recommend me software for web development

I'm a student and i have a project to develop a website that is responsive, dynamic and should fulfill the following

include web mashup /rest api

payment gateway 

backend database connectivity

host it locally on my pc

admin page separate from user where you can make changes

I know the basics of html,js,css.

I can only use free software

I have used visual studio before, however, I want to know what's currently used that I can study. the only restriction is that the solution should not cost me and should be completed relatively quickly.

i keep hearing about stuff like ruby,angular and other softwares/python.

can anyone guide me to a solution or an overall idea on how to develop,the languages that can be used,softwares and the deployment process

any help is highly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Notepad ++

Wamp
Google Chrome

Edit
PHP might be helpful when dealing with the database.

I used:

- XAMPP (apache, php, mysql stack)

- Atom for coding

- Photoshop for graphics.

For php framework i used Laravel, it should be easy to learn, many tutorials.

Javascript framework Vue.js / Jquery.

For responsive website, go check Bootstrap CSS framework.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

17 hours ago, parthm said:

I'm a student and i have a project to develop a website that is responsive, dynamic and should fulfill the following

include web mashup /rest api

payment gateway 

backend database connectivity

host it locally on my pc

admin page separate from user where you can make changes

I know the basics of html,js,css.

I can only use free software

I have used visual studio before, however, I want to know what's currently used that I can study. the only restriction is that the solution should not cost me and should be completed relatively quickly.

i keep hearing about stuff like ruby,angular and other softwares/python.

can anyone guide me to a solution or an overall idea on how to develop,the languages that can be used,softwares and the deployment process

any help is highly appreciated and thanks in advance.

I use NGINX/apache with mysql and php as server side. Full SHH into linux VM. And VSCode (Visual Studio Code) it's all free.

Bare minimum nothing complicated to install (next next next yes yes yes type)

Server hosting WAMP - Apache (web host) + PHP + MySQL (database)

Coding : Notepad++ (supports HTML, Javascript and PHP from the start and has clean interface)

Extra :

- MySql Workbench : easy GUI for handling MySQL

- Paint.Net / Photoshop for image editing if needed

To add a bit of MS to this, visual studio and azure basic tier are completely free these days, and you don't have to use .net if you don't want to either. 

For any IDE you use, go check Emmet, its a handy plugin for faster coding.

for example you type "html5"+ctrl+. it would generate a full html basic code.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I'm not a proper developer (only as a hobby), but here are my thoughts:

VSCode is popular in web development, I advise against using Notepad++ because of its lack of important features that are present in VSCode and similar.  I had performance issues with Atom, but YMMV.

You'll need to learn a backend language too, PHP might be a good choice but it is falling down in popularity from what I can see

🙂

We use JetBrains WebStorm at school. I don't know if we will use something else also, this is so far been for HTML, CSS and next week for Bootstrap. Course has Javascript and Java coming later.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, duncannah said:

I advise against using Notepad++ because of its lack of important features that are present in VSCode and similar.

I love VS. I am mainly a C# dev. but saying Notepad++ lack important features in simply wrong in this case. The only extra feature is Intellisense which is possible to get with Notepad++ by changing 1 setting as it's disable by default.

If you are thinking of web launch then it's not a VS feature. Web launch is VS starting a temp IIS host and pass the project folder link to it for it to be browsable. You can simply start IIS yourself and point on your dev folder it does the same thing.

8 hours ago, Franck said:

The only extra feature is Intellisense which is possible to get with Notepad++ by changing 1 setting as it's disable by default.

looks like it's not as extensive as intellisense. Also it's Windows only, so if you ever decide to switch, you'll need to find an alternative and waste time adapting to a new environment

🙂

14 hours ago, duncannah said:

if you ever decide to switch

How many this REALLY happen to you ? and if you do switch you need to readapt to the whole OS anyway. While on Linux you only need to Wine it but still have to adapt to a whole OS