Pc won't connect to monitor

I was gaming on rust then my pc randomly shut down when I try to boot it up again it turns on normaly but my monitor had no signal and there is no lights on my keyboard please help

Try the Clear_CMOS Button on your motherboard. Something similar happened to me and that fixed it.

Just now, kraytos187 said:

@BBonless hey I'm new to computer stuff but where is that located on the board

On mine it's a small silver and black button. It's at the very bottom of the Mobo. If you can't find it, look at your motherboard manualcmos.thumb.png.0e7f9fcefb249974d233313c43044a47.png

5 minutes ago, BBonless said:

On mine it's a small silver and black button. It's at the very bottom of the Mobo. If you can't find it, look at your motherboard manualcmos.thumb.png.0e7f9fcefb249974d233313c43044a47.png

a320ma-m.2 is my model number for mobo

3 minutes ago, kraytos187 said:

a320ma-m.2 is my model number for mobo

This is how your motherboard manual suggests you clear the CMOS on your board:

image.png.a45384f79ab7509d6b63b66dbd09d97e.png 

So that would be the pins located in the bottom right, where the number 16 is:

image.png.1c1485fb9df4c8b6f933aac7b052a581.png

Keep in mind this will reset all BIOS settings, including (but not limited to):

- Overclocks (Although I don't think you can do that on A320.. So irrelevant)

- Boot priority (although this is easy to setup in a sec)

- Other motherboard settings you may have done (like RAID..? I doubt you fall in that category).

But what are the other specs of your PC? Does the monitor on its own work fine, like have you set the right input and can you try it with another display?

Do all fans spin in the PC, if you have a dedicated GPU; does its fan(s) spin up?
Clearing the CMOS could fix it, but if any of these others issues are the fault; it won't do anything. I suggest clearing the CMOS after being able to confirm it's none of the above.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Found your motherboard manual. It doesn't seem to be a button but whatever it is, it's where I highlighted. Good luck? lol

cmos2.PNG

Oops, Ii didn't see Minibois replied. Try to use a screwdriver like it says

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

- Other motherboard settings you may have done (like RAID..? I doubt you fall in that category).

But what are the other specs of your PC? Does the monitor on its own work fine, like have you set the right input and can you try it with another display?

Do all fans spin in the PC, if you have a dedicated GPU; does its fan(s) spin up?
Clearing the CMOS could fix it, but if any of these others issues are the fault; it won't do anything. I suggest clearing the CMOS after being able to confirm it's none of the above.

My specs are

Cpu: And a10 9700k 

Gpu: zotac gtx 1070

Ram:16gb

Anyone

17 minutes ago, Minibois said:

All of my fans spin just no display

22 minutes ago, kraytos187 said:

@MiniboisWould a knife work for a metal object Imao

Yes.. but I am sure you have a screwdriver as well :P flatheads work best.

I assume your video cable.is plugged into the GPU?

Anyways, my recommendation would be you try to figure out what is not working.

For example, take out the video card and all memory except one stick. That way you know it might be one of those 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

For example, take out the video card and all memory except one stick. That way you know it might be one of those 

Ok but yes it is plugged in to gpu

9 minutes ago, kraytos187 said:

Ok but yes it is plugged in to gpu

11 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I tried taking video card and my ram and nothing I'm getting really sad because I don't want to spend more money so I hope you or someone can help me with a simple fix

5 minutes ago, kraytos187 said:

I tried taking video card and my ram and nothing I'm getting really sad because I don't want to spend more money so I hope you or someone can help me with a simple fix

You kept in 1 stick of RAM, didn't you?

And just to help with the process of elimination (which is confirming whatever part is broken), have you tried a different monitor already? (A TV also works).

You could also try taking out all that is not necessary for booting.

The bare minimum for it to turn on is:

- Motherboard

- CPU (and its cooler)

- RAM (try with 1 stick and try it in the different slots of the board)

- PSU

Of course you can keep it in the case. So take out the GPU and whatever drive(s) you're using to see if that is not messing with anything. And does monitor say there is no signal or does it only show black..?

Please give a bit more detail in your replies.

31 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You kept in 1 stick of RAM, didn't you?

And just to help with the process of elimination (which is confirming whatever part is broken), have you tried a different monitor already? (A TV also works).

You could also try taking out all that is not necessary for booting.

The bare minimum for it to turn on is:

- Motherboard

- CPU (and its cooler)

- RAM (try with 1 stick and try it in the different slots of the board)

- PSU

Of course you can keep it in the case. So take out the GPU and whatever drive(s) you're using to see if that is not messing with anything. And does monitor say there is no signal or does it only show black..?

Please give a bit more detail in your replies.

The monitor says no signal and I don't use a monitor I use a tv and I took out 1 stick tried booting didn't work then I put it back in then booted the other I just don't understand it looks fine 8m so confused and thanks for your time and sorry for late reply

1548097517612287955169265186090.jpg

13 minutes ago, kraytos187 said:

The monitor says no signal and I don't use a monitor I use a tv and I took out 1 stick tried booting didn't work then I put it back in then booted the other I just don't understand it looks fine 8m so confused and thanks for your time and sorry for late reply

Have you tried the process of elimination already? Checking if the system works, with the least amount of possible things connecting (so including taking out the GPU, all drives and even the things in the back, except the video cable and power cable of course)?

Double check if everything is seated properly too (like all cables that are necessary are plugged in).

It's even possible your PSU is failing and thus can't power the GPU for example. If for example your system works without the GPU in, you have eliminated some things already.

9 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Have you tried the process of elimination already? Checking if the system works, with the least amount of possible things connecting (so including taking out the GPU, all drives and even the things in the back, except the video cable and power cable of course)?

Double check if everything is seated properly too (like all cables that are necessary are plugged in).

It's even possible your PSU is failing and thus can't power the GPU for example. If for example your system works without the GPU in, you have eliminated some things already.

I have taken the gpu out tried running, I have taken 1 ram out tried running both of them one at a time I have tried running without the hdd I have tried it all what could it be I'm so confused

14 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Actually I do think my fans ain't spinning as fast as they usually do does that mean anything

7 minutes ago, kraytos187 said:

I have taken the you out tried running I have taken 1 ram out tried running both of them one at a time I have tried running without the bed I have tried it all what could it be

2 minutes ago, kraytos187 said:

Actually I do think my fans ain't spinning as fast as they usually do does that mean anything

This is sounding mostly like a motherboard or even more likely a PSU issue. Are your fans connected to your motherboard or PSU?

Do you perhaps have a PSU handy you could try out this system with? Even if it's a lower wattage, just take out the GPU and you can run it.

4 minutes ago, Minibois said:

This is sounding mostly like a motherboard or even more likely a PSU issue. Are your fans connected to your motherboard or PSU?

Do you perhaps have a PSU handy you could try out this system with? Even if it's a lower wattage, just take out the GPU and you can run it.

That sucks I only recently chucked out my older pcu but my case fan and my cpu fan are connected to my motherboard

2 minutes ago, kraytos187 said:

That sucks I only recently chucked out my older pcu but my case fan and my cpu fan are connected to my motherboard

In theory it could still be the motherboard, as everything is of course connected to that.. But the PSU supplies power to the system otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

In theory it could still be the motherboard, as everything is of course connected to that.. But the PSU supplies power to the system otherwise.

Hey I was just looking at my psu and it looks like there is some wierd white pastey kind of substance is that supose to be there because it looks like it's exploded

Just now, kraytos187 said:

Hey I was just looking at my psu and it looks like there is some wierd white pastey kind of substance is that supose to be there because it looks like it's exploded

As I am not an electrical guy, I decided to Google around a bit and if the white stuff looks a little something like this:

r8LQG.jpg

It's apparently okay, since that material is a silicon (or other glue) to hold bigger components in place. If it came out of a electrical piece of the board, it's probably not good. Like the image show, if that black cylinder's 'top' flat surface was bulging; it would be bad.

What PSU is it? You might have to RMA it.