Bought everything today, build starts tomorrow

Ravendarat

So after reading and asking a bunch of questions on here (thanks to everyone who answered) I am finally ready to build my first new tower in about a decade. I feel pretty good about everything I got, the only disappointing part is I have prior commitment tonight so I can start assembly till tomorrow (whether that's 1 am or 10 am is TBD). Im happy with all my choices, I now some will say "why did you buy this item instead of this item" or "that's overkill, you don't need that" but at the end of the day If I didn't pull the trigger I would have continued to chase my tail around for weeks. Here's hoping to a somewhat smooth build process! BTW the prices listed on there aren't accurate for everything, some was less but in reality the prices don't matter anymore.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor Purchased For $429.99
CPU Cooler Corsair - H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Purchased For $199.99
Thermal Compound Noctua - NT-H1 3.5 g Thermal Paste Purchased For $9.99
Motherboard Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For $299.99
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Purchased For $344.99
Storage ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive Purchased For $129.99
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $134.99
Video Card EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB XC GAMING Video Card Purchased For $1649.99
Case Fractal Design - Define R6 White TG ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $219.99
Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $149.99
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full - USB 32/64-bit Purchased For $119.99
Monitor Acer - Z35 bmiphz 35.0" 2560x1080 200 Hz Monitor Purchased For $799.99
Keyboard Logitech - G910 Orion Spark Wired Gaming Keyboard Purchased For $149.99
Mouse Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse Purchased For $83.99
Headphones Astro - A40 + MIXAMP Pro Headset Purchased For $329.99
Speakers Logitech - Z623 200 W 2.1ch Speakers Purchased For $149.99
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $0.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-19 20:36 EST-0500  

picture1.jpg

It's a solid system, I see no glaring issues with it, or things that would make me say "why did you do this" moments.

In fact the only gripe I can come up with is that I don't personally care for the 20xx series, but that doesn't mean they're not good cards, she will serve you well. Have fun building her!

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

The cards are definitely overpriced, I think they are good but the performance per dollar sucks, but I knew that when I bought it. It was an impulse purchase

I was kind of curious as to why you only went with a 1080 display. I know you want 200 Hertz but why not 1440p 144 Hertz. I'm just go with the 1080ti and save the money. Still going to be a suite system you could always upgrade to 4k monitor later or 1440p.

Update time, got home last night at 12:30 and decided I need to start assembly so I stayed up till well after 4 and got it all done. I didn’t take pictures as I went because I just didn’t think of it. Either way I rolled the dice, built everything in the case and fully assembled and cable managed before I even pressed the power button and much to my surprise it posted first time and everything went exactly as it should. 

Im happy with the case selection as It definitely has enough space for doing a custom loop which will come in a few months. But for now I’ll enjoy it and stress test it to make sure everything is solid. The ONLY thing I’m not happy about is I really wanted to mount my graphics card vertically but there isn’t enough room for the pci connector with the power supply cover in there, I’m still gonna do some thinking on that and see if there is a way to do it. Still haven’t over clocked but it scored a 13430 on time spy on stock settings so that’s promising. Also the cables that come with the Corsair supply can’t bend at all close to the connector so cable management is not what I want, custom cables will be ordered

C9652E40-2407-4B46-9B2C-9ECEA8AB2B54.jpeg

30288F13-D08E-4472-B080-983AFCFBE187.jpeg

16 hours ago, SeerreuS said:

I was kind of curious as to why you only went with a 1080 display. I know you want 200 Hertz but why not 1440p 144 Hertz. I'm just go with the 1080ti and save the money. Still going to be a suite system you could always upgrade to 4k monitor later or 1440p.

Came down to dollars and cents. I wanted Ultrawide, wanted g-sync and wanted 144hz or better. This monitor went on sale for 600 bucks so it was the best value imo, 4K isn’t a concern for me

Man, that looks good! I have an EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition. I thought the name on the side of the card was going to light up but to my disappointment it doesn't! I love how yours lights up. Silly maybe, but man I love that. Enjoy this great PC!

Current build 20 Dec 2018: Ryzen 5 2600X, EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition, 16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 500GB 970 Evo NVME M.2 SSD, Gigabyte Aorus B450 M mATX Mobo, Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV mATX Silver case, EVGA 650G3 PSU, BenQ GW2765 27" QHD IPS 100% sRGB, Logitech G403 Mouse, Corsair K65 LUX RGB + Logitech K780 Keyboards, Creative A250 2.1 Speakers, SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth Headset.

• 1 month later...

FINALLY got my cables and my vertical mounting kit for my GPU. Couple minor issues that are annoying but Ill address when I do my loop either at the end of the month or maybe next. Firstly I really like the cablemod cables I got, I just got an entry level set because every kind of custom config I came up with ended up being like 300 bucks once I added options and I just couldn't justify that, but my gripe is I need a couple more black cable combs and they don't/won't sell them separate, only clear ones, so I might be forced to by off brand combs and replace them all because every thing else I am seeing doesn't look quite the same. Seems silly they dont sell them but i'll over come and adapt lol. 

Second issue I came into is the vertical gpu mount doesn't line up with the mounting holes in the case so the gpu is currently actually just held in with the mount on the back of the case. Now since it slots in and is vertical as opposed to horizontal it's plenty strong and obviously doesn't sag but its not currently right and bugs me so I will have to drill and tap new holes to mount the card when I dissemble everything for the loop. Once again not a huge deal but just something else to add to the list. 

Third is an easy fix. The cooler on the card is ugly, no other way to put it. Horizontal it was fine but now that its vertical its ugly. Once again though when I water cool it the cooler comes off anyways and ill replace it with a plexi top and the world will be fine. 

Lastly is the cable management on the back side. Im not happy with it. Its ok but It just needs more work. I guess if I ordered customer length cables it would help but I wanna see if I can work with what I have first, would seem sill to order customer lengths just to appease myself on a part of the system thats never seen. Also I need a new sata cable thats longer so I can bring it down then back up the side instead of that straight across garbage.

No matter what though this stage is done for now and Im happy over all with it.

Comp 1.jpg

comp 2.jpg

comp 3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So last weekend I decided to RGB all the things! In reality I bought fan kits when they were on special ( I bought 2 but only one is in use right now, the other will be for the second rad when I install them) because I knew I could use them when I did water cooling and since i still dont really know the entire direction I am gonna go I figured if I get RGB stuff I can be sure that I will be able to color match what ever I do.

Product Shot.jpg

Cable Management.jpg

White 1.jpg

Blue 1.jpg

Blue 2.jpg