Question about DLSS on rtx cards

dgsddfgdfhgs
Go to solution Solved by dwang040,

https://www.howtogeek.com/401624/what-is-nvidia-dlss-and-how-will-it-make-ray-tracing-faster/

This article should give you some more info regarding DLSS. 

DLSS is essentially a form of "efficient" super sampling, allowing the gpu to render games at a higher resolution so that when downscaled to native resolution, the images look good and sharp. Any game that currently supports rtx will also support DLSS (Battlefield 5, Atomic Heart <- not out yet, etc). But yeah, the whole point of the AI learning is that it figures out the most efficient way to render an image vs the traditional way where everything upscaled is rendered the same way, regardless of how efficient it is or isn't per scene.  

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

How long should we expect to see any performance gain? every driver update?

Regarding performance gains, yes, I would assume every driver update would help improve this. I mean, how fast can this ai learn? I can't answer that. Just keep in mind that there have been nvidia techs out there (ex: phyx) that are couple years old but still kill fps like no other. 

Will there be a server from nvidia running a bunch of rtx cards to deal with dlss?

Do we have to connect to internet / server 24/7 when we game? How will deep leaning stored on rtx cards?

Nvidia will have their "server" and RTX cards that will be running different games none stop and have the ai learn about efficient ways. According the article I posted earlier, local files will be created that contains information regarding the games you play that support DLSS, so I would assume with every driver update, updates to the file (like more efficient methods for upscale rendering) would be applied and used. 

can pirate game use DLSS or is this a anti -pirate measure?

It probably could. Again, my understanding is that DLSS is essentially just another form of rendering images. So yeah, it's just another graphic setting. 

I understand at this point no games support this function, but when it does how will it actually practically work?

Imagine a case a new game just release and supports DLSS.

Will there be a server from nvidia running a bunch of rtx cards to deal with dlss?

Do we have to connect to internet / server 24/7 when we game? How will deep leaning stored on rtx cards?

https://www.howtogeek.com/401624/what-is-nvidia-dlss-and-how-will-it-make-ray-tracing-faster/

This article should give you some more info regarding DLSS. 

DLSS is essentially a form of "efficient" super sampling, allowing the gpu to render games at a higher resolution so that when downscaled to native resolution, the images look good and sharp. Any game that currently supports rtx will also support DLSS (Battlefield 5, Atomic Heart <- not out yet, etc). But yeah, the whole point of the AI learning is that it figures out the most efficient way to render an image vs the traditional way where everything upscaled is rendered the same way, regardless of how efficient it is or isn't per scene.  

Regarding performance gains, yes, I would assume every driver update would help improve this. I mean, how fast can this ai learn? I can't answer that. Just keep in mind that there have been nvidia techs out there (ex: phyx) that are couple years old but still kill fps like no other. 

Nvidia will have their "server" and RTX cards that will be running different games none stop and have the ai learn about efficient ways. According the article I posted earlier, local files will be created that contains information regarding the games you play that support DLSS, so I would assume with every driver update, updates to the file (like more efficient methods for upscale rendering) would be applied and used. 

It probably could. Again, my understanding is that DLSS is essentially just another form of rendering images. So yeah, it's just another graphic setting.