Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bengali

Post Your Battle Stations and Build Setups!

37 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Since the Turbo is sized more like an ITX card instead of ATX, i was actually thinking about putting an Arctic Accelero Mono on it, maybe a Twin Turbo II, would it be worth it?

This thing is tiny without the blower!

Wow, that is a tiny cooler. I would maybe try just mounting a typical 120 or 92mm fan right on top of that heat sink. I bet you'd see decent temps without the noise of the blower. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // GTX 650Ti Boost + Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Manjaro Linux host OS + Windows 10 KVM w/ GPU passthrough // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Manjaro Gnome

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 hour ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Since the Turbo is sized more like an ITX card instead of ATX, i was actually thinking about putting an Arctic Accelero Mono on it, maybe a Twin Turbo II, would it be worth it?

This thing is tiny without the blower!

Oooh yah, wow, didnt realise its cooler was quite that small. You could try slapping on a bigger fan, like MEC-777 suggested, :) 

I guess that any of the third party coolers would work wonders for you! Although i cant say i have any experiences with them, they can hardy do any worse :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

cool cool , just pm me and il hope it wont cost the world and a half 

Deal! I'm going kept it as a note here on the machine, i'll PM you when i change the cooler.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals: Mice: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Logitech G305 /// Keyboard: Leopold FC900R (Cherry Silent Red), Logitech G613 (Romer G) /// Monitor: AOC Agon AG322FCX 32' (VA, 1080p @144hz) /// AMP: Onkyo Integra A-817XD /// DAC: Loxjie D10 (Red) /// Speakers: Polk Audio TSi100 /// Mike: Superlux E205U /// Headphones: HiFiMan HE-350, Koss Pro4AAA Titanium, Sony MDR-XB920

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Wow, that is a tiny cooler. I would maybe try just mounting a typical 120 or 92mm fan right on top of that heat sink. I bet you'd see decent temps without the noise of the blower. 

13 minutes ago, Nup said:

Oooh yah, wow, didnt realise its cooler was quite that small. You could try slapping on a bigger fan, like MEC-777 suggested, :) 

I guess that any of the third party coolers would work wonders for you! Although i cant say i have any experiences with them, they can hardy do any worse :P 

I guess i could try it out! I have an Arctic F12 coming in the mail as well, for exhaust on the case, i'll hook it up to the card until i update the cooler.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals: Mice: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Logitech G305 /// Keyboard: Leopold FC900R (Cherry Silent Red), Logitech G613 (Romer G) /// Monitor: AOC Agon AG322FCX 32' (VA, 1080p @144hz) /// AMP: Onkyo Integra A-817XD /// DAC: Loxjie D10 (Red) /// Speakers: Polk Audio TSi100 /// Mike: Superlux E205U /// Headphones: HiFiMan HE-350, Koss Pro4AAA Titanium, Sony MDR-XB920

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

On 12/19/2016 at 4:41 AM, Bleedingyamato said:

Could you take a picture of the entire case and maybe one with the side panel off?

What case is it btw?

Fractal Design Define S I believe. Will have pics once I de-dust it again.

20 hours ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

:) Okay, so you have questions. Questions are good. This case has a huge story behind it and a crazy history. It's also very, very hard to find in Canada. Frankly, it's not the best quality case but it's not the worst quality either. Only the front is plastic. It has been modified since I took that picture. The fan on the side panel is huge and provides good, quiet cooling. It is the only true pink, translucent fan I've ever seen. Alas, the leds are red. I actually ordered some true pink leds (yes, that's right, they exist) to replace them but it involves too much butchery and I am an old man with bad eyes. Originally, this case was to go to my wife who challenged me to find a pink PC for her. Then my second eldest daughter took an interest. Then I learned that the proprietary X58 board I wanted to install would not work in this case so it went back from the daughter to the wife who doesn't like Barbie dolls either. Keeping peace in the family was of optimum value. :::grins::: So as it stands, the 9 year old daughter is now about to get the Studio XPS 9000/435T. You can see it here >> http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dell-Studio-XPS-435t-9000-MT-Core-i5-4590-3-2GHz-8GB-1TB-Win-7-Hm-1-Yr-Wty-/191983262866?hash=item2cb3181c92 << Which happens to be my old i7920 Bloomfield rig still running strong and proud but considerably modified. I'm using it even as I type. I did include a picture of the case with the side panel off somewhere in this thread but for your sake I'll include it here. 

I recently installed a NOCTUA NH-D15S to replace the Cooler Master unit seen here it but had to drop the pink side panel fan down in order for the door to fit. The EVGA gold 750 w psu leaves just enough room for the huge pink fan to slide down and remain vertical without attachment. The cooling on this Haswell chip is fantastic now. 

The open slot under the raid cage (running RAID 0 in SSD) now has a little spring-loaded drawer for the wife's knick-kncks, USB sticks, SD cards, dongles etc. She loves it.  

Oh, I forgot you asked what the name of the case was. It's an Apevia X-CRUISER 3. Those analog gauges actually work! :D 

Any idea how big the giant side fan is?  

I'm guessing a 200mm or somewhere close.  

EVGA does seem to make some decent PSUs.  I'm using a 750W B2 currently myself.  I don't need that much wattage but when I got it I think I only paid about $65 USD so it worked out well to get it.  Plus the lower load on the B2 vs it's rated wattage limit means it stays rather quiet even while gaming so far as I can tell.

Is the drawer custom made or did you buy it somewhere?

That's a pretty useful thing to have.  

The analog gauges are an interesting feature.  Even better that they work.

What are the PCIE cards that are plugged into the motherboard?  And what is the tiny fan in the motherboard for?

image.png

36 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

And what is the tiny fan in the motherboard for?

The fan is something they implemented for a lot of their sabor tooth boards. Supposedly cools components. There's a second one that cools the vrms too. The whole thermal armor thing. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What are the PCIE cards that are plugged into the motherboard?  And what is the tiny fan in the motherboard for?

image.png

Thing on top is a PCIe slot blower fan

next one down is a graphics card

then an older sound card

then what appears to be a USB card

then a sata card

and i cant tell what that last one is. 

The tiny fan on the mobo is just to cool off mobo components. You see heatsinks on a lot of other mobos connected by heat pipes, the sabertooths do that sort of thing too but with fans instead. IIRC theres still a little heatsink in there. Plenty of ways to skin a cat. 

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

56 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

then an older sound card

then a sata card

The tiny fan on the mobo is just to cool off mobo components. You see heatsinks on a lot of other mobos connected by heat pipes, the sabertooths do that sort of thing too but with fans instead. IIRC theres still a little heatsink in there. Plenty of ways to skin a cat. 

i think the final one might be a USB 3.0 card? not too sure though.

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - RTX 2080 - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac Woody  60% Keyboard

Hardware currently Folding: RTX 2080Ti - (2X) Xeon E5 2650V2  - RTX 2080 - TR 1950X

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

The fan is something they implemented for a lot of their sabor tooth boards. Supposedly cools components. There's a second one that cools the vrms too. The whole thermal armor thing. 

Ohhhh.  Thank you.

54 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

then an older sound card

then a sata card

Thank you for the info.  

I just have my GTX 1070 and a ASUS wifi card plugged in so I don't have any experience with types of cards.  So when I saw all of these I had no idea what they were.

But why would you want to skin a cat?  ? lol

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

then an older sound card

then a sata card

Very good! And good eyes too!  The last one is for the card reader. It runs directly off PCIe and gives a pseudo USB 3.0 option to the front of the case with the additional standard card slots. There's no shortage of USB options on this build as it has USB top, front and back. The Sata goes to to the RAID 0 in the front "cage" while on board is RAID 1 for storage. I had a real fun time configuring this so please don't ask me how I did it. lol That's one nightmare I don't wish to remember. Last I checked both raids still worked. All's well that ends well. I highly recommend LSI if you want to run different raids off the same board. 

8 minutes ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

Very neat work! 

Thanks. But it's not really that hard with this case, if I'm honest.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

7 hours ago, MkaiL said:

As you probably can see, I used to be a console gamer. From now on though I'm buying all games for pc (unless it's a console exclusive)

There is nothing wrong with being a console gamer, people are just over sensitive over it for reasons unknown. Anyhow, pretty sweet room you got there. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, brokencross said:

Even so it has a good clean look about it. My builds are never that put together lol I just sorta slop it all in and tie it off ;) 

I apologize for quoting the picture. (Although it's probably worth quoting.)

Just now, SCANNERMAN777 said:

Even so it has a good clean look about it. My builds are never that put together lol I just sorta slop it all in and tie it off ;) 

I apologize for quoting the picture. (Although it's probably worth quoting.)

The pcie cables could use some cable combs or even some cable sewing but I can't be bothered to order some combs and I think I'm too retarded to get a grasp on cable sewing. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

5 minutes ago, brokencross said:

Have to agree, the S340 is one of the easiest cases to make a clean looking build in. ;) 

8 minutes ago, Smooth Bunz said:

***PLEASE DON'T QUOTE IMAGES***

How hard is it for you people to listen... 

Quoting 1 picture is ok, if it's relevant to the comment/question. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // GTX 650Ti Boost + Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Manjaro Linux host OS + Windows 10 KVM w/ GPU passthrough // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Manjaro Gnome

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

On 12/18/2016 at 5:45 PM, AMDFerTehWin said:

many a computer of mine died at the hands of water curse you aquafina!!

That's why I'm strictly air cooling. Give them another decade and maybe they'll have it worked out. If you don't use water you don't have to hold your breath ;)

1 minute ago, MEC-777 said:

Quoting 1 picture is ok, if it's relevant to the comment/question. 

*quotes one 4K+ picture every time*

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, brokencross said:

The pcie cables could use some cable combs or even some cable sewing but I can't be bothered to order some combs and I think I'm too retarded to get a grasp on cable sewing. 

Well, you could always start a new trend and start knitting them instead. I'll leave the crocheting to the wife. lol :D

1 minute ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

Well, you could always start a new trend and start knitting them instead. I'll leave the crocheting to the wife. lol :D

That would probably be easier than "sewing" them together. :/

For once I'd like to build a system that looks at least as neat inside as yours but my problem is I will want to install half a billion components (okay, I exaggerate  — a thousand then) and by the time I'm done it's another spaghetti factory busting at the seams. lol :D

10 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

*quotes one 4K+ picture every time*

or that stupidly long picture from that one "experiences w/ non techies" thread 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 1600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 24gb KVR DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 3 2200G | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 12gb DDR4 2993 | Vega 8 | MS-Tech CI-58 | Pico PSU 150

PSU Tier list