Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dark051128

Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - Slow Read Speed?

Recommended Posts

Does the Samsung Magician show it running PCIE 3.0 x4?


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dark051128 said:

Yes it does

What motherboard do you have and what slot do you have it connected to? Some NVME slots are wired into the chipset instead of direct to the CPU so this could affect your speeds as well 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

What motherboard do you have and what slot do you have it connected to? Some NVME slots are wired into the chipset instead of direct to the CPU so this could affect your speeds as well 

I have a Asus z390 prime-p, the slot is M2_1 (Socket3)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dark051128 said:

I have a Asus z390 prime-p, the slot is M2_1 (Socket3)

from what I can tell, that socket is wired direct to the CPU, so shouldnt be using the chipset lanes. Go download Crystaldiskmark and run that. I have a 970 Evo 1tb as well so the speed should be close. Right now from what you have linked, you're about 1200 behind mine, but I used Crystaldiskmark to run mine. So need an apples to apples comparison. 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

how much did you fill it up? The more the files it's holding the slower it gets, that's just how SSDs work.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

how much did you fill it up? The more the files it's holding the slower it gets, that's just how SSDs work.

Windows says 406GB free of 465GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

from what I can tell, that socket is wired direct to the CPU, so shouldnt be using the chipset lanes. Go download Crystaldiskmark and run that. I have a 970 Evo 1tb as well so the speed should be close. Right now from what you have linked, you're about 1200 behind mine, but I used Crystaldiskmark to run mine. So need an apples to apples comparison. 

It shows differently than AS bench 🤔 https://imgur.com/a/TFI5Gij

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dark051128 said:

It shows differently than AS bench 🤔 https://imgur.com/a/TFI5Gij

Thats on par with my 1tb 970 evo. Looks like its just the benchmark run.

 

image.png.364815c2a876dd68b3fd654819a785ff.png


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Thats on par with my 1tb 970 evo. Looks like its just the benchmark run.

 

image.png.364815c2a876dd68b3fd654819a785ff.png

So that's correct speed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dark051128 said:

So that's correct speed?

Yep. They are inline with benchmark data out there for Crystaldiskmark for the 970 evo. Also one word of caution, I found the 970 to be EXTREMELY HOT.. like the memory controller reaching 105c while I was transferring files onto it.. I would get yourself a heatsink on that things ASAP. With my heatsink my temps dropped from 105c to 74c max while performing the same actions. Here is the heatsink im using personally: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RHHYCM/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/21/2019 at 3:25 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

Yep. They are inline with benchmark data out there for Crystaldiskmark for the 970 evo. Also one word of caution, I found the 970 to be EXTREMELY HOT.. like the memory controller reaching 105c while I was transferring files onto it.. I would get yourself a heatsink on that things ASAP. With my heatsink my temps dropped from 105c to 74c max while performing the same actions. Here is the heatsink im using personally: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RHHYCM/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Update, why is my 970 evo dropping to 1/4 of its speed?? https://imgur.com/a/zBOVR5D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×