$2k gaming set up

hunterbrady

Why only AMD GPU’s?

also what workload do you have on a day to day basis ? Is it for gaming or production or both or something completely else ?

if you can answer some of these questions we can give you some better advice.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

I would probably try to fit a 2080 in that kind of budget. Should be possible even with monitors and peripherals. And maybe a 1440p monitor instead but I have to play with the budget first. I will try. 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Why only AMD GPU’s?

also what workload do you have on a day to day basis ? Is it for gaming or production or both or something completely else ?

if you can answer some of these questions we can give you some better advice.

Ill be gaming a lot, maybe some streaming but not a lot, and everything I've seen just has me liking AMD. 

On the second one you have a better motherboard, better monitor and a somewhat better gpu. It has more performance, but is louder, due to being a blower design.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

On the second one you have a better motherboard, better monitor and a somewhat better gpu. It has more performance, but is louder, due to being a blower design.

Will the blower design cause it to be too heated? 

4 hours ago, ChewToy! said:

-snip-

Trying to get other responses then yours? I do my research lots of people say the Vega 64 is over priced for it's performance and the Vega 56 nearly meets it's performance. I'm also only trying to run max settings on 1080p 144hz using Freesync. 

11 minutes ago, Manderis said:

I would probably try to fit a 2080 in that kind of budget. Should be possible even with monitors and peripherals. And maybe a 1440p monitor instead but I have to play with the budget first. I will try. 

Not sure where you live but if you were to fit a 2080 in that you’d be skimping on a hell lot

@hunterbrady

if it is just mainly for gaming - intel performs better (so I’ve been told) - but at sometimes double the price.

i personally have no experience with AMD GPU’s - but I would get a Nvidia RTX 2070 instead. Similar price bracket, better performance and, yes I will use this word, more futureproof, then the AMD cards.

also for MoBo - unless you’re planning on getting really into OC’ing etc you could go with a high end B450’instead. Not sure about pricing but I’d assume it be a bit cheaper then the X470

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Not sure where you live but if you were to fit a 2080 in that you’d be skimping on a hell lot

@hunterbrady

if it is just mainly for gaming - intel performs better (so I’ve been told) - but at sometimes double the price.

i personally have no experience with AMD GPU’s - but I would get a Nvidia RTX 2070 instead. Similar price bracket, better performance and, yes I will use this word, more futureproof, then the AMD cards.

also for MoBo - unless you’re planning on getting really into OC’ing etc you could go with a high end B450’instead. Not sure about pricing but I’d assume it be a bit cheaper then the X470

I was looking at B450 Motherboards instead, but I was thinking x470 would be more future proof and better if I ever did plan on OC? Let me know if I'm wrong!

8 minutes ago, hunterbrady said:

Will the blower design cause it to be too heated? 

It will be hotter, but still in the limits, so it shouldn't have any longevity impact.

If you can get this, it is a really good price right now, vega 64 liquid cooled edition:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3dKhP6/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-liquid-video-card-axrx-vega-64-8gbhbm2-3dhw

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 hours ago, hunterbrady said:

Trying to get other responses then yours? I do my research lots of people say the Vega 64 is over priced for it's performance and the Vega 56 nearly meets it's performance. I'm also only trying to run max settings on 1080p 144hz using Freesync. 

Uhm, the Vega 64 is cheaper than any Vega 56 at $399. And with updated drivers, I beg to differ. The cores in the Vegas are starting to matter more and more and not just the speeds you gain from overclocking.

You're reading threads from 2017, when yes, a Vega 56 could almost match a 64. At the given prices, it is just plain stupid to buy a Vega 56.

I just had a STRIX VEGA 64. And no it doesn't perform the same! That was like 1070 TI level, I'm over GTX 1080 level with my Liquid Vega 64, and it beats the average RTX 2070 scores on userbenchmark. The only viable upgrade from here is an RTX 2080.

I get OVER 60fps in 4K on Hitman 2, Call of Duty WWII, GTA V, to name a few. This is a 4K gaming card and will shit all over any resolution smaller than 4K.

20181227_204303.thumb.jpg.f184eb02414077a93065594847d52c77.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.f57b1e4cae0bedadf71765c48bab62ad.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.06fdcdfc9d21da7ca7558c03d450f2ae.jpg

4 hours ago, hunterbrady said:

Ill be gaming a lot, maybe some streaming but not a lot, and everything I've seen just has me liking AMD. 

Stick with AMD. They need the business. I wouldn't buy an RTX over a Vega unless I could get a 2080 or 2080 TI. I see nothing but problems with the RTX cards all over the internet and the Liquid Vega 64 competes with the 2070.

I literally went back and forth on the Liquid 64 and RTX 2070 (and used 1080 ti), and finally just went with the 64 (mostly because at the time, Nvidia had yet to mention support for Freesync). And I'm glad I did.

I'm telling you, honestly, as someone who literally just sold their Strix Vega 56 (to someone on this very forum) to buy a Liquid Vega 64, it cannot overclock and match the LC 64s performance. Period.

Don't buy the Strix Vega 56 when you can get the Liquid Vega 64 for literally $10 more, and it runs cooler and quieter (since those seem to be of a concern to you).

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

21 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Yeah well, I failed. But at least I tried (I guess :D). 

12 minutes ago, Manderis said:

Yeah well, I failed. But at least I tried (I guess :D). 

I personally would take (and have) a RTX 2070. Still reasonable priced and for 2k gsming it works a dream.