Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tusanta4

Adding SSD Storage by Merging

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey,

My 250GB 860 EVO is very close to running out of space. I was thinking of buying another 250GB 860 EVO and have it to merge with my old one. Is this officially possible? If so, is it a good idea? What will I lose and what will I gain? If it’s not a good idea or it’s impossible then what can I do?

Thank you 

To merge the volumes is to use raid, which is volatile. Anything wrong with having 2 volumes?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, fasauceome said:

To merge the volumes is to use raid, which is volatile. Anything wrong with having 2 volumes?

What?

5 hours ago, Tusanta4 said:

What?

Raid is the method by which you combine drives into one volume. It's a bad idea. 

Any specific reason you need them combined or would you be able to live with 2 volumes?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.