Molex Powered Fans to 4 Pin PWM?

PatchyThePirate

Is it Possible to adapt Molex powered Fans to 4 Pin PWM?

i have these fans: https://goo.gl/q7kLhk | but as you can see the Hub where the Fans are connected to is connected via Molex and the Fans itself have there own 6pin to the hub.

But i use 6 of these in my Case + 2 of these 6 are on my CPU but i cant control the speed and overall the pc is so loud and i cant change the speed of the fans.

so is there any way to solve this problem?

No, with those you can not control the speed.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

11 minutes ago, Constantin said:

No, with those you can not control the speed.

theres no way to do it?

not only with an adapter to 4pin?

With an adapter, i think yes.

Corsair have a good one from what i saw in the past.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

I'd be quite reluctant of using any adapters, since the molex connection is used to power the hub and not the fans directly, depending on how the hub is designed internally you might end up with issues with the RGB functionality.

1 hour ago, Arttu89 said:

I'd be quite reluctant of using any adapters, since the molex connection is used to power the hub and not the fans directly, depending on how the hub is designed internally you might end up with issues with the RGB functionality.

hmm :/

Yer your pretty much stuck with what you have there.

Cheap proprietary systems are always a jerk off.  The 6 pin con prolly supplies 12v direct to the fans via 2 of the pins  (hence running full blast all the time)

The other 4 pins would be 5v etc for the rgb.

Im surprised they did not add at least a 2 speed variable from the remote...

If you were so minded you could workout the power wire off the ribbon and run that to a cheapo fan hub then control the lot from one header off the mb.

Molex fans don't have rpm sensor nor PWM connected. Lucky situation would be if there were PCBs with at least rpm contact. Then you could solder connection there. You can get 4pin molex to 3pin adapters, but controlling them will be iffy still. No rpm means that you can't relate speed percentage to power given. Which is the way most software controls for DC work. You would still end up using knob controls or resistors.

Also, if the fans are LED or anything like that, lowering voltage will mean that lights dim.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv