Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r2724r16

Showing that I posted something in General Discussion when I actually haven't [Bug is gone now]

Posted · Original PosterOP

EDIT: The bug is gone, but mods please take a look into this

So the forums main page shows that I posted something in general discussion, even though I haven't.

Here's the thread in which it shows that I posted something in (you can even check the thread, I haven't posted anything recently in it): 

Here are two pictures of the bug (one with me logged into the forum, one with me not logged into the forum😞

Screenshot (62)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (63)_LI.jpg

Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V || NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 || ASUS P6X58-E WS || Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) || ASUS STRIX GTX 770 || Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD || WD Green 1TB 3.5" HDD (7.2K RPM) || Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) || Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables || Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) || Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum || Logitech G27 Racing Wheel || Samsung 23.6" 1080p 60Hz PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) || CPU-Z Validation

I think it was just Chrome's cache that was saved/read incorrectly.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (3.6GHz; 1.25v) Cooler:  Noctua NF-A9x14 on Wraith Spire Heatsink Mobo: Asus Strix B350-i GPU: EVGA XC Gaming RTX 2070 RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz 14CL 2x8GB SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: ADATA Ultimate SU800 128GB M.2 PSUCorsair SF450 Case: Fractal Design Node 202 Monitor1ViewSonic XG2401 144Hz 24" / AOC G2460PF 144Hz 24"

Laptop

Microsoft Surface

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button. 

Spoiler

Retired Devices and Inventory:

• Asus NV56 17" (i7-3360QM, NVIDIA GT 650M, DDR3 8GB) laptop
  • Lenovo Thinkpad X220 12" (i5 vPro 2520M, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Samsung DDR3 1300MHz 9CL 2x4GB) laptop
  • Biostar X370GTN Racing Mini-ITX motherboard
  • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB gpu

1 hour ago, Nocte said:

I think it was just Chrome's cache that was saved/read incorrectly.

Good point. I wonder if that would happen on other browsers. So far, I haven't experienced it on Fire Fox.

That's really weird, and I can't see any reason why that would be happening...

It's not a browser cache issue, because the browser doesn't cache individual parts of the page (text) content, so it must be on the server. However, there's nothing in the code that I can see which would make it possible for that field to display incorrectly in that way.

If it happens again, please let me know.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic