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Clickbait. Obnoxious fake hype, "This your boy your dog your grandma your uncle your niece omgz so stokedzs yeeeeeeee boi!".  Top tens.  Trendy game streamers like Ninja and Pewdiepie.  Literal fake news bs like TMZ.  Anything trending for kids, hip-hop, pop, RnB, and all that crap.

rap and hip hop isnt crap ;(((((

at least not good rap. Mainstream stuff like drake is trash, if thats what you meant.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

That is what I meant.

whew.

It really annoys me that people like drake and think he's so talented. They really don't know that he has people writing his songs for him.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

*maniacal, alarming grin*

1. Television-like intro sequences.  Please stop.  We know what video we clicked on, we don't need 15 or more seconds of the same irritating music and flashy After Effects garbage every time.  And we definitely don't need a talking head sitting in front of some shelves going "Hey what's up guys, StrawMan6969 here.  Does getting punched in the mouth hurt?  Stick around to find out."  *gorram musical intro* "So today we're talking about getting punched in the mouth..."  That video grammar structure was necessary in television because there often wasn't a structure in place for viewers to know what was coming up next, so they had to have time to get to grips with the upcoming show, and there would often be a commercial break in there because television is the worst.
    I'm okay with brief trademark introductions.  HcBailly is one of my favorites.  For over a decade now he's started every single video with "Hullo, this is HcBailly, and welcome Back to (GAME said like THIS!)"  It immediately identifies his channel and the current video in particular, and then gets to the point.  I just can't stand the wasted time; a single channel that spends 30 seconds on introduction in each video, gets a million views per video and puts out a total of 500 videos over a career will have wasted 475.6 years of human attention on intro alone.
  2. Editing out the pauses between sentencesThe vlogbrothers and anything they're involved with does this a lot, you see it done on SciShow, Animal Wonders Montana, Crash Course, etcI think they do it to keep the energy up, but it can make things a little disorienting expecially when they get it slightly wrong and overlap the same person saying two things for a few millisecondsIt's annoying as hell, and that's why I've been doing it in this paragraph just to point out how stupid it is.  They don't do it with mid-sentence pauses like commas, only sentence endsDoing this makes the end user very aware of the editingPlease stop.
  3. Okay Mr. Youtuber, could you maybe come up with a more original set than "shelves with Nintendo cartridges or PC game boxes in front of a red or blue wall?"
  4. If you enjoyed this, click thumbs up, leave a comment, subscribe and click the bell icon for notifications.  Don't forget to Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Gab, Mastodon, Tumblr, Snapchat, Instagram, Vine and Pinterest.  Check out our MySpace and Friendster and read our LiveJournal.  Send us your resume on LinkedIn, and stalk our staff on OkCupid and Tinder.  Visit our community forum, upvote us on Reddit, shitpost on 4Chan or ask a question about us on Quora.  You can dial into our BBS, join the discussion on UseNet, or subscribe to our RSS feed.  If you want to support our channel, you can become a patron on Patreon for exclusive benefits, buy obligatory logo shirts on our store page, bid on our used office equipment on eBay, or use the Amazon affiliate links in the video description.  You can also back our Kickstarter or our Indiegogo campaigns, or donate to our GoFundMe page.  You can find our app on the iOS app store and Google Play, or download the source code from Github.  Do whatever using Digg and Google Plus was called.  Somebody buy my used exercise bike on Craigslist, like seriously I need to free up room for my drum set.  Check out our podcast on iTunes and Spotify, or join us live on Twitch and Floatplane for more shenanigans.  And as always for more cool stuff, you can check out our website at www.linustechtips.com or AOL keyword "Linus".

*pukes a double rainbow*

definitely those extra loud over enthusiastic electro dance background music for me, very annoying.

Details separate people.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:42 AM, Amazonsucks said:

I have never look at a single video from them but they are always popping up in my suggestions.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I have never look at a single video from them but they are always popping up in my suggestions.

Thats weird. When im on my phone using different country endpoints from my VPN it still never auto completes even if i type "China Uncensor" and typing the full name requires me to search to see the channel.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, Volbet said:

The excitement wars that have been going on for almost a decade now. It seems that most YouTubers are trying to outcompete each other in just how loud, hyper and, yes, excited they are.

Watching any type of vlog these days seems more like an assault on your senses than it does entertainment. Everyone is seemingly afraid of silence and boredom.

Check out Perifractic's Retro Recipes. (Vintage PC Content) His voice will put you to sleep, but his content is A+

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450