Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bengali

Post Your Battle Stations and Build Setups!

Posted (edited)

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD80. (MS-7757)

CPU: Intel core i7-3770k  (OC to 4.1 GHZ.)

GPU: ASUS Rog Strix RTX 2060 6GB OC-edition.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i stock fans.

HDD: 3x 1TB Seagate ST1000DM + 1x 1TB TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 HDD.

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB.

RAM: 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 - 1833. (2x 8GB Corsair LP.)

PSU: Coolermaster 80+ gold V-1000W.

Case: MS-Tech X3 Crow

Case fans Total: 6 x 120mm fans. (Controlled by a x12 control knob fan-controller and software.)

LED / RGB: 2x RGB 120mm Fans + 2 RGB 30 cm Strips.

Keyboard: Ducky one 2 full size / MX-red / RGB.

Mouse: Zowie EC1-A Wired / Logitech G602 Wireless.

Headset: Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset.

Main Monitor (middle) : BenQ XL2420Z   -1x 24"

Left / right Monitor: AOC 24B1W  -2x 24"

Headphone Stand Hanger: Brainwavz Hooka hanging on the left side under my desk / left side panel.

Picture's: 

Forum1.thumb.jpg.d3753744d92e22b51273f83744316644.jpgForum2.thumb.jpg.9f73880829dfaf3c70b4081f8282d61d.jpgForum3.thumb.jpg.a7cd53eeee71f3b53f5c89c6a542da67.jpgForum4.thumb.jpg.dcb1c4aa3ccfc3be412767bdc66b2cea.jpg

Edited by Needbuffs
Updated Info.
Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2013 at 1:06 PM, Bengali said:

***PLEASE DON'T QUOTE IMAGES***

Posts containing only a 'list of specs' without pics may be subject for removal.

how do i get a setup like that

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed Photos... Please pay attention the Big Red Letters
28 minutes ago, Combo Techs IT Up said:

how do i get a setup like that

Two things:

1.  Give more detail on what you mean.  Do you mean the desk, the layout or the actual rig?

2.  You quoted images of a post that starts with "PLEASE DON'T QUOTE IMAGES" XD

19 hours ago, 486DX Win3.1 said:

-snip-

Holy RGB batman!

~Air Cooling Advocate~

Microsoft is ending support for W7 at the end of this year (Jan. 2020). If you're still on W7, consider switching to W10 soon.

3 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

Do you have the link to that wallpaper?

https://i.imgur.com/QGvwKXi.jpg

3840x1080

Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional Vulpix fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Be proud of who you are.

21 minutes ago, Bitter said:

The struggle is real. That was a pain to get in there! I think I hit the graphics card size limit lol.

this is not humanly possible

Amazing! I had no idea you could cram it in there. Is that an eGPU enclosure, or a full case?

The Schnoz

2 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

this is not humanly possible

Amazing! I had no idea you could cram it in there. Is that an eGPU enclosure, or a full case?

ThermalTake Core V1, Graphics card is a RX 580 Red Devil

Board Dimensions 255mm*157mm*46mm

ThermalTake Core V1 Clearances

CPU cooler height limitation: 140mm
VGA length limitation:
255mm (Inner chassis)
285mm (Outer chassis)
PSU length limitation: 200mm

That would explain why it was a difficult installation. I couldn't slide it through the slot in the case cause the cooler is a little wider than 2 slots. I had to angle it in and bend the case a little and wiggle, push, sweat, cry, beg, plead and then it was inside the case and I could snap it into the slot.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Bitter said:

The struggle is real. That was a pain to get in there! I think I hit the graphics card size limit lol.

😱

Edited by MEC-777
Removed quoted images

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Mild OC to 1430 GPU (from 1350) without additional voltage and 2200 VRAM from 2000, doesn't really get any hotter and picked up over 100pts in Heaven 4.0 bench. Runs BattleTech at 1440P high settings and it looks pretty, but it's running pretty hard to do it so I might turn the resolution down, le-sad. I guess I need something more like a 1080 but with the RTX cards kind of flopping the used market for the 1080 is CRAZY bad right now! Hopefully things will calm down and when I do my eventual Ryzen 3000 build I can snag a 1080 reasonably priced or one of the new Navi offerings will be competitive to a 1080 but better because newer and more power efficient. The 580 certainly does warm up the case a bit, I ordered a pair of Noctua NF-8 PWM and a PWM fan hub, and I added a spare Cougar PWM fan to the side panel opposite the GPU as exhaust (with some rubber mounts) to exhaust some hot air from around the CPU cooler. The NF-8's will go in the back as exhausts and help move more air through the case as well, but with the GPU just so close to the side panel it's always pulling fresh air.

Anyone have ideas on how to mod the side panel to reduce the noise from the fan blades churning right next to the hex grill stamped in it? I was thinking of cutting out most of the hex over the fans and replacing with 2 120mm chrome fan grills. The lower surface area and rounded bars would be less turbulent. I want some kind of protection on there from stray fingers, cables, etc. Is there some other high void grill I can get that I could just use on the WHOLE hex area? I'd rather have it be uniform.

Hi

Here are some photos of the workstation and the entire house that I´ve been developing since I was eighteen years old, I´d like to share some of the projects and knowledge about green energy and sustainability.

I tried to capture the house exactly how it looks when you arrive and get into to, is a little dark because is a man cave I took maybe 10 shots to make one photo and was pretty hard to capture the vision that we have when you sit to play something or watch a movie.

I have two setups, the first one is for gaming, movie and work, the second one is for watch movies with friends and family. The entire house is powered by green energy, I have one sun water heater for the hot water, all the house were made using recycle parts from another houses / company's. I will try to list everything that I have here, some people think that the house is not real because looks like one store or playland, the truth is that neverland from MJ was my inspiration and I´m not even close of that...haha The house has automation for everything, I can turn on the lights, music, movie, the kitchen and even control the pressure of the water, the temp and the flow.

The room and the office are jumped together with cables from outside of the house, so If you want to play games in setup 2 you just need to change the monitor and audio setup. If you want to watch some movie in setup 1 from setup 2, you just have to change the entry in Denon receiver, all the house is connected together and working as it should after long years of test and programming. In the setup 1 if you want to play using TV you just need to change to monitor 2, if you want to use the headphones just change the audio output for Razer board, if you want to play using headphone in setup 1 with cockpit you just need to grab the second Razer Tiamat and plug in the Sony receiver. 

I´m so sorry for the bad quality of some photos, I had to use my cellphone because my lens could not take the photo so close. maybe I will do one update when I get one canon 10/22 mm. Me and my friends use to do some lan parties over here, there is one video of us doing one stress test with Asus and the ISP. Since everything in the house has one IP and access to the internet, the 400 / 200 ISP link sometimes is less for what the house want, right now the Asus is showing me 5 / 6 TB of traffic peer month, crazy right?

Some shots:

zb7HbXq.jpg

This is the electric panel of the house, everything were made by hand and with Siemens products for best quality, I use one sand fuse for setup 1 and another one for setup 2, that´s filter the noise from power surge and delivery clean energy for the entire house, also it has DPS for rain lighting protection, two grounds, even for the cable TV and telephone line, all the receptacles are hospital grade, kitchen receptacles are waterproof.

Smappee product

AZHTAUj.jpg

eG7Qwyj.jpg

With the red Acer laptop that I use to work ( I left it plugged in the table because is more fast and easy to get out and get in when I need to do some fast jobs/projects with customers ).

0FlYkYI.jpg

laptop closed.

Panoramic view

CjcxMDy.jpg

This is how I use the system, almost with all the lights off and just some little blue and warm light to keep the climate of men´s cave. 

ejHcww9.jpg

The second monitor for play games or watch movies / Chromecast videos ( smart TV ).

pD923Is.jpg

Couch mode

0EzOl7N.jpg

Cockpit mode

XL22BXr.jpg

The couch get´s out of the room and I install the cockpit for play some games on tv, we can use the 7.1 home theater or the Razer Tiamat 7.1 if there´s someone in the same room using another computer / arcade and we don´t want to disturber or make so much noise.

This is the back view of the couch / cockpit setup with surround speakers

ITM5f9Y.jpg

This is an old project that I´ve made in the past, it uses one computer inside with Hyperspin and almost 500 GB of games and emulators, built in speakers and one original CRT tube from 1990, also one coin selector that works with 25 cents.

ARmKv20.jpg

ECP0sIV.jpg

The entry view of the house with arcade in the background and kitchen / cinema room.

FmolVRV.jpg

This is the setup 2, the photo looks like a little ''dead'' and with no life because of the poor lighting, sometimes is hard to take one shot of some place that is dark almost 90% of the time like one movie theater.

ZSLbD5N.jpg

Close up with all the spikes for and bases for isolation/vibration

BkecGNN.jpg

This is the back view of the room / kitchen, the kitchen were made with old bricks from 1960, it has automation in lights, kitchen appliances and food garbage disposal, also it uses one Nest protect v2 to monitoring all the activity of the place.

12Evtdp.jpg

The gas burner that I did, less space = creativity to solve the problem.

mUKpJqH.jpg

Working

SdHxiJD.jpg

I can take more photos of the green power station and house, but I think this is not the focus of this topic and forum.
I hope you like my hard work, 

Here is the list for setup 1:

Samsung 52' Lcd Series 6 FullHD.
Monitor Benq XL24t 3D Vision2 Nvidia.
Pioneer 212D.
Pioneer BDR-206BK.
Razer BlackWindow Ultimate Keyboard
Razer DeathVadder Mouse.
3d Vision 2 Nvidia Kit.
Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive.
Palm TX for house automation.
ASUS AC68U Plus TPLINK 8 Ports Switch.
Internet Speed  -> ONT Vivo Fibra 400/170 mb
Wirelles Xbox360 Kit.
Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD Webcam
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel / Cockpit
WDTV Live G3.
Chromecast 2
Receptacles Hubbell Hospital Grade / Leviton.
APC Power Surge Filters.
Headphone Razer Tiamat 7.1 x 2 + USB Offboard sound 7.1 Vantec.
Laptop Acer 5100 - Zmodo HD Surveilance System.
Laptop Samsung - Server + 10TB in Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External.
Laptop Acer E5 - I use to work almost everyday and this stay in the table until I have to grab and get out every morning.
Lacrosse Weather Station model 330-2315 Professional Weather Station
The table was made by me, is an old door of one cabinet with acrylic supports, the entire house were made using stainless steel screws.

Computer:

Asus Maximus formula x38
Quad Q6600
8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066Mhz
Gtx770 Zotac
Zalman Fan Controler
OCZ SteathSteam 600watts
Corsair H50 Hydro Series
SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB Solid State Drive
Wester Digital 1TB internal Hard drive
ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim 24-bit Stereo PCI Low Profile

Arcade Machine:

I used one old cabinet from a local store.
There´s a computer inside with 500GB of games.
I use Hyperspin for emulation.
There is light buttons for player 1 and 2 and one coin selector that works with 25cents of dollar  =]
Over here you dont have to buy the coins, I can gave it for free.

Sound and Speakers

Home Theater 7.2 Sony Model DAV-DZ77T.
Speakers Pedestal all made by me with acrylic and old parts from music stores.

Cables and Accessories.

Hdmi Blue Jeans,
Audio - Monster Optic and Coaxial.
Signal Power Cable.
RCA Sthaca ( By Thalles ).
Belden Power Cable.
Sthaca / RCA Din.
Spikes ViaBlue / in speakers.

Here is the setup 2 / Room:

Projector Optoma HD25.
3d Vision 2 Nvidia.
HD 6TB MyBook Essential Western Digital.
Palm TX / Palm T5
Harmony Ultimate HUB.
Router ASUS AC68 ( AP MODE )
WDTV Live G3.
Blu Ray Player BDP-S590.
Receptacles Hubbell 8300.
APC power surge.
DIY Home Made Projector Screen 106''.
Electric Curtains.
Lights Lutron Maestro.
Nest Home Protect V2
Harmony Ultimate Control.

Sound and Speakers

Receiver Denon 3312.

Front Speakers - Klipsch F-2 Synergy.
Center - Klipsch Synergy C-3.
Surrounds - Klipsch B-2 Synergy.
Subwoofer - Sunfire True Signature Series TS-EQ12
ELG Speakers Support.

Cables and Accessories

Hdmi Blue Jeans.
Audio - Blue Jeans Optic and Coaxial.
RCA Sthaca DIY.
Belden Power Cable DIY.
Sthaca / RCA Din DIY.
Spikes DIY / Viablue.

thanks guys
=]
36 minutes ago, hotsauce2007 said:
*nut*

Amazing! I can tell you put a lot of work into everything!

The Schnoz

18 hours ago, technical said:

-snip-

may wanna include your build specs and parts used. jamming just a video is suspicious with no reason why it is here..

in case YT is down and someone wants to ask a build question, at least some of the specs are listed.

Posted (edited)

Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Classified K

CPU: Intel i5 6600k 3.5ghz (OC @ 4ghz)

GPU: EVGA 950

SSD NVME M. 2: (2X) PNY 240GB & Intel 660p series 1TB

HDDs: 4 random hdd totaling in 4tb for backup

RAM: (2x) g.skill ripjaw 4 8GB 3000nfc (OC @ 3200mhz)

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

CASE: Deepcool Gamerstorm Genom w/ custom water cooler. 

I'm looking yo upgrade my gpu next possibly to the Zotac RTX 2080 AMP Extreme as i want to play in 4k and also hardware support raytracing when it starts to really take off. 

20190701_081508.jpg

20190701_091537.jpg

20190701_083039.jpg

Edited by MEC-777
Merged 2 posts
5 hours ago, Fergoni said:

Ma dude, even the electric panel is a dream

thanks man, It's one of my favorite part of the project, I have an UPS for this device and the control panel is amazing, for sure, take a look into it.

Currently dismantled for diagnosing. Note to anyone who decides to get a Threadripper. don't bother. Great pricing-to-performance ratio. Terrible support on motherboards. the X399 platform alone is garbage compared to X299 from Intel. 

DSC_0205.JPG

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

9 minutes ago, branden_lucero said:

Currently dismantled for diagnosing. Note to anyone who decides to get a Threadripper. don't bother. Great pricing-to-performance ratio. Terrible support on motherboards. the X399 platform alone is garbage compared to X299 from Intel. 

I think Threadripper is superior to anything Intel can cough up, imo. There's a lot of stuff on Threadripper mobos that X299 doesn't have (ECC, for example).

The Schnoz

1 hour ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

Intel NUC6CAYH, BenQ GL2450HT, Speedlink Parthica Core & Decus ......

I see you're running Linux. :) What distro?

My Systems:

Gaming:

Spoiler

RUSTIC PC: FX-8350 @4.6GHz // Deepcool Gammaxx 400 // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB DDR3 @1600MHz // Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4G // Samsung 840 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Seagate 7200 HDDs // Cooler Master V650 PSU // Vintage wooden crate enclosure // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter // Build Log

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // Corsair 1x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Posted (edited)

Project Moțatu Rev. 1 Specs:

CPU/APU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G w/Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics

GPU: Geforce GTX 960 4GB WindForce

RAM: HYPERX Predator RGB 16 GB OC 2933 MHz Dual Channel

Primary Storage: Samsung 750 EVO 120 GB SATA-III

Secondary Storage: WD BLUE 1TB HDD 7200 RPM 

MOBO: MSI B450M Mortar Titanium

PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W Full Modular 80+ Gold

Case: Corsair Carbide 88R

Project Moțatu Mk.2 (Work in Progress or early 2020)

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700 

GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 

RAM: 32 GB GSkill Tridend Z RGB Dual Channel

Primary Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB m.2

Secondary Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SATA-III

MOBO: a budget mid-high tier B550 with silver-titanium theme (late 2019/early 2020)

PSU: Corsair RM850x White Edition Full Modular 80+ Gold

Case: not decided yet.

Edited by Motzatu

Project Moțatu REV. 1 Specs:

Procesor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G w/ Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics  (I will upgrade to Ryzen 5 3600)

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 960 4GB "2X WindForce" Edition (really soon Sapphire RX 5700 non-XT)

RAM: 16 GB HYPERX PREDATOR RGB OC 2933MHz (A-XMP Profile 2) CL15 DUAL CHANNEL

SSD x HDD: WD Green 120 GB SATA-III m.2 2280 + WD BLUE 1TB HDD

MOBO: MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM REV 2.1

CPU COOLER: Stock Wraith Stealth (Cooler Master)

CASE: CORSAIR CARBIDE 88R

CASE FANS: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R RGB as exhaust fan and stock Corsair intake fan installed on top panel of the case.

PSU: CORSAIR RM850x 850W Full Modular 80+ GOLD

SISTEM DE OPERARE: WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION (US Version) 1903 Build