Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bengali

Post Your Battle Stations and Build Setups!

i9 9900K

Aorus Z390 Xtreme

32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti

Corsair AX1500i (way overkill but got it as a RMA)

Thermaltake Tower 900

Dual Custom Loop Cooling

5C1CD18B-55AC-4DFF-8BEA-BBB1FD167D20.thumb.jpeg.870cffc6ade9294c36387605864ff8a6.jpeg

BLACK and BLUE Build

i9-9900K - 5.2 Ghz @ 1.305 vCore, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (@ 3200 Mhz), Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Extreme, EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 970 Pro, Samsung 970 EVO, Dual Custom Loop Cooling, Thermaltake Tower 900, AX1500i

VR Build

i7-8700K - 5.1 Ghz @ 1.36 vCore, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB (@ 3200 Mhz), Asus Maximus X Hero (Wi Fi ac), 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition, Toshiba NVME, Custom Loop Cooling, Thermaltake Core P5, HX1000i

FreeNAS Server Build

Pentium G5400, 8 GB Kingston HyperX Fury (@ 2400 MHz), Asrock H370M-ITX/ac, Intel 320 System SSD, 4x Hitachi 7200K 4 TB HDD, Thermaltake TR2 650W, Cooler Master Master Liquid Lite 120, Bit Fenix Prodigy

Daughter's First BuildCore i3-6100, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (@ 2133 MHz), Asrock H270M-ITX/ac, XFX RX-580 GTS, Custom Watercooling (Both CPU and GPU) 2x Corsair Force LS, PowerSpec 550w, NZXT H200i

D8601kLW4AATq_k.jpg.cb4b71ced4ef604bc3fab37af64dab83.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000

Motherboard: AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4)

Graphics: Radeon RX Vega 64

Storage: 2TB HDD

250GB KINGSTON SSD

Monitor: AOC Monitor 24" IPS Panel Full HD 1920x1080

ASUS MX279H 27-Inch, Full HD 1920x1080

Keyboard: CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: CORSAIR Harpoon- RGB Gaming Mouse

Headset: Astro A10

Microphone: Blue Yeti Microphone

CPU: i5 2400

Mobo: Dell Mib75r

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3 1600Mhz

GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix

PSU: EVGA 500W1 

Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 EVO

Boot Drive: Corsair Force LS 60GB

Drives: 1TB Samsung + 2TB Toshiba

Case: NZXT Phantom 240 

B69CBAE2-3682-4250-AE1F-AAE363DA5D70.jpeg

0G1A6336-Edit.thumb.jpg.d9ad74e4f804cb9d12eba90721232e0f.jpg

AMD EPYC 3251 / 64GB (2x32GB) ECC Registered DDR4 2666 / 1TB Samsung Evo Plus

Build Logs: Cotton Candy Threads | ZEN CLARITY + | Just NCASE mITX | Noc Noc | NUC | Storage Log

Cotton Candy Threads - CPU AMD Threadripper 2950X | GPU EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti | MOBO Asus ROG Zenith Extreme | MEMORY 128GB (8x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 | STORAGE 3x Samsung 960 Evo SSD + 4x Crucial P1 1TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 8TB 7.2k HDDs | PSU Corsair HX1200i w/ Cablemod Pro Extensions | COOLING Cooler Master TR4 ML360 | CASE Lian Li O11 Dynamic Black | LIGHTING 2x Corsair HD120 Fans, 4x Corsair Addressable RGB Strips, 2x Corsair Commander Pro | PCPP

ZEN CLARITY + - CPU AMD Ryzen 2700X | GPU Radeon VII | MOBO Crosshair VII Hero | MEMORY 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Pro SSD + 2x SanDisk Ultra II SSDs | PSU Corsair RM1000i | COOLING Corsair H150i Pro | CASE Crystal 570X | LIGHTING 6x Corsair SP120 Fans, Cablemod Addressable RGB Strip, Corsair Commander Pro | PCPP

Just NCASE mITX - CPU Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz | GPU EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | MOBO Asus Z370-I Gaming | MEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Triden-Z RGB 3000 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Evo 500GB SSD + Corsair MX500 1TB M.2 SSD | PSU Corsair SF600 | COOLING Noctua NH-U9S w/ Redux Push/Pull Fans | CASE NCase M1v5 | LIGHTING 2x Cablemod Addressable RGB Strips | PCPP

Noc Noc, Who's There? - CPU AMD Threadripper 1950X | GPU ASUS RTX 2080 Ti OC | MOBO ASRock X399M Taichi | MEMORY 32GB (4x 8GB) GSkill Trident-Z 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 970 Evo SSD | PSU Corsair HX1000i w/ Cablemod Pro B&W Kit | COOLING Noctua U9 TR4 w/ 2x Redux 92mm | CASE Corsair 280X White | FANS 6x Noctua 140mm Redux | PCPP

@PhantomTechTips I’ve noticed that this fan is helping quite lot, I have one in front of the case (before I had two but other one wasn’t doing much) so bottom one is helping push the air up, also exhaust I have one 140mm on top. Temps are really ok with it so can’t complain about it.

time to load the shotgun!

/s

I am a christian I will not apoligize.

official owner of the worlds only box cooled laptop.

Homo-sapien. The smartest creature on earth. seriusly? this is the best we could do with ourselves?

The unanimous Declaration of the penguins independance

when in the Course of technological events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all computers are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are security and customizability . — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Operating System becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Operating System, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their security and customizability. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Operating Systems long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Operating systems, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of control. The history of microsoft windows is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these pc's. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Microsoft has refused there Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Microsoft has forbidden there users to pass patches of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till there Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, they have utterly neglected to attend to them.

Microsoft has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

Microsoft has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with there measures.

Microsoft has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

Microsoft has endeavoured to prevent the compitition to windows; for that purpose obstructing the The furthurment of technology; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of pcs.

Microsoft has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing there Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers..

Microsoft has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Microsoft has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving there Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

Microsoft has abdicated Government Microsoft, by declaring us out of there Protection and waging War against us.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our human brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement Microsoft. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the penguins of linux, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent Operating System, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the Microsoft Emporer, and that all political connection between them and the Operating system windows, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Operating System, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent Operating Systems may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

4 hours ago, Achillias said:

First glance had me thinking that you posted a render. Very nice work keeping it clean.

3 hours ago, RollinLower said:

that's minimalism to a whole new level!

8 hours ago, Achillias said:

Where's the PC?! Wow, that doesn't even look real (I mean that in a really good way)! Amazing!

I can crash a computer in 30 seconds by running a .bat file with the contents %0|%0.

I can crash a computer in 1 second by yeeting it.

I also now have about 7 GB of viruses on an autorun flash drive.

The cheapest most powerful build:(Ive played battlefront 2 and anthem and gta v with max):
EBAY CPU: LGA 1156 3.6Mhz 20$ processor
EBAY GPU: RX 580 4GB 75$ RX580 8GB 109$
EBAY Motherboard: Msi Ms-7586 P55-sd50 Motherboard Socket Lga 1156 Ddr3 Intel P55 55$
EBAY HD: 120GB Kingston 19$ x2 
EBAY Ram: DDR3 Hynix 1333MHz 6$
GD Monitor: Goodwill Pixel monitor(LOL)...I use virtual resolution and vsync. and max ultra on all games i played.
no overheating perfect gameplay.
DDR3 is the same fast as DDR4. DDR4 just has more module density capacity. so 8GB of DDR3 1600MHZ same fast as DDR4 1600MHZ. 

Note for VR Gamers:
the LGA 1156 socket cant handle VR. Even if you have i5-i7. VR requires: i5-4590(intel)-AM1(AMD) 2013+ Tech. Everything else is compatible( assuming you get motherboard with new cpu). 

download (1).jpg

27 minutes ago, aradioactivesquirrel said:

The cheapest most powerful build:(Ive played battlefront 2 and anthem and gta v with max):
EBAY CPU: LGA 1156 3.6Mhz 20$ processor
EBAY GPU: RX 580 4GB 75$ RX580 8GB 109$
EBAY Motherboard: Msi Ms-7586 P55-sd50 Motherboard Socket Lga 1156 Ddr3 Intel P55 55$
EBAY HD: 120GB Kingston 19$ x2 
EBAY Ram: DDR3 Hynix 1333MHz 6$
GD Monitor: Goodwill Pixel monitor(LOL)...I use virtual resolution and vsync. and max ultra on all games i played.
no overheating perfect gameplay.
DDR3 is the same fast as DDR4. DDR4 just has more module density capacity. so 8GB of DDR3 1600MHZ same fast as DDR4 1600MHZ. 

Note for VR Gamers:
the LGA 1156 socket cant handle VR. Even if you have i5-i7. VR requires: i5-4590(intel)-AM1(AMD) 2013+ Tech. Everything else is compatible( assuming you get motherboard with new cpu). 

Okay, nice build, but there are several things you could improve with this:

• I wouldn't say it's the most powerful, but it is pretty fast for the price, so nice job there.
  • You put the CPU frequency as "MHz". A MHz is 1/1000th of a GHz, the speed that modern CPU's are measured in. Also, putting in the exact model number of the CPU ("Core i7 970" or "Core i5 8400" for example)  and the number of cores (processing units) in also determines speed.
  • I assume by "HD" you mean "Hard Drive". If you get a solid-state drive "SSD", you will notice much faster performance in basically everything, from startup times to game load times.
  • With the monitor, it would be nice if you could include the resolution. Also, monitors typically don't overheat. This is why laptop screens stay cold.
  • DDR3 is not as fast as DDR4. DDR4 is a bit faster at the same speeds, but DDR4 can also hit much higher clockspeeds. While most DDR3 is rated at 1333 to 1600 MHz, DDR4 can commonly hit up to 3200 MHz and beyond.
  • For VR, it depends on the resolution of your glasses. A heavily-overclocked i7 on LGA1156 is actually capable enough of handling a lot of VR, and even more if the settings are turned down a bit. Also, AM1 is an ancient socket that can't do VR at all. To this end, AM4 mobos and CPU's are recommended, preferably Ryzen 7 chips or beyond.

Overall, nice setup though. I like the black and red color scheme.

I can crash a computer in 30 seconds by running a .bat file with the contents %0|%0.

1600MHZ is the same fast as 1600MHZ. Higher module density for your obvious 3200 MHz is stated as Higher module density. The context is that if i had 8gb of 1600mhz ddr3 and you had 8gb of 1600mhz ddr4 they are the same exact speed.

Heres whats specific:

120GB SSD King

3.6 Ghz LGA 1156

Monitor is 1280 x 1024 pixels resolution 60hz

it is the most powerful cheap(<--------)

I have a cheap VR Tek 1080p WVR1 and i have tried LGA 1156 overclock and...it just doesent work with the 2009 year.

10 minutes ago, aradioactivesquirrel said:

I have a cheap VR Tek 1080p WVR1 and i have tried LGA 1156 overclock and...it just doesent work with the 2009 year.

Perhaps the overclock is too high? Or is it not supported by the CPU? Google up your CPU model number to make sure, and read an Overclocking guide if you'd like to know more.

10 hours ago, Schnoz said:

Perhaps the overclock is too high? Or is it not supported by the CPU? Google up your CPU model number to make sure, and read an Overclocking guide if you'd like to know more.

Some P55 motherboards straight up didn't have overlocking, and you'd need the unlocked i5 660k (650k? idk) or the i7 875k to overlock, or you'd need to do blk overclocking or whatnot. If I remember I had the i7 870, not the 875k, which had a max boost of 3.6GHz, which is what they might have. No bueno for overclock. Still wasn't a bad CPU for CSGO or Battlefield back in the day (Or rather MW2/3 and Minecraft Beta).

Threadripper 2950x system ordered and paid for. So excited. 

I live in chilliwack BC and I am working in the Yukon at the moment. This build will be completed as I fly home around 27th.

Its AMD all the way. At least I tried to get what research said was best. Couple improvised items.

Did I do ok people?

Screenshot_20190614-203633_Drive.jpg

I simply got a prebuilt computer from Dell, the Dell XPS 8910. Pictures are from Windows Central. It's a nice and clean design, lots of ports.

Monitors are two Dell 27" LED UltraSharp U2715H running at a resolution of 2560 x 1440 at 60 Hz. They have silver fleet and black bezels that really match the case, for the keyboard I went with the Logitech G413 Silver to again, match the case and monitors. Mouse is a Logitech G305 paired with a normal sized cheap blue mousepad I picked up somewhere a long time ago.

Featuring Windows 10 Professional and Microsoft Office with Word, Powerpoint and Excel for a lifetime.

Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz

16 GB RAM from Crucial

500 GB SSD Western Digital Blue

Intergrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz

DELL OEM Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB VRAM

DELL OEM 460 Watt PSU

xps-tower-se-main.jpg?itok=wclxuq3o

xps-tower-se-rear.jpg?itok=e-Qn-pIo

Two builds in one:

Upper part:

MB: Asus ROG Strix-I Z390

CPU: 9700K running stock

Cooling: Corsair H115i AIO

SSD: Samsung 970Pro 512Gb

Mem: Corsair LPX 16Gb 3000Mhz

This is used as a Hackintosh for daily use

Lower Part:

MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme

CPU: 9900K running at 5.0Ghz

Cooling: Corsair H150i AIO

SSD's: Samsung Evo Plus 1Tb and one older Samsung 860 Pro

Mem: G-Skill Trident-Z 16Gb 4000Mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon VII

Sound: Creative ZxR fitted with Burson opamps (V5i)

This one is used for Gaming, Music and video editing

All of this is fitted in a Phanteks Evolve X. Phanteks Revolt X 1000 watt PSU.

Unfortunately both need to be powered on if I want to use the upper build.

y4mxP37eeKqKBQjUb3UEqh2Levzj6tY23z1HyU7c

4 hours ago, SnowWolf370 said:

I simply got a prebuilt computer from Dell, the Dell XPS 8910. Pictures are from Windows Central. It's a nice and clean design, lots of ports.

Monitors are two Dell 27" LED UltraSharp U2715H running at a resolution of 2560 x 1440 at 60 Hz. They have silver fleet and black bezels that really match the case, for the keyboard I went with the Logitech G413 Silver to again, match the case and monitors. Mouse is a Logitech G305 paired with a normal sized cheap blue mousepad I picked up somewhere a long time ago.

Featuring Windows 10 Professional and Microsoft Office with Word, Powerpoint and Excel for a lifetime.

16 GB RAM from Crucial

DELL OEM 460 Watt PSU

The one thing I've never understood with that design is why they couldn't just relocate a few bits and make the PSU go into a less-retarded spot.

Main PC: sleeper OptiPlex 7010 on profile

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, campy said:

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

nothing sexual, she just doesnt want the nerd dust on her clothes 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SnowWolf370 said:

16 GB RAM from Crucial

DELL OEM 460 Watt PSU

Nice, I have a similar model dell prebuilt in the same case, but ith i5-6400 and rx 480. Best part is I got it for $150, just needed replacement motherboard.

Just cleaned up my audio setup and got my vertical linear tracking turntable working:

4bqIRiK.jpg

Edited by MEC-777
Removed quoted images

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."