RIP The Dream

Acans

Decided on the 28th of December to give Savage Jerky a try with the Xmas Swag promotion they were doing. However, when it finally arrived yesterday I was heartbroken. Out of the 1x Original Beef and 2x Maple Buffalo Bacon, The Australian Government seized the bacon and destroyed it ?

I didn't even know Australia didn't allow Pork imports in the form of Jerky, but we don't keep up with who's Prime Minister anymore since they change yearly so it's my fault. I just really, really wanted to try it...

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

be happy you are free to buy beef in your country, people are mob lynched and killed here if you even mention cow and meat in the same sentence. 
edit : i get it you are talking about pork. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

3 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

As someone who has recently bought an assortment of Savage Jerky and has been let down, I weep for you...the Maple Buffalo Bacon was by far the best one that I tried.

I thank you brother.

4 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

be happy you are free to buy beef in your country, people are mob lynched and killed here if you even mention cow and meat in the same sentence. 
edit : i get it you are talking about pork. 

Remind me not to visit where you are from lol.

59 minutes ago, Acans said:

I thank you brother.

Remind me not to visit where you are from lol.

Pro tip if you ever visit India ?? never talk about cows or beef with any person. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

"biosecurity risk"
Is this a joke or are they seriously believing this crap they are spouting? It's cooked dehydrated pork in an air tight plastic bag, there's nothing left in there that could pose any sort of bio contamination risk. You're not bringing that cooked pork in a god damn pig farm to spread "diseases" to the pigs, you're eating the damn thing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

22 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

"biosecurity risk"
Is this a joke or are they seriously believing this crap they are spouting? It's cooked dehydrated pork in an air tight plastic bag, there's nothing left in there that could pose any sort of bio contamination risk. You're not bringing that cooked pork in a god damn pig farm to spread "diseases" to the pigs, you're eating the damn thing.

just remember, this is the same country that said the laws of mathematics will always be second to the laws of Australia. the people who run our country are, well, shall i say, with the common phrase "intelligence is the best weapon", we're still fighting with sticks.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

don't Australia have super uptight laws on importing anything of biological origin? o_o

Seeing as we get a new Prime Minister every year but we only vote every 3 years, I guess anythings possible.

3 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

The biosecurity officer was just hungry and needed some tasty bacon. 

That bacon was "destroyed" alright?  Destroyed= eaten

More than likely... Which makes it even worse ?

6 hours ago, Arika S said:

just remember, this is the same country that said the laws of mathematics will always be second to the laws of Australia. the people who run our country are, well, shall i say, with the common phrase "intelligence is the best weapon", we're still fighting with sticks.

"Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia." - Tony Abbott, Former Prime Minister.

The best bits can be found in this video.

Spoiler

Hey Australia, it's called "Burger King" not "Hungry Jacks" If you wanna slap American goods in the face, at least don't butcher the names for what's allowed.

27 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Hey Australia, it's called "Burger King" not "Hungry Jacks" If you wanna slap American goods in the face, at least don't butcher the names for what's allowed.

better than Micky d's

seriously how the fuck do you come up with that?

macca's is just a shortened version of MacDonald, how the hell do you get Micky from Mac?

and before you say anything like "it's a stupid name" in 2013 the Australian portion of Macca's changed their name to Macca's

and i'm not talking about a nickname, they changed some of their resterrunts signs and also copyrighted the name

https://www.ipwatchdog.com/2013/01/28/mcdonalds-australian-rebrand-maccas-a-local-slang-name/id=33908/

has your macdonalds done that? cause i can't find anything on the subject.

also Hungry Jacks is shit... really shit...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

2 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

macca's is just a shortened version of MacDonald, how the hell do you get Micky from Mac?

You get Micky from McDonalds because the 'Mc' is pronounced "Mick."

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

What a fucking waste of food to destroy. African kids will be happy if you give it to them. 

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

You get Micky from McDonalds because the 'Mc' is pronounced "Mick."

so why hasn't macca's re branded themselves Micky d's in the US?

Just now, Salv8 (sam) said:

so why hasn't macca's re branded themselves Micky d's in the US?

Because McDonalds is the brand. Micky D's is just a shorthand some people occasionally use.

Also, we're not that stupid.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Also, we're not that stupid.

i have seen many boneheaded things from the US

Australia, we have the same thing although they are exiled from Australia and have their Australian everything striped from them as punishment.

it's either that or we feed them to the magpies... either is fine by us...

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

Cocaine is alright, bring that right though in your carry on mate no worries, but don't you go bringing in Apples and Water bottles nope not happening. 

12 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Burger King from American didn't wanna pay what the bloke who registered the Burger King Trademark in Australia wanted, so they had no choice lol.