Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

21 minutes ago, Arika S said:

just buy a CD key off Kingquin for like $20.

these things rarely work

That is literally worse than piracy. I dont know why its against the rules to tell someone how to pirate things on this forum, but apparently its permissible to recommendliteral money laundering fronts like G2A and Kinguin, which do millions in damage to developers and assist criminal carders.

Ive seen plenty of people recommend such things as G2A or Kinguin on here, not just like this one post.

15 hours ago, Velocity_Canada said:

<snip>

This is neither legal or smart to use. 

14 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

That is literally worse than piracy. I dont know why its against the rules to tell someone how to pirate things on this forum, but apparently its permissible to recommendliteral money laundering fronts like G2A and Kinguin, which do millions in damage to developers and assist criminal carders.

Ive seen plenty of people recommend such things as G2A or Kinguin on here, not just like this one post.

Unfortunately these fall under the "grey market" and are not banned from being mentioned in forum ... much to my personal dismay, but until Microsoft comes out and directly says theses sites are doing them harm they are allowed.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.

~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

This is neither legal or smart to use. 

Unfortunately these fall under the "grey market" and are not banned from being mentioned in forum ... much to my personal dismay, but until Microsoft comes out and directly says theses sites are doing them harm they are allowed.

Plenty of devs have come out and discussed how G2A or kinguin is worse than piracy. Here are a couple of the many examples of articles on the subject. This is a topic i have extensively commented on before so i can get more links.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/action-henk/action-henk-g2a-piracy

https://techraptor.net/content/what-g2a-is-and-why-you-should-care

https://kotaku.com/notorious-game-key-reseller-g2a-gets-torn-to-shreds-in-1791943348

Microsoft actually helps G2A, despite the company destroying game devs. Why? G2A pays for M$ services and M$ cares about money, not where it comes from or if its stolen. M$ is a pretty unethical company too.

https://news.microsoft.com/europe/2018/02/21/g2a-marketplace-uses-the-power-of-artificial-intelligence-to-predict-what-games-youll-want-to-play-next/

On 1/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, Amazonsucks said:

Microsoft actually helps G2A, despite the company destroying game devs. Why? G2A pays for M$ services and M$ cares about money, not where it comes from or if its stolen. M$ is a pretty unethical company too.

https://news.microsoft.com/europe/2018/02/21/g2a-marketplace-uses-the-power-of-artificial-intelligence-to-predict-what-games-youll-want-to-play-next/

And in return, G2A have added rule to their ToS which effectively has removed grey MS keys from their site.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

27 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

And in return, G2A have added rule to their ToS which effectively has removed grey MS keys from their site.

Evil shitty companies look out for each other i guess.

I still don't understand why anyone would grey-market their operating system.

Like sure, it's expensive, but if it stops working you can't use the fucking computer anymore*.

(*unless you're willing to deal with Linux + Wine/Proton and all the stuff that goes with that, that is. Even with that, there is some software that will only run 100% properly on Windows)

6 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

I still don't understand why anyone would grey-market their operating system.

Like sure, it's expensive, but if it stops working you can't use the fucking computer anymore*.

That really isn't how grey market keys work. There are multiple threads on forums discussion about this, if you are interested of correcting your view.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That really isn't how grey market keys work. There are multiple threads on forums discussion about this, if you are interested of correcting your view.

Sure, I exaggerated a bit. It's still stupid to grey market the OS. Cut costs on the fancy RGB everything instead of the relatively low cost of the operating system.

It's like buying a $3500 tempur-pedic mattress, but then not buying any sheets for it because the sheets are $130 for that particular bed (with Professional sheets for $200) You already spent $3500 on the bed. It's silly. If you couldn't afford the nice sheets then why did you buy a $3500 bed. You could have bought the $2500 edition that would work just as well but maybe be slightly less flashy and then have been able to afford the nice sheets.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:57 AM, Amazonsucks said:

Microsoft actually helps G2A, despite the company destroying game devs.

G2A destroying game devs?  XDD Dude like saying 10 years ago that internet is destroying local market, first of all, those keys are been bought, second not only us (consumers) are taking advantage of any grey market, see loot boxes  thats gambling on a greeeey market, gated content, preorder , open beta... and so on..., Third: game is made sold and money taken months before release, you only are hurting investors, not so long time ago people started to have 1 game each person to share 1 game for 2 (ps4 xbox one) or even 3 people per cdkey (xbox one + play anywhere) , that was a grey area that favored us at last, you see companies argue about that?, thats almost 50% of the console market.

Those webs first where "grey" but nowadays I think that they are pushing the bonds of our rights as consumers. Those companies are making market on a grey zone, yes but they have its risks and we are all benefiting from that, buyers or critics, just making grey are more white.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.