Can i use Two pcie 1x slots to connect to a gtx 970?

Go to solution Solved by LuckyAsFox,

Alright, Alright! I'll see if i can bend the pins back and if not I'll invest in a mini itx motherboard and no, my case doesn't support atx. 

I have a motherboard with a 16x slot but its broken and I don't want to spend money on a new motherboard. I do have two pcie1x though. Is there any way to connect my gtx 970 card to both slots and still get the same performance? 

2 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

Is there any way to connect my gtx 970 card to both slots and still get the same performance? 

sadly no. x1 adapters are for mining cards. 

if you have a x8 slot you will still have some competitive performance

Nu. The motherboard is a mini itx and it only has two 1x and 1 broken 16x slot. Isn't there any connector that can combine the two PCIe 1x slots??

You can't combine 1x slots if that's what you want to do. If it lets you, you can try running it from a 1x but I don't know if that will work at all, even if it does, it might impact performance.

As a long shot, does the mobo have a M.2 NVMe slot? I think I've seen people use those as another way to get PCIe lanes.

Actually, what mobo is it anyway? Don't think I've seen ITX boards with 3 PCIe slots before. 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

16 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

Is there any way to connect my gtx 970 card to both slots and still get the same performance? 

No and no. Technically, you can connect your GTX 970 to one of the slots, but not both of them. 
Secondly, it will reduce your gaming performance by a very large margin because you cannot get the same amount of bandwidth through the slot. 

If you are interested, you can look up PCI-E 1x to 16x riser cards. Once again, I highly recommend against using this method, unless your system does not have integrated graphics.

20 minutes ago, porina said:

You can't combine 1x slots if that's what you want to do. If it lets you, you can try running it from a 1x but I don't know if that will work at all, even if it does, it might impact performance.

As a long shot, does the mobo have a M.2 NVMe slot? I think I've seen people use those as another way to get PCIe lanes.

Actually, what mobo is it anyway? Don't think I've seen ITX boards with 3 PCIe slots before. 

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&authuser=1&biw=1858&bih=961&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=DIJFXIiKKZmc9QOQqqi4BQ&q=predator+g6-710+motherboard&oq=predator+g6-710+motherboard&gs_l=img.3..0j0i5i30.665.1784..1889...0.0..0.294.2112.0j5j5......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i30j0i24.yEQ9t1KcGLY#imgrc=X6AyYUGnm3i2HM:

That's my motherboard. It's from a predator g6-710 It does have an m.2 slot. What can I do with it?

If your motherboard's slot is broken, I'm not sure what you really can do to fix it without risking the rest of the mobo. What CPU do you have? If it's a non-K, I would recommend looking for a used, cheaper 100 or 200 series motherboard to replace it. If it's a K series, I would recommend replacing it with a Z170 or Z270 motherboard.

2 minutes ago, LTanner said:

If your motherboard's slot is broken, I'm not sure what you really can do to fix it without risking the rest of the mobo. What CPU do you have? If it's a non-K, I would recommend looking for a used, cheaper 100 or 200 series motherboard to replace it. If it's a K series, I would recommend replacing it with a Z170 or Z270 motherboard.

What do you mean by risking the rest of the mobo? What's the risk?

1 minute ago, LuckyAsFox said:

What do you mean by risking the rest of the mobo? What's the risk?

Depending on how the PCI-E 16x slot is damaged, it could have risks trying to repair it. Most repairs have an associated risk for it. How is it damaged?

4 minutes ago, LTanner said:

Depending on how the PCI-E 16x slot is damaged, it could have risks trying to repair it. Most repairs have an associated risk for it. How is it damaged?

I don't think it can even be repaired, 4 pins are bent inside. I'll just see porina says about the m.2 slot

You might have some luck on the M.2 slot, but I wouldn't count for it, especially if you have a locked down BIOS... and you will still run into performance degradation. After unplugging the computer from the wall and taking a look at the motherboard, is there a chance you can bend back those pins? You could potentially use a 16x to 16x riser card and mount the GPU in a different way, which wouldn't cause any loss of performance and would make it much easier to swap cards as the motherboard's slot wouldn't have to be put under that stress each time you need to unplug/replug a card.

970 is a decent card... maybe just push a bit your expenses and buy a nice mobo?  
Does your case allow for a normal ATX mobo? They are cheaper than Mitx usually . You should be more than fine around 100 dollars. 

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

No. Just no.

[edit]

And frankenstein of a PC that comes from this endeavour will cost more than just replacing the motherboard.

Alright, Alright! I'll see if i can bend the pins back and if not I'll invest in a mini itx motherboard and no, my case doesn't support atx. 

44 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

If you have an Intel Core ix-6xxx or 7xxx series CPU, you'll have to get a 100-series or 200-series motherboard. If it's a K variant, go for the Z170/Z270 if you want to be able to overclock it, otherwise anything should be fine.