PS2 help me

George_Bud

Ok. So i got this ps2 slim for the incredible price of 0$. And it looks good. There is something with the motherboard. I am not sure what. It has power. All the chips got power. But it won't turn on. I changed the power button with a good one. And that is not the problem.  I have never repaired a ps2 before. So.... Can someone help ? Or tell me what to mesure ? I will upload pictures if needed.

15480896770111826736076523519041.jpg

Do you have a spare power supply that you could try? 

also I would go over the board in Louis Rossman  style looking for any sort of corrosion at solder points or swollen caps. 

IFIX it also is a great resource for Tear down/repair guides. 

Just now, jmoles said:

Do you have a spare power supply that you could try? 

also I would go over the board in Louis Rossman  style looking for any sort of corrosion at solder points or swollen caps. 

IFIX it also is a great resource for Tear down/repair guides. 

The power supply works on my other PS2 Slim, So i guess it is good.

The only corrosion I see on it is right on top of the video port.

Just now, jmoles said:

Does the light that is on the power switch light up? 

No. No red light or green light. I replace it with another one, that works, and nothing.

I found a picture on IFixit. That says something about bad fuses. I tested them with continuity. 

34 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Get your self the repair guide or schematic and go through everything. Powerrails are a good starting point.

I'll see that. 

First thing i would check is if you are getting any voltage out of the power supply on the pcb itself. Even though you may have an external brick, the issue could still be in the in the lower voltage supplies. It looks like there are a few different supplies on the board. Id be looking for voltages around 1.8v/1.2, 3.3v, or 5v.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

16 hours ago, bob345 said:

First thing i would check is if you are getting any voltage out of the power supply on the pcb itself. Even though you may have an external brick, the issue could still be in the in the lower voltage supplies. It looks like there are a few different supplies on the board. Id be looking for voltages around 1.8v/1.2, 3.3v, or 5v.

Where should I check first ? I did some measuring with my volt meter and I get on the board around 8-9V. 

I haven't check the usb port.