Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bengali

Post Your Battle Stations and Build Setups!

35 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

isn't that just another pro tho?🤔

Eh. Kinda detracts from the whole sleeper aesthetic IMO since you look at it now and just kinda go "ok now hold the fuckle up cowboy."

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, campy said:

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

nothing sexual, she just doesnt want the nerd dust on her clothes 

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k                                            
M/B: GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K5

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070             

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ White 16GB DDR4 3200     
STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD 
STORAGE: (2x) Seagate 2TB Barracuda 

IMG_1850.thumb.jpg.b7b54ee70d67f3e4f44507b618db41b6.jpg

Slightly better pics of the post-ER 1050Ti. Peep that nice artifacting (or whatever you wanna call it) line on the second pic. Can't wait for a new phone.

IMG_20190402_172948.jpg

IMG_20190402_173042.jpg

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

1 hour ago, flibberdipper said:

Slightly better pics of the post-ER 1050Ti. Peep that nice artifacting (or whatever you wanna call it) line on the second pic. Can't wait for a new phone.

I know you couldn't fit a full-size graphics card in your PC, but as a reminder for anyone out there:

If you have several different models of graphics card to choose from, take the one with larger fans. Small fans tend to be more high-pitched and die more quickly.

I can crash a computer in 30 seconds by running a .bat file with the contents %0|%0.

I can crash a computer in 1 second by yeeting it.

I also now have about 7 GB of viruses on an autorun flash drive.

The dying fan on my MSI 1050Ti LP was the main reason to sell the whole SFF machine with all the non standard thing that I liked in the first place. (Mainly size to show off at LANs) Then went the full opposite direction with a Workstation and full ATX size everything. With the stock rx480 in there I can fit my whole old pc in aswell... The SFF way was hell of a ride, but (maybe) never again. 

Blinbox": e5-1620@3.8GHz, 16GB ECC, 250GB Samsung 850, 4TB, MSI RX580 GX+ - Dell T3600

Stuff: Cherry G80, Logitech Marble FX, LG 27EA83D

Phone: Xiaomi MI Mix Pro 18K Gold Edition

8 hours ago, Kirrr said:

The dying fan on my MSI 1050Ti LP was the main reason to sell the whole SFF machine with all the non standard thing that I liked in the first place. (Mainly size to show off at LANs) Then went the full opposite direction with a Workstation and full ATX size everything. With the stock rx480 in there I can fit my whole old pc in aswell... The SFF way was hell of a ride, but (maybe) never again. 

I'm still pretty committed to the SFF life, but I'm absolutely not committing to half-height again (though I didn't really have much of a choice since this route was by far the cheapest since I would have had to upgrade from the G3258 in my then-daily).

Next step will be a Node 202 balled out with SSDs though. If I ever get money, aka probably never.

1 hour ago, flibberdipper said:

I'm still pretty committed to the SFF life, but I'm absolutely not committing to half-height again (though I didn't really have much of a choice since this route was by far the cheapest since I would have had to upgrade from the G3258 in my then-daily).

Next step will be a Node 202 balled out with SSDs though. If I ever get money, aka probably never.

The thing is, SFF limits you to low-end or low-midrange graphics cards and smaller coolers. I prefer micro-ATX because there aren't too many compromises made and there's room for a lot of stuff.

I can crash a computer in 30 seconds by running a .bat file with the contents %0|%0.

25 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

The thing is, SFF limits you to low-end or low-midrange graphics cards and smaller coolers. I prefer micro-ATX because there aren't too many compromises made and there's room for a lot of stuff.

Yes, because the Node 202 is totally limited to shitty cards. 🤨

On 3/29/2019 at 12:55 AM, Sarevok57 said:

so obviously my monitors are seriously bottle necking this PC, so in the near future im thinking about getting another asus rog strix 2080 ti graphic card for SLI or nvidia link ( whatever is going to be better ) and then get x2 4k monitors that can handle 120+ Hz refresh rates

+1 for all that Burger King.  I hope you get a sponsorship 

"A promise is a promise"

34 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Ikr? People have totally never stuffed insanely good CPUs and 1080 Tis or better in impossibly small cases... 

Like this one where a guy puts a 12c/24t i9 7920X and a 1080 Ti in a case smaller than some dictionaries: 

@Schnoz check out this low/midrange GPU and CPU setup ^^^ 

Also there's definitely not a shit ton of examples of more reasonable CPUs and full size 1080 Tis and such in cases only slightly larger. Or that set of videos from Jayztwocents where he watercools some OP hardware in a teeny tiny case. 

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

X99 rig:

Spoiler

CPU: 5820K at 4.4GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: EVGA Classified X99
Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: 250GB 960 Evo, 500Gb WD Blue M.2 (on a PCIe riser card), 2x 2TB Barracuda HDD, one 2TB Barracuda Compute soon to be added
GPU: Radeon VII
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
PSU: Corsair RM1000i

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

CPU: X5670 at 4.56GHz/1.5v for now, planning to push higher on that voltage

CPU Cooler: Heatkiller IV CPU block and custom loop with 360mm slim rad
Motherboard: EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI X58 motherboard
Memory: 24GB HyperX Savage DDR3 (Red). Running ~1600MHz 10-10-10-28 for now, it'll to 9-9-9-24 but I'm planning to push to 2000MHz, thus the looser timings. 

Storage: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD, HyperX Savage 120GB SSD
GPU: EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra 
Case: Mountain Mods mobo tray, PSU mount off etsy, some rad mounting hardware and a board of plywood and such from Lowes. 
PSU: not running rn

17 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Ikr? People have totally never stuffed insanely good CPUs and 1080 Tis or better in impossibly small cases... 

Like this one where a guy puts a 12c/24t i9 7920X and a 1080 Ti in a case smaller than some dictionaries: 

mmmm qt s4 mini

Oh boy the S4 Mini. If I had a medical condition of money falling out my ass (and didn't hate power bricks) I would absolutely get one of those babes. 😍

43 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

*many sff cases

Still, I prefer ATX towers due to the ability to mount more fans. The S4 mini is great but your components will quickly become clogged with pupper dust if you live in a dusty setting.

1 minute ago, Schnoz said:

*many sff cases

Still, I prefer ATX towers due to the ability to mount more fans. The S4 mini is great but your components will quickly become clogged with pupper dust if you live in a dusty setting.

Oof, I didn't know you weren't allowed to clean your PCs after you built them...

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

X99 rig:

Spoiler

Storage: 250GB 960 Evo, 500Gb WD Blue M.2 (on a PCIe riser card), 2x 2TB Barracuda HDD, one 2TB Barracuda Compute soon to be added

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

Memory: 24GB HyperX Savage DDR3 (Red). Running ~1600MHz 10-10-10-28 for now, it'll to 9-9-9-24 but I'm planning to push to 2000MHz, thus the looser timings. 

Case: Mountain Mods mobo tray, PSU mount off etsy, some rad mounting hardware and a board of plywood and such from Lowes. 

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Oof, I didn't know you weren't allowed to clean your PCs after you built them...

It's entirely possible and it's not hard, but it's just pretty annoying when you have the AP Bio test to study for.

Just now, Schnoz said:

It's entirely possible and it's not hard, but it's just pretty annoying when you have the AP Bio test to study for.

Then don't build the smallest SSF rig possible in one of the most expensive tiny cases on the market. You not being interested in building/maintaining an extreme SFF build does not mean they suck, you can't fit good hardware in them, or only shit coolers fit. 

X99 rig:

Spoiler

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

*many sff cases

Incredible that I live in a dusty environment, have no filters in my case, have a cat, AND it lives on the ground and I only have to clean it once a season. 🤨

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Then don't build the smallest SSF rig possible in one of the most expensive tiny cases on the market. You not being interested in building/maintaining an extreme SFF build does not mean they suck, you can't fit good hardware in them, or only shit coolers fit. 

I'm not saying they s u c c, actually, they're pretty good for people who are tight on space or go to LAN parties. Good hardware and custom cooling is entirely possible for an SFF case, I'm just not ready to invest the time and money for it.

2 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

I'm not saying they s u c c, actually, they're pretty good for people who are tight on space or go to LAN parties. Good hardware and custom cooling is entirely possible for an SFF case, I'm just not ready to invest the time and money for it.

- Good hardware and cooling is possible in SFF

But then:

1 hour ago, Schnoz said:

- SFF can only fit low-midrange GPUs and small coolers

15 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

*many sff cases

- SFF can't fit enough fans and gets too dusty

I mean, does look like you're saying they suck, and then going back on your points after someone googles a thing they saw a year and a half ago in 5 minutes and disproves your point. Maybe actually look into something before saying it's shit? Look at some reviews, browse youtube and PCPartPicker builds, see what all is possible with a form factor before telling people it's not able to perform as well as a larger one? At least say "as far as I've seen" or something, denoting your lack of knowledge, before just saying stuff like it's fact when it's completely and utterly wrong in almost every way? Only two things you've said right is that SFF can only fit smaller coolers (but small =/= bad, also you forgot watercooling can be pretty compact if you've got the skills) and that ATX towers fit more fans (not... really an advantage over an SFF? they normally have more ventilation holes and are designed for good to excellent airflow). 

X99 rig:

Spoiler

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

- Good hardware and cooling is possible in SFF

But then:

- SFF can only fit low-midrange GPUs and small coolers

- SFF can't fit enough fans and gets too dusty

I mean, does look like you're saying they suck, 

Yes, they have improved substantially over the years to the point where they're actually very good design considerations, but I'm just saying that I personally prefer mid- to full-size cases. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Schnoz said:

Yes, they have improved substantially over the years to the point where they're actually very good design considerations, but I'm just saying that I personally prefer mid- to full-size cases. Just my opinion.

I don't have a beef with your opinion, I have a beef with you stating "facts" that are just... erroneous blanket statements. And then instantly contradicting yourself when someone disproves those "facts". 

X99 rig:

Spoiler

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

I don't have a beef with your opinion, I have a beef with you stating "facts" that are just... erroneous blanket statements. And then instantly contradicting yourself when someone disproves those "facts". 

Sorry about that. Let's just end this discussion.

sorry for so so pic. really tainted glass panel.

20190327_214733_HDR.thumb.jpg.59beb9a85dd163c93d19bf3f870fa273.jpgspec

CPU:  threadripper 1950x not oc yet. till aio comes in             
M/B: arock tachi x399

GPU: power color rx580 and a sappfire 460(which will be replace with another 580) it in the mail

RAM: G.SKILL 64gb of ram
STORAGE:  2 Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD ,wd 500gb
STORAGE: (2x) wd 4tb

IMG_1438.jpg

CPU: i9 9900K 5.1MHz 1.3v

COOLER: Corsair H150i PRO

RAM: 32GB EVGA SSC 3200MHz

GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA

MoBo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra

SSD/HDD: Samsung M.2 970 EVO 1TB x3

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

CASE: Fractal Define S w/ Window