20-30 FPS in GTA5 with 2070

ov3r5lock

I have an ASUS ROG 2070, i7-8700K and 16GB of DDR4-3200. My PSU is an EVGA 850, and since I've built the computer I've been getting roughly 25FPS in GTAV, which seems very strange, considering I got higher FPS on my old 1050ti. Any solutions?

did you reinstall the graphics driver?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

did you reinstall the graphics driver?

I'm not sure how to do that.

1 hour ago, Finwillwin said:

What resolution and settings?

1920x1080, at Ultra, it's only using roughly 6gb of the 8gb vram

Might be some issue with your components. First of all go to device manager and check if the GPU is fitted properly if yes then update your GPU drivers.

3 minutes ago, Jitendra said:

Might be some issue with your components. First of all go to device manager and check if the GPU is fitted properly if yes then update your GPU drivers.

It recognized the GPU, and my GPU drivers are already updated to the latest drivers.

1 hour ago, ov3r5lock said:

1920x1080, at Ultra, it's only using roughly 6gb of the 8gb vram

Boot into safe mode ... launch "msconfig" and under boot put safe mode hit ok and reboot.  You will be in safe mode now; You can now use DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" and after that reboot and your in normal mode and now install the latest nvidia 417.xx drivers and you should be good to go.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

2 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Boot into safe mode ... launch "msconfig" and under boot put safe mode hit ok and reboot.  You will be in safe mode now; You can now use DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" and after that reboot and your in normal mode and now install the latest nvidia 417.xx drivers and you should be good to go.

Just did that, no changes, still around  25FPS in GTA5.

4 hours ago, ov3r5lock said:

Download and run DDU in Safe Mode. This will clear out every trace of the 1050Ti driver from your system.

Go to Nvidia's site, download and install the newest RTX driver.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, airdeano said:

window mode or full screen?

Full screen.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Download and run DDU in Safe Mode. This will clear out every trace of the 1050Ti driver from your system.

Go to Nvidia's site, download and install the newest RTX driver.

Yeah, I already did, still getting the same FPS.

39 minutes ago, ov3r5lock said:

Full screen.

Yeah, I already did, still getting the same FPS.

Sheeeeeeez…….. that is not good, especially if you ran DDU.  Hmmmmmmm.  Try to not OC for testing purposes.  Put stock clocks on both CPU and GPU.  Then let us know what happens.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Also, what about other games ?  How do they run ?  If they run fine then you know its a software problem with GTA5 not liking your current setup and what not.

The GTA engine is one of the most poorly optimized engines in the world.  They are horrible with FPS, while other games with better engine and amazing graphics flys at 100fps + and what not.

Example.

If game A ,, runs at 100fps with small dips then GTA five would do like 50fps.  Very poorly optimized engine.  Graphics are good but not as good as many other games; those games fly on your system I bet, GTA engine is a joke, but the game is cool.

Your going to have to accept it man.  Either stop playing GTA 5 or if it means that much to you,  Do a format clean install which I don't recommend if other games run fine.

7 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Your going to have to accept it man.  Either stop playing GTA 5 or if it means that much to you,  Do a format clean install which I don't recommend if other games run fine.

Found the problem, VSync was enabled in the game, which wasn't allowing my FPS above 25.

Now I'm getting max FPS, thanks for the help though. :)