Asus $1100 RGB budget build

tedybear1395

So i built this at an actual $1090 plus or minus 50 cents US dollars and its specs are as follows.......

-asus crosshair VI hero motherboard

-amd am4 Ryzen 7 2700x 3.7 ghz octacore 16 thread processor w/ amd wraith prism cooler

-16GB corssair vengance rgb DDR4 3000Mhz ram

-AMD Saphire Radeon RX460 4GB DDR5 oc GPU

-coolermaster masterbox pro 5 rgb tower

-windows 10 (cause ya know the guys at amd dont support anything older from microsoft)

-(the least useful part of my build)a 500 GB mechanical hard drive at 1600x read right spead 

a cinebench test puts me at 119.1 fps and 1765 cb what do you think

Great CPU and motherboard choice, but I'm wondering why you got such a weak GPU in proportion to the CPU power. So, why did you get an rx 460 for a 2700x?

The things I recommend for you, is getting an SSD, maybe bigger HDD, and a better GPU.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Pretty good, but who the fuck pairs a RX 560 with a 2700X (unless upgrading very soon)?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

ill be upgrating to sli 2080's but that'll cost me about $1600+ more and my ssd is just a matter of choosing nvme 2 or pcie because honestly i havn't done the research weather my board can suppoert it and i only paid $86 for the rx 460 and for the time being is  major upgrade from the hd8600 geforce 1gb i was using on my ancient machine with the phenom quad and 5gb 333mhz ram i was using before. i'm actually pushing max if not just next to max graphics on my favorite titles like 7 days to die

im hopping nvme 2 because i found a 450GB for only 78 + shipping

4 hours ago, tedybear1395 said:

ill be upgrating to sli 2080's but that'll cost me about $1600+ more and my ssd is just a matter of choosing nvme 2 or pcie because honestly i havn't done the research weather my board can suppoert it and i only paid $86 for the rx 460 and for the time being is  major upgrade from the hd8600 geforce 1gb i was using on my ancient machine with the phenom quad and 5gb 333mhz ram i was using before. i'm actually pushing max if not just next to max graphics on my favorite titles like 7 days to die

im hopping nvme 2 because i found a 450GB for only 78 + shipping

Why would you SLI 2080s? That's spending $1600 USD when you could just get a 2080 Ti with that money and have better performance. SLI isn't widely supported for all games and because of that, it isn't very practical. It can even cripple your performance depending on what games you're playing. 

what the hell is nvme 2? Like 2 terabytes?

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

nvme 2 or m.2 ssd boot storage it usually is going for $350 plus brand new and i found it at only $78 plus shipping and thank you for the input on the sli i was going back and forth on that 

i do just for the record plan on finishing this off with liquid cooling and ssd only sstorage along with the 2080 gpu with just a couple more rgb lights to it but in the meantime i have bills to pay and a kid on the way so its all budget buying with a relative moderate income.

20190119_055832[1].jpg

20190119_060912[1].jpg

19 hours ago, tedybear1395 said:

nvme 2 or m.2 ssd boot storage it usually is going for $350 plus brand new and i found it at only $78 plus shipping and thank you for the input on the sli i was going back and forth on that 

nvme 2 is not an alt name for m.2... NVMe is an interface for storage, meaning non volatile memory express, and m.2 is a form factor...

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra