How many raditors would it take to get high end components to within 1 degree or less of ambient

Just now, emosun said:

also linus did a video where the computer was able to stay at ambient temp from a ,massive amount of air passing through the machine. what lacked for in temp it made up in volume

It was close to ambient, it was not at ambient.

I already told you 20 times that it is not possible to cool an object to the same temperature as the cooling medium.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

also linus did a video where the computer was able to stay at ambient temp from a ,massive amount of air passing through the machine.

yea but you said this

26 minutes ago, emosun said:

force the cpu to be the temperature of the water.

the computer was like 1/100 of a degree off of being the exact same temperture I made the same mistake, but I didn't continue with it.

2 minutes ago, A Lini said:

the computer was like 1/100 of a degree off of being the exact same temperture I made the same mistake, but I didn't continue with it.

i still think a cold lake could probably do it

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

at 8:23

Did you even watch the video?

Look at the first graph.

The CPU and GPU temps are at 50-60C, that is FAR above the 21C ambient.

The temperatures linus said are at ambient are the CASE TEMPERATURES. Aka the air at the back fan, air near PCIe, etc. shown in the second graph.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, emosun said:

yes it could but that is differnt 

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

It is literally impossible.

Please take a course in heat transfer and thermodynamics.

The only way to get a CPU the same temperature as the air or water cooling it is for the CPU to be off and outputting 0W of heat.

Anything above 0W will cause a temperature gradient.

Spoiler

but i'd be cool tho no radiators lol

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It is literally impossible.

but LN2 gets below ambeint

when I say ambeint I mean the tempereture of the room not of the liquid

but LN2 gets below ambeint

when I say ambeint I mean the tempereture of the room not of the liquid

Yes, but the guy is talking about cooling an object to the same temperature as the water or air touching it, which is not possible.

Just like it is not possible to cool a CPU to the same temperature as the LN2.

Honestly even highschool chem or physics should have taught him why it is impossible, they usually cover entropy in one of those courses.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yes, but the guy is talking about cooling an object to the same temperature as the water or air cooling it, which is not possible.

Just like it is not possible to cool a CPU to the same temperature as the LN2.

oh I was putting what he said into my orginal situation of getting it to the temperature of the room, not the siuation he used of cooling or the CPU to the temperature of the lquid

1 minute ago, A Lini said:

oh I was putting what he said into my orginal situation of getting it to the temperature of the room, not the siuation he used of cooling or the CPU to the temperature of the lquid

she

1 minute ago, A Lini said:

"i still think a cold lake could probably do it"

They were still talking about cooling the CPU to the same temperature of the water.

Hence the 'still' part.

If you meant that cooling to 1/100th of a degree above the water temperature then sure, that's possible.

Spoiler

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

can you give some context I don't want to have to watch a whole video to maybe get the point you were going for

Just now, A Lini said:

can you give some context I don't want to have to watch a whole video to maybe get the point you were going for

from what I remembered, it was 4x480 cooled with a box fan.and achieved at ambient temp.

imo this is worth watching lol

6 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

achieved at ambient temp.

almost ambient it maybe less than a degree, but it is still a differnce, but I does semi answer the question as it is using effernt hardware thank you

7 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

from what I remembered, it was 4x480 cooled with a box fan.and achieved at ambient temp.

imo this is worth watching lol

It was 26C for the GPU and 22.6 for the CPU, his ambient was 21.something.

He also said that when nothing was running the FLUID temperature was at ambient (technically it was not, but it was less than a fraction of a degree which his thermometers could not pick up).

Again, it is not possible to reach ambient this way.

Only close.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

achieved at ambient temp

not quite and the liquid was what was at the temperture that was indercernable from ambient to his thermometers  

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

"i still think a cold lake could probably do it"

They were still talking about cooling the CPU to the same temperature of the water.

Hence the 'still' part.

If you meant that cooling to 1/100th of a degree above the water temperature then sure, that's possible.

did you quote the wrong thing because I agree it is impossible to cool a CPU to the exact same temperature as the liquid being used to cool it, I said I agreed a cold lake could do it because I thought she was talking about using a cold lake to cool a CPU to the same temerature as the room you were in. 

3 minutes ago, A Lini said:

not quite and the liquid was what was at the temperture that was indercernable from ambient to his thermometers  

anyway it was just an idea of that video,

also increasing volume of fluid could slow down rate of temp increase. say 20L

3 minutes ago, A Lini said:

did you quote the wrong thing because I agree it is impossible to cool a CPU to the exact same temperature as the liquid being used to cool it, I said I agreed a cold lake could do it because I thought she was talking about using a cold lake to cool a CPU to the same temerature as the room you were in. 

No.

Maybe english isn't your first language, but this reply refers to the previous statement.

1446301247_img0277.png.85a7bd481d115962295ba24d9a360f28.png

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Maybe english isn't your first language, but this reply refers to the previous statement.

No I'm just really tired and lost track sorry

Just now, A Lini said:

No I'm just really tired and lost track sorry

No worries man :)

Hopefully that graph I posted on the first page helps you calculate how many radiators you need to get to 1 degree above ambient.

Spoiler