Very low cpu usage when streaming on OBS

lmeneses

So, about a month ago, I was streaming The Isle just fine, smooth 60 FPS in game and on stream, but now it goes below 10 fps. The CPU runs at about 24% in game, and runs at below 1% in obs. I have not changed anything settings wise in my PC other than I have not streamed in a month. I have lowered the resolution on OBS to 720, I have reduced the fps to 30, and I am running out of ideas. Any help is appreciated. System specs in signature

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

I'm sure you know that your 9600k isn't the best thing to stream with. Do you have your power performance plan in windows on high?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I'm sure you know that your 9600k isn't the best thing to stream with. Do you have your power performance plan in windows on high?

Yes but my stream was working great the last time I did it. I don't know what happened cause I didn't change anything setting wise. Also, yes, it is on high performance

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

Yes but my stream was working great the last time I did it. I don't know what happened cause I didn't change anything setting wise. Also, yes, it is on high performance

You have CPU-Z or something to check your temps? Maybe your chip is getting hot and throttling.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

You have CPU-Z or something to check your temps? Maybe your chip is getting hot and throttling.

I use MSI afterburner for the on-screen display, and my temps only reach around 60 C

Just now, lmeneses said:

I use MSI afterburner for the on-screen display, and my temps only reach around 60 C

I'm not really sure to be honest, I'm stumped. Sorry man. I'm sure some other people can help you out.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I'm not really sure to be honest, I'm stumped. Sorry man. I'm sure some other people can help you out.

Well, I lowered the CPU usage preset to the lowest setting which uses more of the CPU, and that helped a lot, but I'm still only seeing 1% CPU usage in OBS. Idk if the issue is related to OBS, but I'm not finding anything online either. 

What are you encoding with? Software or hardware?

What preset are you using? What bitrate?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

What are you encoding with? Software or hardware?

What preset are you using? What bitrate?

Software x264, preset placebo, and 6000 bitrate 

8 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

Software x264, preset placebo, and 6000 bitrate 

why are you using placebo, use fast or very fast. There is no way your doing placebo streaming

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

why are you using placebo, use fast or very fast. There is no way your doing placebo streaming

When I use anything other than placebo, the stream is unwatchable

Just now, lmeneses said:

When I use anything other than placebo, the stream is unwatchable

as in dropped frames?

What is cpu usage like?

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

as in dropped frames?

What is cpu usage like?

Yes and around .9 to 1.1

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

then try nvenc instead of x264

My only options are x264 and H264/AVC. Also, placebo or any other preset does not help now with any encoder setting 

Just now, lmeneses said:

My only options are x264 and H264/AVC. Also, placebo or any other preset does not help now with any encoder setting 

then there is some weird issue here. There is no way placebo is being used as its way to slow. Id reinsatall obs and delete all the config files.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

then there is some weird issue here. There is no way placebo is being used as its way to slow. Id reinsatall obs and delete all the config files.

Yea, I think I shall try that. Also, my cpu usage in the game The Isle, which is an open world game, is about 25%. Is that normal? It is still in earlyish access too

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

Yea, I think I shall try that. Also, my cpu usage in the game The Isle, which is an open world game, is about 25%. Is that normal? It is still in earlyish access too

That seems fine, Usage really depends on the game, but if performance is fine, thats fine.

You cannot use placebo with a hexacore CPU. That thing is taxing even on octacores. Use fast or medium and keep bitrate to 6000 (which is still too high if you are not affiliate on Twitch). I am assuming you are streaming at 720p, if you aren't do that and use the lanczos preset.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

2 minutes ago, Nocte said:

You cannot use placebo with a hexacore CPU. That thing is taxing even on octacores. Use fast or medium and keep bitrate to 6000 (which is still too high if you are not affiliate on Twitch). I am assuming you are streaming at 720p, if you aren't do that and use the lanczos preset.

I think it is an issue with OBS honestly. The settings are exactly the same as before when it ran perfectly, and I have reset the settings as well for best optimization. I've also lowered the settings to 720p (I used to stream at 1080p), lowered the bitrate, made the preset the fastest it can be, etc

@Electronics Wizardy @Nocte The only solution that I have discovered is reducing the graphical setting, which still does not make sense since I literally streamed this game a couple weeks ago at the same setting.