EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM no power

RooR

Guys I replaced my old pump with this xres 140 revo d5. For some reason I cannot get this pump to fire up no matter what. I’ve tried both the sysfan pinout and the cpu one. I’ve tried a direct link into the thermaltake fan hub. And ive tried all the molex adapters that I have lying around. What would be a common cause of this not working? I know most RMAs are user error so I’m really trying to trouble shoot this as much as possible but for now I am really at a loss on what to do.

8 minutes ago, RooR said:

-

Can you take a picture of your molex connection, if it is a sleeved pump, peel a bit of it so that we can see the color of the cables.

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Can you take a picture of your molex connection, if it is a sleeved pump, peel a bit of it so that we can see the color of the cables.

Let me know if you need a different angle, I still for the life of me don’t know why we still use moleX in 2019

Just now, RooR said:

Let me know if you need a different angle, I still for the life of me don’t know why we still use moleX in 2019

can you also post a picture of your system, overview of the loop, and the pump region if it is obscured.

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

can you also post a picture of your system, overview of the loop, and the pump region if it is obscured.

3784D065-CCB7-4EA9-9942-10C3E1EA1B18.jpeg

3C3483F6-895C-4DDE-89B7-07E09957BA3F.jpeg

Keep in mind while filling the pump is right side up, standing vertical 

So when filling, the pwn cable isn't plugged in right?

Or are you running the system and have the signal set to 100%?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

13 minutes ago, RooR said:

Am I just being bamboozled that your loop looks like its going Pump --> radiator --> pump? 

As a secondary point, how bad is the tubing kinked on the rear port of the radiator. Looks pretty pinched to me.

Looks like it, just the cpu and gpu parallel with themselves. Unless some hose is going behind the system.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Yes, that’s how it is setup at the moment. I’ve been going through hell to get this pump to power on, it was easiest for me to leave in the system and work with how it currently is. My methods aren’t always the most conventional 

19 minutes ago, RooR said:

Yes, that’s how it is setup at the moment. I’ve been going through hell to get this pump to power on, it was easiest for me to leave in the system and work with how it currently is. My methods aren’t always the most conventional 

okay...so pinched cable in the rear? also please describe how you are powering the pump (pin jumping, etc)

25 minutes ago, For Science! said:

okay...so pinched cable in the rear? also please describe how you are powering the pump (pin jumping, etc)

The tubing in the rear is a tad pinched when pulled down, st this point it’s not a final location, everything will be moved. At this point I am solely confused by the lack of pump operation :/

As far as how it is currently powered, pin connector plugged into the sysfan header, moleX is plugged into moleX cable running directly to power supply. 

Thank you for you current attention to my problem by the way ❤️

14 minutes ago, RooR said:

The tubing in the rear is a tad pinched when pulled down, st this point it’s not a final location, everything will be moved. At this point I am solely confused by the lack of pump operation :/

As far as how it is currently powered, pin connector plugged into the sysfan header, moleX is plugged into moleX cable running directly to power supply. 

Thank you for you current attention to my problem by the way ❤️

How are you turning your power supply on?

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

How are you turning your power supply on?

As you normally would starting a functioning pc. I lost my connector from ek so I’m fully hooked up

So are you manually turning up the header in which the pump is hooked up? Are you doing it in the bios or in windows?

Have you tried just leaving the pump header wire disconnected?

3 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

So are you manually turning up the header in which the pump is hooked up? Are you doing it in the bios or in windows?

Have you tried just leaving the pump header wire disconnected?

Manually adjusting in bios, all other fans hooked up respond to it. I’ve tries both with just the pump header attached and just the moleX attached and both. I get nothing 

Well assuming the model is actually fully seated to the psu and works and the pins for the psu are backing out of the plug when they are pushed into the molex I would assume the pump is dead or stuck.