Angry Video Game Nerd and James Rolfe other projects

Robin_Sweden

Don't know if everyone knows James Rolfe Alter Ego The Angry Video Game Nerd.

Then I see him very much watching as AVGN when he tracks down games and sometimes movies. and since his main subject is still Retro games, I thought we could discuss his works ... In what views he is wrong or right

Discuss his latest movie or why not just talk about why he's so funny.

because as I said there are many retro games in the world many are good but are also many BAD and he sees it really bad in games. Because if you played one of the games that he reviews (spelling?) Then you almost understand WHY one could build up such aggression on the games when one was small.

So look in a bit of AVGN's matrial and we'll see if it's going to get started

can start by adding my favvorit clips

memymo's top 5
1.Power Glove (it's how good anyway .. a little side infe is to check out Top Gun before)
2.Roger Rabbit
3.Friday the 13th and Nightmare on elm street (when they are 2 parts that are interconnected, they are the same)
4.Buggs bunney's birthday blowout
5.Sega CD (console resource but the e terribly good)

https://cinemassacre.com/

2.jpg

Love that guy, the Nerd character is pure gold. The Home Alone episode was amazing, all his recent stuff seems super high quality tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

His early nerd stuff was really amazing, god the Silver Surfer episode killed me. My favorite thing he did somewhat recently was when he and Mike Matei did a playthrough of Abobo's Big Adventure

My favorite video of his, was probably the video on how the Nerd episodes are made. Super interesting content in my opinion.

When thinking of his reviews, I can't really name 1 favorite one.. Many of them have really enjoyable parts in them. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Personally, I think his latest Nerd episodes have been slipping a bit. They lack the creativity and constant foul mouth humor that made his character so great. However, they are still worth watching. Just because I don't personally think they are as good as his earlier Nerd work, doesn't mean I don't enjoy them. 

However, video games aren't his primary passion, that would be movies based on what he has said. Just from a casual glance, it seems that the success of the Nerd has helped springboard him into a more heavy focus on his primary passion, which is a bit sad as someone who primarily enjoys his video game content but as a fan, I'm glad to see him able to focus on his real passion.

But it is his Nerd episodes that led me to his other content. His Bullshit series is just hilarious as is Board James. Actually, Board James is an absolute riot at times. That said, in recent years I have started watching some of his movie content here and there. I'm not too into the horror genre. In fact, I am generally turned off by it but I enjoy when he talks about other genres. He actually talked about a movie called Freaked not that long ago. I immediately checked it out and found it to be quite enjoyable. It's a very odd and unknown movie so I probably never would have heard about it if it wasn't for him.