MSI 1070 SOMETHING'S VERY WORNG - need help

NXK

The first time i plugged the GPU and make it run, it worked perfectly. Then I ran a banchmark, furmark...

I wanted to stress this card to its max, to see what it will do...

But the card didn't reach it's max, it actually stopped working at 65°C. Firstly it froze, then the black screen showed and then came back to its senses... Picture came back and told me that drivers had failed..

Then again I ran one program. It was chosen randomly.

The card crashed and i had to reset the computer.

After the reset, the drivers were gone (think they were present, not deleted, just not working) present drivers were the generic one with bad resolution.

I did complete uninstall of drivers with DDU in safe mode... reinstall the drivers to its latest 417.71, i think that's the name of the last one. 

And after that i did reset of the computer, it booted well and then i ran again one stress program, it reached it's limit at 65 degrees and failed.

after that i was unable to get a picture on the screen.

GPU's fans worked ok and everything else as well, i've tried with many others cards like 1060, 580 and it works sweet. 

The screen itself is not pitch black, but it is the color of plugged monitor with no display available. Like, it looks like it has electricity, but with no display cable plugged, even tho it is.  

So i think GPU at this point is dead, because i guess even display did not detect the GPU.

and oh, it displayed some of the red dots on the screen as well, before dying on me.

Only happened with that card.   

Tho i need your thoughts on that matter.

What do you think? is it dead?

20190118_154829.thumb.jpg.efdb21ddc23a2bae048c66367dc0b619.jpg20190118_155023.thumb.jpg.a0a2837fceb9dcbd77f317acbf1c89fa.jpg

Ryzen 5 3600 | Asus TUF B450 PRO Gaming | 16GB Patriot Steel Series Viper 3733Mhz | Intel 660P 1TB NVMe | Galax 1070 OC mini | BitFenix Whisper M 650W | Samsung LC32JG50 1440p 144hz  | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

50 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

You can try underclocking it.

Yeah, well... It doesn't show any sign of picture on the display, so that's not quite possible =(

Ryzen 5 3600 | Asus TUF B450 PRO Gaming | 16GB Patriot Steel Series Viper 3733Mhz | Intel 660P 1TB NVMe | Galax 1070 OC mini | BitFenix Whisper M 650W | Samsung LC32JG50 1440p 144hz  | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

52 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

It's artifacting already. It's dying. Needs to be replaced. Is this new and covered under warranty or exchange with the vendor?

Yes, it is under warranty, but isn't there any other solution, than replacing it?

6 minutes ago, NET3X said:

Yes, it is under warranty, but isn't there any other solution, than replacing it?

Unless you have the skills to physically repair it yourself, then now. It's a mechanical failure (physical device failure). You'll have to do RMA. I use MSI cards, and their RMA process is pretty quick. If you explain that you need it replaced ASAP for school, they generally speed things up for you so you can get it back faster.