Kali linux CDROM

Go to solution Solved by alsetema,

You want to go into a terminal, you can use ctrl + alt + f2 for that. Once you are there login if it requests you to do that and type

mkdir /cdrom 

to create a folder called cdrom in the root directory. then you want to mount your USB stick into that folder, for this you will have to first identify your USB stick. You can either run

lsblk

or

fdisk -l

to get a list of connected storage devices. The main disk usually is /dev/sdaX (where x is the partition number) and the rest are other connected drives.

Now that you have identified your USB stick you can mount it to the folder we created before.

for this use:

mount -vfat /dev/sdbX

where X is your partition number in the correct USB device.

Once you have done this you can go back to the installation menu (It should be either ctrl + alt + f1 or ctrl + alt + f7 I can't remember well now) and retry the installation

Cheers!

I'm trying to install kali linux and I get issue Cd rom not detected. So I tried doing this "Mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /cdrom" But I managed to get device or resource busy, but most of the time no such director??? anyways I give up, I tried dd instead of iso on rufus, that also didn't work, I tried that with ntfs also didn't work. I give up

What's your question? Do you need help making a bootable disc or installing Kali? At what point do you get this error?

Also, don't install Kali. It's designed to run as a live environment and installing it to your hard drive doesn't make sense.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

What's your question? Do you need help making a bootable disc or installing Kali? At what point do you get this error?

Also, don't install Kali. It's designed to run as a live environment and installing it to your hard drive doesn't make sense.

How do I get it to work????? I like to use linux as well as windows, and I don't like live usbs

11 hours ago, Pi31415 said:

How do I get it to work????? I like to use linux as well as windows, and I don't like live usbs

What are you trying to do? How do you get what to work?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

57 minutes ago, Sauron said:

What are you trying to do? How do you get what to work?

Says no CD rom detected on installation. 

5 minutes ago, Pi31415 said:

Says no CD rom detected on installation. 

At which point in the installation?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You want to go into a terminal, you can use ctrl + alt + f2 for that. Once you are there login if it requests you to do that and type

mkdir /cdrom 

to create a folder called cdrom in the root directory. then you want to mount your USB stick into that folder, for this you will have to first identify your USB stick. You can either run

lsblk

or

fdisk -l

to get a list of connected storage devices. The main disk usually is /dev/sdaX (where x is the partition number) and the rest are other connected drives.

Now that you have identified your USB stick you can mount it to the folder we created before.

for this use:

mount -vfat /dev/sdbX

Once you have done this you can go back to the installation menu (It should be either ctrl + alt + f1 or ctrl + alt + f7 I can't remember well now) and retry the installation

Cheers!

3 hours ago, alsetema said:

mkdir /cdrom 

lsblk

or

fdisk -l

for this use:

mount -vfat /dev/sdbX

Cheers!

Seems pretty fucking reasonable brb