MTF or UFTP.... Computer Science Teacher in Distress

MisterSchumacher

I'm not sure where to ask this question but here is my situation, I am a computer science teacher trying to push 60gb files to my classroom lab of 24 computers as fast and as efficiently as possible.  I currently have a network share that takes about 20 hrs to transfer a 60gb file from 1 teacher computer to all 24 lab computers.  I would like to be able to transfer one 60gb file to all 24 computers in 1 block period, 90 minutes.  I have tried to work with my school's IT department but they are unwilling to help me in this matter.  So upgrading the switches and network is not an option.  I have looked into multicast options but this is a new avenue for me and I am not sure where to start.  All suggestions are welcome.

I'm not sure what kind of files they are, but instead of trying to push the files to the computers, would it not be much easier to make the other 24 computers fetch the files from yours? It might be idea to set some kind of local server for that. E.G if they are videos, they could all be streaming the video from your PC to theirs, and so on.

Sorry if for bad english, cheers!

Sounds like some form of torrent solution would be best.