Do you still play minecraft?

MojangYang

Hi guys. I know that most of you guys have moved onto fortnite. Minecraft is no longer the popular game. I’m kind of sad. It was the game that inspired me. I have decided to stick to it.

this is a survey in LTT forum on how many people still plays minecraft. Plz let me know!

Sometimes, with my friends. We play when steam is down (then we can't play CSGO). I was (and still am) more of a Roblox guy, it's what I played more since my dad didn't let my buy minecraft until I had good enough grades for it. Also, I haven't moved to Fortnite, yet, CSGO has my heart.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

well, it's kind of the same with fortnite, the game isn't bad, the biggest part of the community is. i still play it sometimes

Create a poll (if you still can)

I don't play many games, but I do play Minecraft. I've had it since day one honestly, and it's gotten so much better since. I like to just work in my mines while listing to a podcast. I have a few select worlds I like to play, mainly because I worked so hard on them (and because I worked so hard on them, I have at least five back ups of each. lol). I don't think, statistically, Fortnight has more players than Minecraft. Sure, more younger people play Fortnight that Minecraft these days, but I think still most people who play Fortnight still play Minecraft. I once saw a meme where someone commented on how Bob Ross would love Minecraft, and if a creeper blew up part of his house, he would talk about happy little accidents. I don't see Minecraft dying off in the near future, there's just too much you can make and create with it.

I play minecraft still.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I still play it occasionally, specifically when I just need a casual game to play which isn't too graphically-intensive.

It's still one of my favorite games of all time, particularly since it was basically my childhood. Picked up it since I was about 10, I played a bunch of the Pocket Edition in school with friends.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Nope, mainly because I played so much of it that I just don't find any enjoyment playing it anymore. Doesn't help that I'd essentially be playing alone... a) because my friends stopped playing and b) because every time I join a server, it fucking closes within a month. (Or it's a world size limited server, or allows griefing or some other crap...)

That coupled with the fact that the only version of minecraft worth talking about require Java and I refuse to have that crap full of security hole on my computer ever again.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 hours ago, MojangYang said:

this is a survey in LTT forum on how many people still plays minecraft.

Make a poll of who plays and who doesn't. 

I don't play because it's a pretty boring (because I played so much in the past), and frankly a dead game at this point.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I never played minecraft.  I played fortnight for a day and hated it.  I feel like a black sheep.  I think since i grew up with an atari and nes going back to graphics that looked similar to that did not appeal to me.  I might have to give minecraft a shot some day.  It will be an awkward conversations with my 10 year old.  "hey can you help me figure this game out" lol.

9 hours ago, MojangYang said:

Hi guys. I know that most of you guys have moved onto fortnite. Minecraft is no longer the popular game. I’m kind of sad. It was the game that inspired me. I have decided to stick to it.

this is a survey in LTT forum on how many people still plays minecraft. Plz let me know!

Minecraft is still very much a popular game - especially with the younger audience (tweens, young teens, etc). And even among older teens and adults it's still pretty popular.

It's just not new anymore. So it doesn't generate a lot of discussion. People that are still into minecraft don't talk about it as much, and instead just go and play on their servers.

I never got into the game much. We started up a minecraft server at work (Public Library) for members to use, and I played a bit on there during testing and deployment. It's a fun game, but I run into issues with sandbox games where there's no clear direction - I do some stuff and then I just can't decide what to do next.

One day I'd like to get into it a bit more though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, Beowulff83 said:

I never played minecraft.  I played fortnight for a day and hated it.  I feel like a black sheep.  I think since i grew up with an atari and nes going back to graphics that looked similar to that did not appeal to me.  I might have to give minecraft a shot some day.  It will be an awkward conversations with my 10 year old.  "hey can you help me figure this game out" lol.

Dude that's not awkward, that's a perfect opportunity to share something with your kid (Assuming they're still into Minecraft). Start up a server at home, play together with your kid, and let them help you learn the game.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I still enjoy Minecraft from time to time, but I have definitely noticed a decline in people playing and streaming.

But, eventually, Fortnite will do the same thing because that's how trends go.

Bought an i5, got an i7. Thanks Amazon.

Spoiler

Specs:

CPU: i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB | RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600 MHz | Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper | HDD: Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | PSU: EVGA 750P2 80+ | Monitor: Acer 21.5" 1080p & Samsung 27" Curved 1080p | Keyboard & Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Octane Combo | Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech Z313 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Never played Minecraft and have no intention too

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Dude that's not awkward, that's a perfect opportunity to share something with your kid (Assuming they're still into Minecraft). Start up a server at home, play together with your kid, and let them help you learn the game.

very true,  can minecraft cross platform?  ps3 and pc if you make your own server

14 minutes ago, Beowulff83 said:

can minecraft cross platform

Yes. Bedrock is cross compatible between Win10 and XBOne.

Java is cross compatible amongst every OS that'll run it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Very often, mostly java but occasionally bedrock

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I used to play minecraft with my friends and occasionally by myself but eventually we all moved on to Terraria because it simply has more interesting content and runs better for those with potato computers. In minecraft we would always dig deep, get some diamonds, maybe build some houses and castles and be bored with the game already. In terraria there's just more to do and it takes a bit longer to get to the endgame. Maybe things improved in minecraft because I haven't played in a while but I'm just not interested atm

Yes, I still play it, played it yesterday, I don't expect to ever "stop" playing it, maybe stop for a month or two or three or six, but I'll eventually be back.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

7 hours ago, zassou said:

never played. stupid game.

Just curious, but what makes Minecraft a "stupid game" to you?

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Just curious, but what makes Minecraft a "stupid game" to you?

poor graphics, and someone adding post effect thing on that... in my time, mc means molten core, not some stupid mosaic game

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Just now, zassou said:

poor graphics, and someone adding post effect thing on that... in my time, mc means molten core, not some stupid mosaic game

"Poor graphics"?

Does graphics make a game? Most definitely not. The graphics are an artistic choice to evoke retro styling.

As for the molten core thing, you've lost me.

Anyway, to each their own, I just cannot understand your position, as it does not seem to be based on anything substantive.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

"Poor graphics"?

Does graphics make a game? Most definitely not. The graphics are an artistic choice to evoke retro styling.

As for the molten core thing, you've lost me.

Anyway, to each their own, I just cannot understand your position, as it does not seem to be based on anything substantive.

one of those thing that, i was nothing to you, dont like it, dont hate it. until a bunch of shitheads cant stop talking about it, then you hate it.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I played it yesterday on the Windows 10 version, I haven't played it since like two years ago on my xbox 360, and it was surprisingly fun. The only reason I didn't get into minecraft on PC right away was because of crafting, you actually have to remember where to put items in the crafting boxes, and on console you just selected items to craft. Since then, they have added a similar feature so the game has been very fun for the couple hours I played. I probably would've been playing for a while now if I had friends that wanted to play on survival worlds with me, the game is so much more fun with another person.

hi